Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 06:05 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,290,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
Why is it, that on dating profiles, social media photos etc. People go and post photos of themselves, that are months or even years old? When we are in a day and age of technology that it takes a mere couple of seconds to snap a photo with any type of hand held phone? Is it really THAT hard to take a photo? What do you think of people who are too lazy to take a new photo of themselves etc.
I don't consider people that fail to update profile pictures nearly as lazy as an adult woman that does not go to school, does not have a job, lives with mommy and daddy, and expects any future boyfriend or spouse to pay for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 06:10 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Give me a slightly older photo of someone actually out and about, doing something over a selfie any day of the week.
This, selfies are a turn off

Old 06-01-2016, 07:16 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,914,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I don't consider people that fail to update profile pictures nearly as lazy as an adult woman that does not go to school, does not have a job, lives with mommy and daddy, and expects any future boyfriend or spouse to pay for everything.
Oooooooooooowwwnage!!!!

Old 06-01-2016, 08:11 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,352,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Because they want to look their best, and their "best" photo may have happened at some time in the past.

You'll never be able to trust online photos 100%. People aren't necessarily trying to be awful or anything, they just realize that "prettier" people will get more looks and respond more readily.

And in some cases, people see themselves as they "used to" be; hence, they think, "Wow, NONE of these (recent) photos truly capture me; I'll need to stick with that one from 2003."

Bottom line: it's people doing what they think they have to do in order to set up that date. These are not necessarily "bad" or overall deceitful people, but don't trust ANY online photo 100%. You may be surprised once you meet up.

Have you been looking for a job? Have you given any thought to everyone's previous input about how you need to bring something to the table? Right now none of this is about "the other guy." It's about you. Don't point fingers or find fault with the next person. Instead, work on having something to offer of your own, and then start thinking about dating. JMO.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
OLD seems important to a lot of people.... I said this in another thread. If it is important, actually have a photographer create an appropriate series of photos for use with profiles. I boggles my mind how people invest so much personal energy into OLD but will cheep out on a the one thing people notice first in a profile.
I do think having photos that capture your personality is important, or at least photos that "match" the vibe of the profile. I'm a photographer, so I was able to take and use fairly recent photos. And even my selfies were great. They fit the whole vibe of my profile. In one, I took a shot of myself at the store picking up a popular video game. My type appreciated it and would start conversations about it.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:33 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,490,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
Why is it, that on dating profiles, social media photos etc. People go and post photos of themselves, that are months or even years old? When we are in a day and age of technology that it takes a mere couple of seconds to snap a photo with any type of hand held phone? Is it really THAT hard to take a photo? What do you think of people who are too lazy to take a new photo of themselves etc.
It might be an important time or event for them or showing them doing something fun and spontaneous that they don't usually do in their normal day to day life who knows?.

It could be laziness or to be frank they probably don't feel the need to post every second of their life just to appease the likes of you!

Old 06-01-2016, 10:16 AM

23,165 posts, read 26,122,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It might be an important time or event for them or showing them doing something fun and spontaneous that they don't usually do in their normal day to day life who knows?.

It could be laziness or to be frank they probably don't feel the need to post every second of their life just to appease the likes of you!

Or the fact that you're always the one behind the camera.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Or the fact that you're always the one behind the camera.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:23 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,441,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Like playing air guitar in front of a kasbah in Morocco with the caption "Rockin' the Kasbah." Not something one does every day that both shows a fun side and highlights a love of travel. Which may also appeal to fans of The Clash.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:32 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Like playing air guitar in front of a kasbah in Morocco with the caption "Rockin' the Kasbah." Not something one does every day that both shows a fun side and highlights a love of travel. Which may also appeal to fans of The Clash.
And it is good to weed those out, same goes for Coors drinkers.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Or on Mount Kilimanjaro..... Which might appeal to the super duper fit, adventurous types that like hiking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships