Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 07:32 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

I have seen profiles of men where they say that their photos are really bad and they look much better IRL and I have gone out with a couple of those and they were right. You can just say that right up front on your profile and it may encourage someone to take a chance on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I have seen profiles of men where they say that their photos are really bad and they look much better IRL and I have gone out with a couple of those and they were right. You can just say that right up front on your profile and it may encourage someone to take a chance on you.
The two I've met from OLD were both better looking IRL than in their profile pictures. Neither was bad looking in their pictures, but I was pleasantly surprised when we met.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:18 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
My biggest problem is my smile looks frozen and unnatural in posed pictures - well, that and I have squinty eyes. I had the passport photo taker at Walgreens say something I knew would make me smile naturally (I told her what to say) and was pleased with the results.

When taking home pics use the multi-frame shooting mode. You'll get like three pics of every shot but usually one will look relaxed and normal.

I am not photogenic. A lot of people have told me that, I agree.

Just take TONS of photos (we have digital cameras for a reason!!) and you will end with a few good ones. Most camera's have automatic timers, you can take them at home (make them look casual!!).

I'm pretty handy at photoshop but would not do that for on line dating, unless it was to clear up a pimple or something.

It's better this way as when a guy sees you in person he will be pleasantly surprised.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
The two I've met from OLD were both better looking IRL than in their profile pictures. Neither was bad looking in their pictures, but I was pleasantly surprised when we met.
Lots of women I've met are too. That's far better than the alternative!

Old 06-06-2016, 04:30 PM

828 posts, read 692,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
You mean of my bum?
Yes. I would have said "general shape from behind", but since you put it so bluntly, yes your bum.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:41 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I would never take a professional photo for a dating website.
yeah that. i wouldn't either. whenever someone suggests that, i always think NOOOO don't do that!!!

Old 06-06-2016, 05:47 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
Yes. I would have said "general shape from behind", but since you put it so bluntly, yes your bum.
seriously?

Old 06-06-2016, 06:21 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Good looks are not as common as we think. Most people fall into the average category. And that conflicts with out self image, because we think of ourselves as more attractive than we actually are. If you're average, be happy. I've seen some women who have a face that could sink a thousand ships. Thank God, if you're not one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships