Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 02:04 PM

478 posts, read 430,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
I know
Good-looking people whether they are men or women typically have an advantage in dating as well as life in general but if you really believe that your average woman doesn't have an advantage over your average man in the dating game then all I can say is that you are in denial or you know it but won't admit it.
I'm certainly not in denial that this is simply your opinion and not necessarily fact. Nor, does it reflect my opinion (and experiences). But, my life is not your life. We see and do thing differently, I suspect. Nothing wrong with that, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 02:06 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,488,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
"Bad date" stories stand the test of time and have been a conversation staple for generations... If you can laugh and move along and try again, you're probably pretty much all good. Whether you're a woman or a man.
Yes EXACTLY!!!!

I've got a hundred and one bad date experiences and a story to match but do I dwell on it? And use it as an excuse to fester? ....... NOOOOOOPE!!!

You're spot on here and most of the time it's a funny story to break the ice with a new date LOL

Old 05-28-2016, 02:10 PM

52,006 posts, read 52,457,444 times
My gut is saying that people are too busy looking for the next best thing, not paying attention to what's in front of them, couple that with too many potential choices, there's some psychological term for this and I can't remember what it is, but basically it's a form of analysis paralysis.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
Technology and dating sites. You have tons upon tons of men and women to choose from, so you look for the better looking/more experienced/more well off person while kind of talking to the current one.

I guess that's a longer way of saying hypergamy or whatever, but it's not inaccurate.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:14 PM

50 posts, read 49,246 times
So this whole women will only go for "gorgeous" men because we "think" we deserve it thing...

This pans out in real life, then? You have real life, realtime support for/evidence of this? When you go walking through town, all you see are "gorgeous" men with plain-looking women? Two by two they come, GORGEOUS men with plain Janes, in an unending wave of female over-expectation?

I actually see the exact opposite way more frequently than the other way around: a pretty woman with a squat, bald, non-exciting dude who "just had something about him" or "was just so smart, I couldn't resist" or "he makes me laugh" or whatever.

I mean come on now. Let's be at least semi-real here.

I'm not homosexual at all but I see a lot more 6'+ guys with a full head of hair with less than stellar-looking women especially overweight women than what you were referring to.

When I see many bald guys who look to be in their 20's and 30's, I notice that they are usually alone. Especially white bald guys.

Face it, women unless they are obese or very homely-looking have it made in today's society with sites like facebook around.

I'm not THAT bitter and I'm not blaming it all on everyone else but a lot of it does stem from other people because there seems to be so many feminists etc in today's society especially among white women which happens to be my preference.
It's like a lot of white women have been turned into white men thanks to the media teaching women that they don't need men as part of the feminist female "empowerment" movement etc.

It's very hard as a man to meet a single, decent-looking woman these days who doesn't already have a couple of kids from a deadbeat and/or who isn't very overweight. I liken it to trying to find a needle in a haystack.
As a physically fit, childless man, I don't believe I should have to settle for a woman with more than 1 kid or a woman who is more than 30 lbs overweight but unfortunately I may have to eventually because of the numbers game.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
So this whole women will only go for "gorgeous" men because we "think" we deserve it thing...

This pans out in real life, then? You have real life, realtime support for/evidence of this? When you go walking through town, all you see are "gorgeous" men with plain-looking women? Two by two they come, GORGEOUS men with plain Janes, in an unending wave of female over-expectation?

I actually see the exact opposite way more frequently than the other way around: a pretty woman with a squat, bald, non-exciting dude who "just had something about him" or "was just so smart, I couldn't resist" or "he makes me laugh" or whatever.

I mean come on now. Let's be at least semi-real here.

I'm not homosexual at all but I see a lot more 6'+ guys with a full head of hair with less than stellar-looking women especially overweight women than what you were referring to.

When I see many bald guys who look to be in their 20's and 30's, I notice that they are usually alone. Especially white bald guys.

Face it, women unless they are obese or very homely-looking have it made in today's society with sites like facebook around.

I'm not THAT bitter and I'm not blaming it all on everyone else but a lot of it does stem from other people because there seems to be so many feminists etc in today's society especially among white women which happens to be my preference.
It's like a lot of white women have been turned into white men thanks to the media teaching women that they don't need men as part of the feminist female "empowerment" movement etc.

It's very hard as a man to meet a single, decent-looking woman these days who doesn't already have a couple of kids from a deadbeat and/or who isn't very overweight. I liken it to trying to find a needle in a haystack.
As a physically fit, childless man, I don't believe I should have to settle for a woman with more than 1 kid or a woman who is more than 30 lbs overweight but unfortunately I may have to eventually because of the numbers game.

Mate you might want to press the quote button with the person who you are responding to

Old 05-28-2016, 02:23 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,342,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mate you might want to press the quote button with the person who you are responding to
LOL hahaa

Old 05-28-2016, 02:26 PM

50 posts, read 49,246 times

I've been trying to do that since I started responding to other posters but for some reason it's not working.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:

I've been trying to do that since I started responding to other posters but for some reason it's not working.
Okay mate...... I was worried you were trying to start a new trend ... LOL

Old 05-28-2016, 02:31 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:

So do you mind my asking where you live (approximately) that there are all these tall raven-haired gorgeous men wandering around with fat single mothers?

You said "around here," where is "here"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships