Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 08:44 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I know. I was just having some fun at Cowboy's expense. I hope he can find it in his great britanic heart to forgive and forget.
lol well duh! lmao

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 10:28 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
What do you guys think?
Should anyone ever expect sex on the first date?
only if this isn't a person you really want to see again....if that makes sense.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:29 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm sorta confused, one minute it's women who put out quickly is good, then the next minute they aren't, then the narrative changes, then the *****/Madonna thing is flipping faster than I care to recall or remember???

Let me know when it's ok for adults to just do what adults figure out whatever fits their needs.

I'll weigh in then.....
No, it's good. Forget everything else you've read here. It's fine. :-)

Old 07-09-2016, 11:48 PM

220 posts, read 174,579 times
Maybe people my age (22) are a little bit different than older generations.

For me and most of my friends the question isn't how many dates should we go on before having sex. It's how many times do we have sex until we are dating.

Maybe that's just a college mindset.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:29 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
You should never expect it or anything to happen really.

It can be achieved. I think I could have done it a couple years ago with a girl. It wasn't exactly our first date, it was just the first time we hung out in a non public place though. Her interest level was fortunately very high and this did not turn her off, outside of that night. It was forgotten about the next day.

I spent 3 maybe 4 hours talking to her about hockey, which I'm very passionate about and have been since a little kid, and it's the only sport I follow. It was even the offseason at the time, but I wound up going on and on about it for hours. She was pretty interested for the first 3.5 hour too, but became annoyed by the last half hour. Then she politely made up some excuse to get me to go home. All the while I was talking non stop about it, she was dropping me hints to get physical with her and I wasted hours talking about something she didn't care about at all. I did eventually hook up with her the next time I saw her.

I did have sex on the first "non public" date with my fiancé. It was almost ruined by my mom's boyfriend, who is always drunk and walked in about 5 minutes before and I was paranoid he would come in again. He actually did come in about another 5-10 minutes after we finished. I doubt he knew what had happened though. I had to stay at my mom's house while visiting and slept in my brother's (who was not living there then) room. After that happened, I pretty much threw some money together and got a hotel room for the rest of my stay. She kept telling me over and over that she had never had sex with anyone else in her past that quickly after starting to see them. Like she didn't want me to think she was really easy or something. I assured her that I didn't care.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:13 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
only if this isn't a person you really want to see again....if that makes sense.
Don't some people have sex on the first date then end up gettin married is that not the norm?

Old 07-10-2016, 11:18 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Don't some people have sex on the first date then end up gettin married is that not the norm?
Some people do, sure.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:12 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Expect?
Only if you agreed on the price beforehand.
This. It would be an odd expectation to have, otherwise. And yet, some men do. I've never known a woman who did.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Yes, but they (maybe one of them, but not both of them) didn't go into that date expecting sex, which is what your OP question was.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I admit, I sometimes expect to have sex on the first date. But expecting it and getting it are two different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships