Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,987,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
I know lol. Yeah, he did shout that. Incredibly immature of him. I don't really give a crap about our mutual friends. I care about having to have this awkward conversation with my mother if it gets around to her, and I believe it will.
Do you honestly think that what you do is really that important to others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 09:45 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,641,622 times
Oh. You're embarrassed by what you did? Maybe you should stop doing things that make you feel ashamed.

Face your mother like a grown man.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:47 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,836,318 times
Quote:
I know lol. Yeah, he did shout that. Incredibly immature of him. I don't really give a crap about our mutual friends. I care about having to have this awkward conversation with my mother if it gets around to her, and I believe it will.
Just laugh it off. Tell her: "Mom, when a man really likes a woman..."
In fact, now you and your new girlfriend have your first funny memory: "Remember that time that idiot yelled: "Oh my God!" at us?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,706,569 times
Quote:
I know lol. Yeah, he did shout that. Incredibly immature of him.
No, it's not. It just an exclamation that people blurt out when they are surprised, as many people would be if they walked up on two people who were lying down and feeling each other up on a hiking trail.

Let's not start insulting the guy who did nothing wrong here. We don't even know if he's going to say anything. You are the one who is afraid of your mom finding out. That's not exactly the definition of "mature."

Is this the girl who went to prom with you? If so, I know you are fairly new to this kind of thing and need to understand that if you're going to date, you need to be able to deal in an honest way with the various issues that may come up.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No kissing?? Your title says "making out."

Doesn't matter. Just a technicality. It's really disturbing to walk up on people lying down in public like that...Knock off the lying down.
Funny how people look at things so differently. I didn't check his posting history or know why "prom' is being referred to any post....I guess I was picturing the many people I see laying down together at a park or beach or the outdoor movie I recently went to. Some sitting, some standing, some in chairs a few laying down. I just never had an urge to shout or scold them.

Didn't even try to see if I knew them or their mother.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:18 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,221,111 times
If he does tell everyone then you shrug it off and say you got a bit carried away! It's not the end of the world. I take it you're really young. Believe me, life will have a lot more than this little hurdle coming your way, so you better grow a thick skin really quick and worry less about what people think of you.

P.s. People will always have something to say whether you're doing right or wrong!

Old 06-13-2016, 10:21 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,706,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Funny how people look at things so differently.....I guess I was picturing the many people I see laying down together at a park or beach or the outdoor movie I recently went to. Some sitting, some standing, some in chairs a few laying down. I just never had an urge to shout or scold them.

Didn't even try to see if I knew them or their mother.
That's nice.

However, "multiple visitors casually lazing around an open lawn or beach" is a completely different scenario from "two people rubbing up under each others' shirts while lying down on a secluded hiking trail."

One is expected and acceptable; the other is not.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:24 PM

820 posts, read 965,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
If he does tell everyone then you shrug it off and say you got a bit carried away! It's not the end of the world. I take it you're really young. Believe me, life will have a lot more than this little hurdle coming your way, so you better grow a thick skin really quick and worry less about what people think of you.

P.s. People will always have something to say whether you're doing right or wrong!
You are right. I honestly never thought of it that way! Yes, we are young and this is the first girl I'm dating in my life, so that really is the truth.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's nice.

However, "multiple visitors casually lazing around an open lawn or beach" is a completely different scenario from "two people rubbing up under each others' shirts while lying down on a secluded hiking trail."

One is expected and acceptable; the other is not.
Acceptable by whom? Scenic overlook, outdoor movie or park...not a huge difference in scenario, IMO.
Just saying we all see things differently. Not really my place to judge. As long as you do understand that this is your opinion of what is "not acceptable".

I also get the feeling that you don't like this poster, so that always makes a difference in how charitable or helpful one is.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:40 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,332,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Did he really shout: "Oh my God!" as if he had stumbled across a horrific crime scene?
I'm sorry I find this humorous.
And after dating a whole week, she's now his girlfriend. They cop a feel on each other under their shirts, but no kissing. Huh? Acquaintance just happens to come across this in a remote area that has minimal traffic and shouts, 'oh my god!' And then they discuss work? Humorous indeed, with a big side of awkward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships