Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 11:14 AM

171 posts, read 157,104 times

Advertisements

I have always been chiefly attracted to girls, and that's pretty much the only sex I cared about throughout most of school.
However, when I was around 18-20 (about 10-12 years ago) I started to feel a certain special attraction for some men as well.
BUT - it has to be one very specific type of men.
The man has to be a great deal taller than I am, preferably somewhere around 8 inches or so (I am 6'0 myself though, so that doesn't happen too often) and he has to be both visibly and technically much stronger than myself, because I love feeling tiny and delicate around a much larger and more powerful man.
And he also has to have a good balance between kindness and strictness - definitely not a pushover, but at the same time a warm and romantic personality.
For some reason I have always felt extremely drawn to men with these qualities - but of course, finding a man with all of these specific traits is really hard, but I know that when I do meet a man like this and actually have a sexual interaction with him for the first time in my life, it will be extremely pleasant.

This is the ONLY type of men that I am actually attracted to, and like I said, I have had these kinds of feelings for men like this for roughly a decade - is this enough to count as typically "bisexual", or is it just some "bicurious" thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 11:26 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
<strokes chin>hmmm... vary interesing ja, und vat do you sink Mr.Markus? Could ziss haf somethink to do viss your childhood, hmmm? Serously, wth? Why are you asking? Just don't get married or shack up or otherwise set some woman up to think you are going to be there for her forever. Your Adonis may actually lock eyes with you across the free weights section of L.A. Fitness and you clearly have never experienced the wisdom that "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Be careful out there...

Old 06-08-2016, 11:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Sexuality is fluid. You might try an encounter you are sure will be so pleasant, hate it, and decide never to do it again. You may not even have any such desires afterward. Do you really need to label yourself?

Old 06-08-2016, 11:32 AM

171 posts, read 157,104 times
I don't feel that I have to label myself, but I feel it's a bit interesting, since it occurred to me quite recently that this might actually count as bisexuality, and I haven't really thought of myself as bisexual before.

I am pretty sure that I would enjoy an experience like this though, because I tend to feel a massive excitement when I stand close to a guy who is a lot taller and more muscular than I am.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:42 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus86 View Post
... it occurred to me quite recently that this might actually count as bisexuality, and I haven't really thought of myself as bisexual before.

I am pretty sure that I would enjoy an experience like this though, because I tend to feel a massive excitement when I stand close to a guy who is a lot taller and more muscular than I am.
IMO, I think this 'counts' in points towards bisexuality as well...who's keeping track of the points though, and what will you do with the results? Is it going to change any of the ways you live your life or present yourself? This meeting you envision is a positive experience and you feel a "massive excitement", I'm assuming you mean in the sexual sense?

I have a couple of very attractive friends. I find myself attracted to attractive women. I don't feel a sexual attraction to them though, I never picture a physical relationship with them, that doesn't appeal to me. I just like being around them, like one would be attracted to pretty things. My experience is different from yours though, I wouldn't even consider myself bisexual, because it isn't sexual.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:37 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sexuality is fluid. You might try an encounter you are sure will be so pleasant, hate it, and decide never to do it again. You may not even have any such desires afterward. Do you really need to label yourself?
^This

Call it whatever you like. I've had a few male friends who call themselves bisexual - but they are only attracted to the other gender sexually, not romantically, and only with a narrow set of criteria. They won't do certain sexual things with one but they will with the other gender.

Hook up with a man you attracted to and see how it goes. You are a person, not a sexuality really.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:40 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,550 times
How could anyone else say what you can consider yourself?

Old 06-09-2016, 07:47 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
you made me laugh OP I don't think anything matters as far as you are happy and healthy!

Old 06-09-2016, 08:43 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Too many labels!

If you are attracted to a guy, go for it, and don't worry about tagging yourself. Have fun and be safe.

I believe that the next generation will be far less stringent about binary sexuality boundaries.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:08 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,614 times
You can consider yourself whatever you like! Who's going to challenge you on it? Live your life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships