Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:08 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post

I doubt they have anything in common unless he's emotionally stunted, sure it could work but there's a higher change it could crash and burn
Wow, you're quite the expert, aren't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 07:14 AM

741 posts, read 478,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Wow, you're quite the expert, aren't you?
I totally am

Old 06-13-2016, 07:34 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,518 times
So if I say don't do it would you stop and kick her out of the house ?

Old 06-13-2016, 07:34 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Lol I'm not jealous of someone dating an old man sorry.

I doubt they have anything in common unless he's emotionally stunted, sure it could work but there's a higher change it could crash and burn
How many relationships crash and burn with people dating people their own age? Just read this forum a bit.

The type of situation the OP presented is just as any other, purely unique to the situation. People will judge accordingly though.

In the end, it's no one else's business but the two people involved.

I'm mid thirties and will continue to pursue younger women in their mid twenties as this group is not tainted with multiple children from divorced spouses with trust issues. If people don't like it, that's their problem.

Older men have a bit of an advantage over many younger men who are struggling financially generally.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:48 AM

741 posts, read 478,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
How many relationships crash and burn with people dating people their own age? Just read this forum a bit.

The type of situation the OP presented is just as any other, purely unique to the situation. People will judge accordingly though.

In the end, it's no one else's business but the two people involved.

I'm mid thirties and will continue to pursue younger women in their mid twenties as this group is not tainted with multiple children from divorced spouses with trust issues. If people don't like it, that's their problem.

Older men have a bit of an advantage over many younger men who are struggling financially generally.
I'm 25 I have dated up to 35 maybe. I see way more lasting couples who are close to the same age than 20 years apart. Unless you just want hottie eye candy which is cool I guess but guys my age look way better than 40 year olds

Old 06-13-2016, 08:46 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMen1 View Post
Hi everyone. Here is my situation. I am a 40 year old man who has never been married and has no children (at least I hope I don't) and have been in many relationships over the years and I have never really wanted to settle down until now. I met this beautiful 24 year old woman at the gym 5 months ago and we hit it off really well and recently moved in together so it is getting serious. The problem in my mind is that I sometimes feel like I should not be with her due to the age difference. She has told me she does not care about that and stated that the fact I have no children makes it easier for her since I do not have that baggage. I have yet to meet her parents but I am really afraid how they will interact with me considering I am only 6 years younger (they are both 46). She tells me not to worry but it really messes with my mind. Do you guys think I should continue this relationship despite the age difference?

I met my husband when I was 26 and he was 46. We were married 26 years and had two sons. The problem with the age difference comes in 20 years when you are 60 and she is only 44 especially if you become ill. That being said you two met five months ago and have already moved in together? Seem you are moving way too fast in my opinion.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:51 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguisman View Post
I'll be 47 in October and my girl just turned 25. We have been going strong for 2 years. Don't listen to anything but your heart and live your life.

Get back with us in 20 years when you're a senior citizen and she is 45. Been there done that - wouldn't do it again.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
No one ever believes they are going to get old, do they?

Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
OP: age has nothing to do with how much people love each other; and/or how perfect they are for each other. The only problem is you having difficulty with it.

Many couples have/had wonderful and successful relationships/marriages and their ages had nothing to do with it.

George C. Scott and Trish Van Devere: he was 16 years older than her

Bogey and Bacall: he was 25 years older than her

Being with the one you love is more important than what year you were born.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Get back with us in 20 years when you're a senior citizen and she is 45. Been there done that - wouldn't do it again.
Hmm- I'm 43 and he's 62- haven't seen any issues with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships