Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 09:33 AM

971 posts, read 688,648 times

Advertisements

From a mans point of view, OLD has ruined dating in my area. It is a womans dream and a mans nightmare. Women sign up and get literally dozens of responses in a day. Men sign up and get a dozen in a year. Women have their pick of men. Just keep meeting guys until they find one they think will work for them. THEN if he doesn't work out or whatever, back to OLD to find another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 11:49 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
From a mans point of view, OLD has ruined dating in my area. It is a womans dream and a mans nightmare. Women sign up and get literally dozens of responses in a day. Men sign up and get a dozen in a year. Women have their pick of men. Just keep meeting guys until they find one they think will work for them. THEN if he doesn't work out or whatever, back to OLD to find another.
I feel your pain, I live in one of the worst regions of the country for dating as a man over 35. I live in one of the parts of the country that has a huge influx of male oil/gas workers, it was already statistically horrible for dating as a man even before that. Many of these men get on the OLD sites and pose a single person when in reality they are not. Back in their home state they have a family. I am on 3 different dating sites and get absolutely nowhere with anyone I'm interested in, and I search in a 60+ mile radius. i'm on EHarmony and will get to Stage 2 of the communication process and then for some reason they just close me out of nowhere. In RL I never meet anyone even though I'm extremely active and do many different things. I go to Meetup events sometimes and the women are not friendly at all and most are not even single I'm guessing.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:46 PM

50 posts, read 49,389 times
Bearsdad and Wanderlust76, you guys are absolutely right and unfortunately a good number of women on this site seem to be in denial that women have it a lot easier.

Even very overweight women and women with what many men would deem "baggage" in terms of being single mothers with multiple kids don't seem to have trouble finding a decent guy anymore because of online dating.

Even if you have one physical trait that a woman finds unattractive such as being on the short side, having the wrong hair color or not having hair at all in the case of bald guys can hinder you considerably if you try online dating whereas men seem more apt to overlook a woman's flaws even if they have a lot of baggage.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
Bearsdad and Wanderlust76, you guys are absolutely right and unfortunately a good number of women on this site seem to be in denial that women have it a lot easier.

Even very overweight women and women with what many men would deem "baggage" in terms of being single mothers with multiple kids don't seem to have trouble finding a decent guy anymore because of online dating.

Even if you have one physical trait that a woman finds unattractive such as being on the short side, having the wrong hair color or not having hair at all in the case of bald guys can hinder you considerably if you try online dating whereas men seem more apt to overlook a woman's flaws even if they have a lot of baggage.
So quit on OLD and focus on real life.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:36 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
So if we as men all agree that women have it better in OLD what is the next "problem" solving approach that a man can do?? Try a bit more real life approaches to dating?? Step up your game in terms of your looks, get in shape, try and dress as fashionable as you're budget allows. Seek out professionals for getting the best looking haircut that suits your face. Develop interpersonal skills, all this stuff is out there either online or in real life to be researched.

It's either work on oneself to be 'better' than the next guy or do nothing about it and complain. Not sure what else we can do, we can only point at something and exclaim how F'd up it is for so long, we have to stand back and find another route......

Old 06-07-2016, 04:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:

Oh, not the fat single mothers thing again.

By the way, for the billionth time I'll say it's not the "one physical flaw" that's keeping the women away. Not that any of you unbelievable successful charismatic fascinating award-winning studs with just ONE flaw will ever listen.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:49 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,345,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
So if we as men all agree that women have it better in OLD what is the next "problem" solving approach that a man can do?? Try a bit more real life approaches to dating?? Step up your game in terms of your looks, get in shape, try and dress as fashionable as you're budget allows. Seek out professionals for getting the best looking haircut that suits your face. Develop interpersonal skills, all this stuff is out there either online or in real life to be researched.

It's either work on oneself to be 'better' than the next guy or do nothing about it and complain. Not sure what else we can do, we can only point at something and exclaim how F'd up it is for so long, we have to stand back and find another route......
Good lord all talk but no action for these guys.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:

I agree that women can have it easier over men when it comes to dating. But, with something good there's a negative attached. A lot of women can go a while without getting approached by a good guy. Also they have to deal with a**holes just trying to **** them everyday. I'm glad I'm a man tbh because being a woman sounds tiresome lol.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:58 PM

50 posts, read 49,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
Please cut the crap with that seriously
No gender has it easier because if that was true.
Then why are there a lot of woman out there still single

That's because a lot of women seem to be very picky and they are likely holding out for "Prince Charming" who should be tall, have a full head of hair, have a good paying job and so on while they likely don't have much to offer themselves except for a fat body and multiple kids from a man nowhere to be found, so they need a reality check.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:08 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,345,913 times
Quote:
That's because a lot of women seem to be very picky and they are likely holding out for "Prince Charming" who should be tall, have a full head of hair, have a good paying job and so on while they likely don't have much to offer themselves except for a fat body and multiple kids from a man nowhere to be found, so they need a reality check.
What about the woman who are new to dating, their old prince charming dumped them, or even the woman who are looking for a man but no man has made the move yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships