Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:06 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Why is it always the guy's 'fault' if his significant other does things that doesn't particularly appeal to him?

So what if a guy told his wife, honey, I'm thinning on top, what do you think about implants. And the wife tells him, eww, please don't do it. And he still goes ahead and spends thousands of dollars to get plugs on his scalp that make it look like a Chucky doll scalp. I mean, we're talking about it being ridiculous looking and even more so out in public. I'd be hella embarrassed to be out in public with someone like that.

Is the wife in that case being unfair or overly dramatic?

If I had a wife, I wouldn't do things that I think would make her feel uncomfortable, getting a nose ring, various mutilations to become like a circus freak, tattoos all over my body and face. You know, a thing called empathy and being cognizant of your partner and what they feel comfortable with. At what point is it too much, for those that disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 09:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's not as if she were wallowing naked on the pool table down at the Elk's Lodge.
LOL

Husbands don't like that?

Old 06-07-2016, 09:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why is it always the guy's 'fault' if his significant other does things that doesn't particularly appeal to him?

So what if a guy told his wife, honey, I'm thinning on top, what do you think about implants. And the wife tells him, eww, please don't do it. And he still goes ahead and spends thousands of dollars to get plugs on his scalp that make it look like a Chucky doll scalp. I mean, we're talking about it being ridiculous looking and even more so out in public. I'd be hella embarrassed to be out in public with someone like that.

Is the wife in that case being unfair or overly dramatic?

If I had a wife, I wouldn't do things that I think would make her feel uncomfortable, getting a nose ring, various mutilations to become like a circus freak, tattoos all over my body and face. You know, a thing called empathy and being cognizant of your partner and what they feel comfortable with. At what point is it too much, for those that disagree.
Here is the fallacy in your post.

A woman's haircut is, what, $100?

Hair transplants are thousands of bucks.

As far as tattoos, et al, those are permanent. I think a spouse has a right to weigh in on that.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:19 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
The wife was outa shape.
She should not have gotten her hair cut that short (crewcut?!) until they both agreed on it. Or agreed on something.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:20 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
The OP made me laugh. When my husband ask me for a divorce, I went to the salon and had my hair cut into a cute short do.

Maybe she's gearing up for something...

Old 06-07-2016, 09:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
All you can do is give your opinion.

If she hears that it's bad, it'll all grow back. Not a big deal.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:23 PM

6 posts, read 25,783 times
I see what you are all saying but would you be saying the same if, say, a guy asked his wife what she thought about him getting like a Mohawk and when she said she wouldn't like it he got one anyway and she got upset over it?

Old 06-07-2016, 09:27 PM

458 posts, read 329,032 times
Well...I have been your wife. My husband and most men that I know love long hair. To them, it makes a woman more attractive. I have cut mine all off and I have grown mine pretty long. My husband has made it very clear that he thinks I'm more attractive with it long. He even treated me differently when it was short (not meaning too). Women know men are visual...so I guess...if she really cared about your opinion, she would've kept it long. No offense.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowzer28 View Post
I see what you are all saying but would you be saying the same if, say, a guy asked his wife what she thought about him getting like a Mohawk and when she said she wouldn't like it he got one anyway and she got upset over it?
Yes.

It's not the most considerate decision a spouse can make, but in the end it is their decision to make.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:32 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowzer28 View Post

BIngo, correct answer ! If it were just a shorter cut, that is one thing. Women are always experimenting and changing their look. BUT, a CREWCUT is pretty drastic and I too would be upset and have to tell her she looked like crap. I think it was inconsiderate of her and a slap in the face, personally.

When you are in a relationship, especially married, you are part of a couple now, and you have a responsibility to make the other person have pride in being with you. It would be like me suddenly growing a mullet and letting my beard grow out like ZZ Top. You can bet I would hear from the other half about my choices.

If she wants to look butch, that is her business, if she is single, but not if she has someone else in her immediate life who has to be seen in public with her.

Ok, let the bashing begin, but I stand by my opinion.

PS, , maybe you should come home with this new look and see how she likes it !

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships