Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 08:37 AM

20,703 posts, read 19,863,087 times

Advertisements

Just the whole thought of taking a water bottle with booze to the movies and drinking it ALONE is weird.

She could have said "hey, I brought us some booze if we wanna spice up our movie theater experience" and if you decline, she should have put it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 08:39 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,813,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Just the whole thought of taking a water bottle with booze to the movies and drinking it ALONE is weird.

She could have said "hey, I brought us some booze if we wanna spice up our movie theater experience" and if you decline, she should have put it away.
Yeah, but apparently calling things like that weird (or smoking water weird) is not looked upon nicely around here.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:44 AM

51,965 posts, read 52,413,583 times
Quote:

That's what I was thinking, she just causally whips out a bottle of hooch. Doesn't make a joke or giggle and say something like you said, let's spice up the movie or whatever, it was just the casual way she went about it, like it's perfectly normal to not say you have a water bottle with vodka instead. Seems bizarre as hell to me.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, but apparently calling things like that weird (or smoking water weird) is not looked upon nicely around here.
There is a big difference.

Vaping is popular at the moment and I take it over cigarette smell any day.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:56 AM

15,050 posts, read 10,028,625 times
Quote:
There is a big difference.

Vaping is popular at the moment and I take it over cigarette smell any day.
You can be addicted to cigarettes or vaping (pretty much anything). I think the GF is addicted to alcohol. Only the OP can decide if it is something he can live with. What the rest of us think is irrelevant. I'm still wondering about date #1 and #2.... a pattern of behavior.

There are people are won't date a person who smokes either. My wife is one of those people; father was a heavy smoker and it eventually ended his life prematurely. She actually objected to my casual cigar smoke but accepted it once she realized I only smoke 1 (maybe 2) a month. The smell of cigarette smoke makes her feel physically sick... fortunately for us, I'm not a cigarette smoker.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:02 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,347,209 times
Abort.

Functioning alcoholic, or on the verge, I would not be comfortable or interested in dating such a person.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You can be addicted to cigarettes or vaping (pretty much anything). .
yeah, sure. I don't like vaping. I rather kiss a smoker who smells like cigarette than a vapor guy because his breath smells grosser due to the fact you can't really identify the smell. And I don't like the arrogance of vapors vaping inside buildings, claiming it is JUST VAPOR. BUt it is what it is.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:23 AM

15,050 posts, read 10,028,625 times
Quote:
And I don't like the arrogance of vapors vaping inside buildings, claiming it is JUST VAPOR. BUt it is what it is.
I agree with this. Especially when my children are in vicinity of those vapors.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:25 AM

8,240 posts, read 8,582,568 times
I doubt the bottle was full of vodka and she had A drink on another date. I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:27 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,260,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
An entire water bottle of vodka over the course of a single movie? That's a lot in 1-2.5 hours. Dang... I don't think I could walk straight after that much.

She is a functioning alcoholic.. that's pretty obvious.
How does the OP know it was straight vodka and not diluted? I'd say no way to drink, what - 16 oz. of vodka and not show it!

Regardless, clear red flag that she can't get through a movie without a drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships