Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 04:55 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
I have never been single before and I miss having a male companion. I'm not really interested in sex, but I am in the mood for really good conversation and maybe some casual flirting. I know that I am just feeling needy and I am not ready, but I just was curious how long was it after your separation until you starting spending time or talking to someone new?

If a guy approached me with and told me that he was in the same situation I was in, I admit, I would immediately be turned off. I am not all attracted to married men, nor should I be.

I'm getting to the point where I am actually looking forward to seeing my handsome...50 year old therapist...that I pay to talk to me. Smh. LOL...Lord help me.
Soon as you are free and single you are ready

Honestly I've no doubts you won't be short of male attention and yes the emotional side of things will take its toll on you ( of being in a long term relationship ) so just take it nice and easy until you meet one you feel you have a connection with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 04:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
The standard rule is after the divorce is finalized or longer.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:14 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The standard rule is after the divorce is finalized or longer.
In my case the divorce dragged out for two years because the ex dragged her feet. I did wait until it was finalized to include the longer. I'm ever so glad I did. Living like a monk wasn't half bad and gave me time for curing and self-reflection.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:17 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
The OP sounds like she needs to cool her jets here a little.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
In my case the divorce dragged out for two years because the ex dragged her feet. I did wait until it was finalized to include the longer. I'm ever so glad I did. Living like a monk wasn't half bad and gave me time for curing and self-reflection.
So you were actually split up for two years before you started dating again?

Is that due to religious reasons or to give both yourself and anyone you did meet a clean slate if you don't mind me asking? Cheers

But either way I do admire your self control and got yourself in a good position before you started dating again.... Very impressed infact ,

Old 05-30-2016, 06:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
So you were actually split up for two years before you started dating again?

Is that due to religious reasons or to give both yourself and anyone you did meet a clean slate if you don't mind me asking? Cheers

But either way I do admire your self control and got yourself in a good position before you started dating again.... Very impressed infact ,
Part religion and part, mainly, my own values and need for time, space and reflection. I was determined to not date for so long as I was legally married. I met that "goal," plus some.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Part religion and part, mainly, my own values and need for time, space and reflection. I was determined to not date for so long as I was legally married. I met that "goal," plus some.
That's great you can do that I'm well jealous

I'm much the opposite..... I'm used to flings/FWB/ons etc and even though it's no strings it still not without drama and I tell myself " I need a break " and enjoy myself but then I'll go out on a Saturday night and meet one LOL. Of course a lot of the time it's great and nothing bad comes out of it but it's the times it goes sour that doesn't make it worth while.

It's great overall in truth and I'd much rather it was this way than being unable to meet someone but back to what we were saying I really do respect that you had a plan and stuck to it

Old 05-30-2016, 06:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Let's see.

1) You're still married.
2) You're seeing a shrink.

How about, "Not right now"?

Old 05-30-2016, 06:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
...how long was it after your separation until you starting spending time or talking to someone new?
Would you believe me if I told you it was 5 years?

I had to suddenly work 2 dif jobs in order to support myself and my daughter, $6000 braces on top of everything else. Any "free time" I had was spent doing parental things. Soon enough my daughter was off to college.

After spending 20 years with the same person, 5 years figuring who you are, and what you need to have a successful relationship, goes by very fast.

When my daughter moved out I told her I would now be bringing home a string of strange men and drink all day. She said: "Finally! I'm glad you plan on having a life."

Old 05-30-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Would you believe me if I told you it was 5 years?

I had to suddenly work 2 dif jobs in order to support myself and my daughter, $6000 braces on top of everything else. Any "free time" I had was spent doing parental things. Soon enough my daughter was off to college.

After spending 20 years with the same person, 5 years figuring who you are, and what you need to have a successful relationship, goes by very fast.

When my daughter moved out I told her I would now be bringing home a string of strange men and drink all day. She said: "Finally! I'm glad you plan on having a life."
Hahaha love it!! LOL.

Live and breath your posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships