Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 06:37 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times

Advertisements

I'm more like Dissenter. I would say I am more of a beta male. Though I'm not truly submissive. In a relationship I would not want either one to be dominate; we should be equal. Perhaps one dominates in some areas and the other dominates in others, but ultimately it should be an equal partnership where we talk things through and come to mutual agreements.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:09 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Dominant women never picks a submissive male, it's the nature of male and female roles.

Negative, Captain.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:35 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What's crazy today is that so many women that are also dominant pick alpha males for mates. Alpha males typically pick submissive partners even friends to be with.

Dominant women never picks a submissive male, it's the nature of male and female roles.
You've never heard of the hen-pecked husband?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:46 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
You've never heard of the hen-pecked husband?
Yep. And it seems to be very popular on tv these days with wussy men being married to dominant and /or controlling wives.

Carrie x Doug
Debra x Ray
Monica x Chandler
Rachel x Ross
Lilith x Frasier
Darlene x David
Roseanne x Dan -the latter isn't a wuss. But Roseanne's got him pretty whipped.
lol

A very popular tropes on television. And I am sure it happens in real life as well where the woman is more dominant and the man is more submissive.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:50 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
No I want a confident man that meets me halfway in the relationship. But when we disagree, I have tie breaking authority...
Lots of relationships like this one in the junkyard.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:53 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
A very popular tropes on television. And I am sure it happens in real life as well where the woman is more dominant and the man is more submissive.
In the vast majority of couples that I've met in real life where the woman is dominant and the man is submissive, the man could hardly be described as "wussy".

Old 06-17-2016, 09:01 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
In the vast majority of couples that I've met in real life where the woman is dominant and the man is submissive, the man could hardly be described as "wussy".
With the "wuss" mention, I as strictly talking about the trope of television.
But not all across the board.

So no. I don't think all dominant women only go for top dog men. More submissive men may be with dominant women as well.

Someone mentioned most of what they see balances out. A more forward and leader type of person will be with someone who is more submissive, or shy. Seems like a good balance.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
With the "wuss" mention, I as strictly talking about the trope of television.
But not all across the board.
Gotcha. No, I didn't think that you were generalizing, but considering the generalizations and stereotypes that have been popping up on this thread and elsewhere, I just wanted to make mention of what actually does happen in real life.

Quote:
So no. I don't think all dominant women only go for top dog men. More submissive men may be with dominant women as well.
And, dominant women can be with equally dominant women, dominant men can be with submissive men, etc., etc.

The permutations are numerous.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:

Someone mentioned most of what they see balances out. A more forward and leader type of person will be with someone who is more submissive, or shy. Seems like a good balance.
Again, I'm not trying to correct you personally here at all. Your comment just brought up something that I wanted to mention.

"Submissive" is by no means necessarily synonymous with meek, mousy, doormat, or yes, wussy.

Also, someone being more forward, or more of an extrovert, does not mean that they would be in a "dominant role". By the same token, shyness is not a universal trait of a submissive person. Just from my own personal experience, one would be hard-pressed to determine who was the leader in a relationship solely by looking at where they are on the introversion/extroversion spectrum.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:41 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Very important for you.

My partner has a very high degree of respect for me. We wouldn't be together otherwise.

That we have chosen to have a relationship dynamic where he has final authority doesn't mean, by any stretch, that I don't have a voice that is respected.

And, yes, he absolutely respects my boundaries- which is why I have trusted him enough to be in such a dynamic with him.

What works for you won't necessarily work for everyone else. I'm sure you know that already.

When we have a problem we speak about it. I give my input, and if I think he is wrong, I will most certainly say so. And, you know what, it has not happened that I have felt that his final decision on big things has been "stupid".

We're not suffering. Thanks for your concern though.

I guess I missed the memo where you were named the ultimate arbiter of all things relationship.
I said on my earlier post on this thread:

Women are very different in their characters and some women wants to be leaded. And then some women don't. Most important thing to learn from other gender is to get to know her or him as individual. Men are not all same, women are not all same.

This means I speak from my view of point and set my rules and introduce them and you are very fine to introduce yours. I don't care how submissive you want to be, that is your life. Crawl and serve as much as you want. Let him dominate, master and lead you, believe what you want. You choose for you, I choose for me. You don't have to like mine and I certainly don't have to like yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships