Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 05:08 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
That's typical of a feminist to blame the man.
Men don't have the ability to have kids while women do so while the man isn't innocent, it's a single mother's fault for deciding to spread her legs for a deadbeat.

There are more men than you think out there who have never been married at 39 and even older.
I've never been married at 39 because I just haven't found a woman that I view as marriage material.
I've been in relationships before but I've broken them off for various reasons and a big reason in a couple more recent ones was that the woman morphed into a feminist over time and I want no part of that.
Also, marriage is a very risky proposition in today's age where women have so many options and any smart man should make sure that he signs a prenuptual agreement.
I've also been responsible in my life in that I've made sure to wear protection during sex so that I make sure that I don't get any woman that I'm not sure I'm going to be with long term, pregnant.
Ah, I can see you've drunk the Kool-aid so you are probably already too far gone. Good riddance.

Men who don't parent are bad parents who made the choice not to parent. Women who don't parent are bad parents who made the choice not to parent. There's nothing feminist about it - parents who are not actively involved in their kids lives are bad parents, period.

There is one thing I can guarantee you - it's not your blonde hair that's turning women off. Bye Felipe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 05:10 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Why am I not surprised that as a former single mother of 3 kids that you're a feminist, progressive-type which is many mens' worst nightmare including myself as I'm a Republican who is on the Conservative side. Conservatives tend to make better decisions financially and otherwise than liberals so I'm not surprised that you're a "progressive-type."

What of value besides sex do you have to offer to your husband might I ask?
I could never live with a feminist, Hillary Clinton-type much less with kids that I didn't create.
I would go nuts.

Yeah, I mean 'cause what else could she have to offer besides sex?

Your mindset says a lot.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-28-2016, 05:14 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post
You wouldn't date man who is not progressive? isn't that a form of "setting?"
No, I wouldn't date a man who is not progressive. How is that settling? It was a top priority, deal-breaker, when I was still dating. "Settling" could be seen as dating someone who isn't progressive in the way I'd like, but due to a lack of options I date someone I don't really connect with on an intellectual level.

But I had options. I didn't need to compromise my criteria.

Quote:
For a man in his child bearing years who is fit and good looking, stable and isn't interested in raising others kids or taking on a woman from a broken home due to the baggage, he certainly cannot loose by wanting equally what he has to give. It's just a risk he's not willing to take. People who are obese are more likely to be unhealthy, I am not sure who would desire that. Not always of course but much much more likely to be unhealthy. In both mind and body.
Which is great for him. He doesn't speak for all 6 ft+ tall men with full heads of hair and nice bodies, or men in general. Both your statements make use of erroneous assumptions and broad generalizations.

Quote:
Kinda like your "progressive" requirement you pat yourself on the back for being...whatever that means, that you will not "Settle" on. OR this weird "feminist" requirement for men, lol. This is a bizarre post
Reading comprehension is key. "Progressive" was a requirement in the same way "caring" and "very affectionate" were requirements. Such traits, as part of an individual's personality and world view, affect long term compatibility.

The difference between my criteria that I wouldn't settle on and sjm is that I don't make assumptions and claims about other people and others' dating preferences. I know many men who are feminists. My husband is a feminist (who also understands intersectional feminism). Perhaps you don't really understand feminism and why the support of it, the tenets and philosophies, are not gender specific.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:18 PM

50 posts, read 49,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Ah, I can see you've drunk the Kool-aid so you are probably already too far gone. Good riddance.

Men who don't parent are bad parents who made the choice not to parent. Women who don't parent are bad parents who made the choice not to parent. There's nothing feminist about it - parents who are not actively involved in their kids lives are bad parents, period.

There is one thing I can guarantee you - it's not your blonde hair that's turning women off. Bye Felipe!

A woman has a choice whether to open her legs and have sex with any man she chooses.
Many women today seem to be choosing deadbeats to have kids with for whatever reason and then they lump all men, even men like myself who are good guys, in with the deadbeats as being no good.
It doesn't surprise me at all that many single mothers who have made poor choices happen to be feminists.

I feel bad for any single mother who was a rape victim so she couldn't prevent it but other than that, women today need to be a lot more careful with who they decide to have unprotected sex with and stop lumping all men in as being no good after bad experiences with deadbeats.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Why am I not surprised that as a former single mother of 3 kids that you're a feminist, progressive-type which is many mens' worst nightmare including myself as I'm a Republican who is on the Conservative side. Conservatives tend to make better decisions financially and otherwise than liberals so I'm not surprised that you're a "progressive-type."

I could never live with a feminist, Hillary Clinton-type much less with kids that I didn't create.
I would go nuts.
That's a bit strong! You should be ashamed mate

Now I'm not defending her as she clearly can look after herself, but yes many men wouldn't want the responsibility of 3 kids but for the right woman they will and meta is clearly such a woman and a class above most and from the way she's described him he's perfectly matched for her

Yes a thread might get a bit heated but that's ^^^^ well out of order

52 posts, read 48,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
No, I wouldn't date a man who is not progressive. How is that settling? It was a top priority, deal-breaker, when I was still dating. "Settling" could be seen as dating someone who isn't progressive in the way I'd like, but due to a lack of options I date someone I don't really connect with on an intellectual level.

But I had options. I didn't need to compromise my criteria.

Which is great for him. He doesn't for all 6 ft+ tall men with full heads of hair and nice bodies, or men in general. Both your statements make use of erroneous assumption and broad generalizations.

Reading comprehension is key. "Progressive" was a requirement in the same way "caring" and "very affectionate" were requirements. Such traits, as part of an individual's personality and world view, affect long term compatibility.

The difference between my criteria that I wouldn't settle on and sjm is that I don't make assumptions and claims about other people and others' dating preferences.
Yeah I understand that last sentence. We all know assumptions are never right 100% of the time. The generalizations are what the world values, just as progressive is often a trait the world values also. And settling for a single mother or someone you deem as not progressive (which really has no definition except your own) isn't much different. It's still a form of settling. I see a guy who doesn't want to take on a lot of risk and most single mothers are not stable. And sadly, history usually repeats itself. They usually got that way for a reason. But that is key, "usually". And if he isn't able to, or doesn't wants to spend the time to find a good single mother, well that's his prerogative. He also doesn't want to be a dad to someone else's child so it's probably best for all involved. JMHO

Last edited by MonicaJackson; 05-28-2016 at 05:39 PM..

1,511 posts, read 1,253,592 times
Havent read the whole thread but i think for some reason people today think they can do so much better and arent willing to accept a few flaws. Nobody is perfect but people want the perfect person. I think people also have too many options nowadays with online dating whereas back on the day you could only really rely on your smaller circle of family and friends. Today if you are in a new city you have so many options at your fingertips thanks to tinder.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:23 PM

52 posts, read 48,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
Havent read the whole thread but i think for some reason people today think they can do so much better and arent willing to accept a few flaws. Nobody is perfect but people want the perfect person. I think people also have too many options nowadays with online dating whereas back on the day you could only really rely on your smaller circle of family and friends. Today if you are in a new city you have so many options at your fingertips thanks to tinder.
Yes but online dating is usually for those who have difficulty getting a mate in real life. So not sure if you'd call those options, options. It's sorta like going to jail and trying to pick out a mate from that population. It's possible to be successful in finding someone stable and compatible, but not likely

Old 05-28-2016, 05:29 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post
Yes but online dating is usually for those who have difficulty getting a mate in real life. So not sure if you'd call those options, options. It's sorta like going to jail and trying to pick out a mate from that population. It's possible to be successful in finding someone stable and compatible, but not likely
You have lots of opinions, but they come across as from someone very young, without a lot of life experience.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-28-2016, 05:31 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Why am I not surprised that as a former single mother of 3 kids that you're a feminist, progressive-type which is many mens' worst nightmare including myself as I'm a Republican who is on the Conservative side.
Correction: divorced mother. My first husband is far from a deadbeat dad, if you're going to attempt spouting falsities with the goal of validating your bogus presuppositions.

"Many mens' worst nightmare." Lololol Not according to the men I dated. I didn't hurt for dates from high quality men.

Quote:
Conservatives tend to make better decisions financially and otherwise than liberals so I'm not surprised that you're a "progressive-type."

Quote:
My very progressive, educated, intelligent, hot feminist husband? A whole lot, apparently, since I was his needle in a haystack.

Quote:
I could never live with a feminist,
And I'm sure many feminists feel the same way about your ilk. So it's mutual.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton-type much less with kids that I didn't create.
I would go nuts.
Lol. More baseless assumptions. I'm not a fan of HRC, but will absolutely vote blue given the alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships