Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 12:36 PM

741 posts, read 478,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
You've already been told that answer tons of times. You're simply not getting it. You say you get it, then revert back to the thinking that shows you don't exactly get it.

I guess your reality's going to be like an addict... You're going to have to hit rock bottom. And you're nowhere near that yet.
My therapist actually said dating is like an addiction for me to the point that she made to create a safety plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 12:38 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
... to the point that she made to create a safety plan
What?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:40 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times
Quote:
Ok so fully not dating? what do I do when I'm super sad though? Which will likely be every single day
Do you have any hobbies? (Besides dating) Especially any that will have you interacting with other people? What are you passionate about (besides marrying a man whose job may take him away from you for long periods of time)?

Try this exercise: as hard as it is, find three good things about EVERY day and write them down. It may take time but it really does make a difference to focus on the positive.

So let me ask you this: if you are having such a hard time now, how are you going to handle it if you are dating/married to a military man and he's deployed to somewhere where you have very little to no contact with him for weeks or even months on end? Quite frankly, I don't think you have a full grasp of what being involved with someone in the military is going to be like.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
What?
Most of the time you create a safety plan with clients who self harm or addicts or suicidal tendencies and basically it is a list of coping skills to try before cutting or using, who you can call in your support system and then emergency numbers

Old 06-14-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Most of the time you create a safety plan with clients who self harm or addicts or suicidal tendencies and basically it is a list of coping skills to try before cutting or using, who you can call in your support system and then emergency numbers
So you see the seriousness of this then? How your therapist views your problem?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Do you have any hobbies? (Besides dating) Especially any that will have you interacting with other people? What are you passionate about (besides marrying a man whose job may take him away from you for long periods of time)?

Try this exercise: as hard as it is, find three good things about EVERY day and write them down. It may take time but it really does make a difference to focus on the positive.

So let me ask you this: if you are having such a hard time now, how are you going to handle it if you are dating/married to a military man and he's deployed to somewhere where you have very little to no contact with him for weeks or even months on end? Quite frankly, I don't think you have a full grasp of what being involved with someone in the military is going to be like.
A GRATITUDE JOURNAL! That's smart.
I mean I love music and singing but I'm not super good and I'm embarrassed and so yeah, I like to play the sims which is loserish lol and won't meet guys, I watch sports but I only started doing that to meet guys, I like wine and cooking kind of.

I feel like if I'm committed to them and vice versa it's ok like with this guy I am worried because I know he can't commit to me the first meeting and he's away for 2 years (not deployed) I need full commitment to know you won't just leave me or find someone new I don't trust anyone

Old 06-14-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So you see the seriousness of this then? How your therapist views your problem?
Yeah I mean she doesn't think I'm suicidal because I'm not she just wants me to get out of the habit of trying to text men and go out to feel good

Old 06-14-2016, 12:48 PM

61,632 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Quote:
Oh, gosh... you have some serious issues. Maybe you should start to focus on yourself first?
Why introduce all your problems to the military buy, who has enough stress on his own? You want to mess up his life?
You should stop thinking about dating till you get better. Seriously.

Are you cutting or using? do you have a support group? You need help!

Old 06-14-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah I mean she doesn't think I'm suicidal because I'm not she just wants me to get out of the habit of trying to text men and go out to feel good
And you just blow off that advice you are paying for?

Old 06-14-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Oh, gosh... you have some serious issues. Maybe you should start to focus on yourself first?
Why introduce all your problems to the military buy, who has enough stress on his own? You want to mess up his life?
You should stop thinking about dating till you get better. Seriously.

Are you cutting or using? do you have a support group? You need help!
No I don't do any of that. She does it to help me create coping skills
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships