Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 02:04 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times

Advertisements

When you think you've heard the lamest dating excuse you hear someone blame their blond hair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 02:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I wouldn't know. I fell in love with and married a blond man. His hair darkened to light brown by his mid-twenties, but he was blond as blond can be when I met him as a college student. I thought he was extremely attractive. Still do.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:30 PM

50 posts, read 49,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
When you think you've heard the lamest dating excuse you hear someone blame their blond hair

Unless you're a blond guy and you've actually walked in my shoes then you can't say.

I find it foolish that some minorities claim that they are still being mistreated because they aren't white even in today's pc day and age but I don't walk in their shoes and I don't know what it's like to not be white.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:37 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
Unless you're a blond guy and you've actually walked in my shoes then you can't say.

I find it foolish that some minorities claim that they are still being mistreated because they aren't white even in today's pc day and age but I don't walk in their shoes and I don't know what it's like to not be white.
Ever heard of the saying "there's a lid for every pot." Everyone has something that someone else might find attractive.

I gotta say, blaming the blonde hair thing is pretty silly. Do a little soul searching and pull something else up, cause I can GUARANTEE you that your dating woes have little to nothing to do with being a blonde dude.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:41 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I have to be totally honest here, there's no way in heck it's the hair.

Do you give off a "don't come near me" vibe? Or something else that would put women off? Have you asked a close friend you can trust to tell you HONESTLY what s/he thinks the problem may be?

Old 05-28-2016, 02:58 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,456,644 times
Quote:
I happen to be a masculine-looking, blond guy of German and Ukrainian descent who is in good shape etc yet it seems like most women, even blonde women, won't give me a second look when I'm out while my 2 best friends who both have dark hair get approached a lot more by women though one is a bit overweight and I'm in better shape than both.

With the exception of Brad Pitt and a couple others, there also seems to be a bias against blond men in Hollywood where they are often cast as villains, spoiled rich guys and in other cases as being very effeminate or even gay.

So I guess my question is that why does it seem like most women are more sexually attracted to dark-haired guys especially if they're tall too when dark-haired guys are a dime a dozen imo.
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me and I've always wondered where that "tall, dark and handsome" phrase originated from,too.

If it sounds like I'm a bit bitter, I'll admit that I am a bit bitter/frustrated as I have a lot to offer as I have a good job, I'm in good shape, I've been told I have a good personality etc.

I'm hoping that some women can weigh in on the issue as to why you prefer dark-haired men over blond men if you do etc or even if there are some who are more sexually attracted to blond men which seems to be rare.
You're absolutely right! I have light hair ... My buddy (who has red hair and is a nice looking guy) and I were discussing this the other day. We've both agreed that when we were single, that the vast majority of time, females would go for the dark haired guy over us, no matter how out of shape or goofy looking/acting. It's quite noticeable and has nothing to do with 'maybe it's just you.' Most women do in fact go the safe route and aren't attracted to pale/pink/red faces.
A Chinese-American girl finally scooped me up ... You might want to look in that direction, OP.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:04 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,456,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Don't think it's that big a deal.

Women aren't attracted to most men. You aren't in that minority.

Chances are it's because you aren't confident/assertive enough rather than because of your hair colour.
Trust me, it's hair color/skin tone. Women are just as shallow as men, probably more so.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:12 PM

50 posts, read 49,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
You're absolutely right! I have light hair ... My buddy (who has red hair and is a nice looking guy) and I were discussing this the other day. We've both agreed that when we were single, that the vast majority of time, females would go for the dark haired guy over us, no matter how out of shape or goofy looking/acting. It's quite noticeable and has nothing to do with 'maybe it's just you.' Most women do in fact go the safe route and aren't attracted to pale/pink/red faces.
A Chinese-American girl finally scooped me up ... You might want to look in that direction, OP.

Some Asian women are attractive but I mainly prefer white women of European heritage because in addition to finding them more attractive on average, those are the women that I tend to have the most in common with in terms of interests etc.
I have hooked up with a couple non-white women in the past but we just didn't have much in common to progress further into a relationship. The sex was pretty good but that's basically there was and it didn't help that I don't speak Spanish as they were both Latinas who often preferred to speak Spanish.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:

If you come across in real life as you do here, it's not your hair color. I promise you.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
If you come across in real life as you do here, it's not your hair color. I promise you.
Co signed and double stamped!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships