Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 09:43 PM

820 posts, read 972,012 times

Advertisements

I took a very good friend to prom on Tuesday night, and we were going as friends, but we danced very intimately during slow dances and gave each other a couple of kisses on the cheeks when I dropped her off at the end of the night and hugged also. We also exchanged very affectionate text messages afterward. Last night, we were just hanging out with our mutual friends, and I drove her home because she didn't have her car. I walked her to the door for the first time besides prom night, and we hugged before she went inside. However, I didn't kiss her on the cheek like I did on prom night, and I regret that. My mentality at the time was to see if she would initiate a hug (which she did) in a non-formal situation and then kiss her on the cheek next time I dropped her off. I wasn't sure about kissing her on a non-formal night, but I'm thinking now that I should have. Do you think I made the right decision by not kissing her last night after a casual hangout, or the wrong decision? I really like her, especially after going to prom with her, and I don't want to ruin anything. We never hugged until this week either except for once on my birthday.

Last edited by xxblue100; 05-26-2016 at 10:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 12:00 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
I'm pretty aggressive, so I'm going to say yes. But, I think you're cool by not kissing her.

Don't worry about, a kiss will come soon enough, if she really wants one. And next time, go for the lips, not her cheeks.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:04 AM

122 posts, read 122,707 times
Here is what you should do. Ask her out, no mutual friends. If she say yes, yea, hug her, kiss her, move your hands unless she pull away XD If she did, tone it down a bit XD

Old 05-27-2016, 12:35 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Yup you sure did, by not kissing her on the lips.

Real alpha guys go for the kill with no mixed signals or messages.

Continuing to kiss only on the cheek makes you look weak. Besides, by trying to kiss her on her lips, you can gauge how she truly feels about you.

But don't fret, you may still have an opportunity to make things right next time, like on a date. During date look for an opening to kiss on lips at least, and at end of date for sure more deeper kisses (to a degree, not forcefully though). If she doesn't want to, you know where you stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships