Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I also get the feeling that you don't like this poster, so that always makes a difference in how charitable or helpful one is.

Now who's judging?

I get the feeling that you're being deliberately obtuse in order to appear "charitable and helpful." Or maybe we're both wrong.

It's not a matter of "overlook vs. outdoor movie." The OP, who I have kindly helped before in other threads, thank you, clearly knows he was doing something risky, since he used phrases like "caught me," "shirts halfway off at this point, and "hiking trail in the woods where nobody really goes."

Let's not pretend this is exactly the same as a family flying kites near the reflecting pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 10:45 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
It's your first girlfriend.

It's been a "whole serious week".

It wasn't at work, you are doing what people discovering each other do. It's a FORMER co-worker.

Who cares?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:46 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
You are right. I honestly never thought of it that way! Yes, we are young and this is the first girl I'm dating in my life, so that really is the truth.
Oh I wish you would have mentioned this in the first post. In that case - if your mom (or anyone else for that matter) asks about this incident, it is within your rights to simply state, 'I don't wish to discuss my private relationship with anyone besides my girlfriend,' and leave it at that. It is tacky for people to pry about such things and if the person who is asking continues, let them know they are crossing your boundaries into an area you won't let them enter.

There is no need to fret over what people will say - we have no control over that, and tongues have a tendency to wag whether we give them a reason to or not. The less time you spend worrying about what other people say about you when you're not around, the longer and more bearable your life will be.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:53 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
You are right. I honestly never thought of it that way! Yes, we are young and this is the first girl I'm dating in my life, so that really is the truth.
If your mother has anything to say, simply remind her that you are a product of her fornication, and that had to have started somewhere. Also, as an adult, it's really none of her business.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:34 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Quote:
I know lol. Yeah, he did shout that. Incredibly immature of him. I don't really give a crap about our mutual friends. I care about having to have this awkward conversation with my mother if it gets around to her, and I believe it will.
Immature of him to say OMG, but not for you to be worried what your mommy will say if she finds out you were making out with a girl in the park?

hahahahah

Old 06-14-2016, 06:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
If your mother has anything to say, simply remind her that you are a product of her fornication, and that had to have started somewhere.
ROFL

I'm sure Mom will want to hear THAT.

OP is a sweet guy who was really careful about approaching this friend romantically, and now it looks like it has worked out for him. Like all of us, he will learn some things the easy way and some things the hard way.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:44 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
"Seriously dating" and "one week" should never be used in the same sentence by someone worried about a friend tattling to his mother after being caught petting in a public place.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:44 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
I have been seriously dating this girl since last week. We were good friends before we started dating, and we are doing great and almost official. Today, we went to a local park for a hike and took a break at a very nice overlook. We laid down in each other's arms and eventually started putting our hands up each other's shirts. I was not touching her breasts at all, but I had my hand almost at her bra, and she was massaging my upper stomach. When we were still feeling each other up (our shirts were halfway off at this point) I heard a guy's voice shouting "Oh my God!" I quickly scrambled to get up, and to my horror it was somebody that I used to work with at my job and his friend, who I also used to work with. He also had a girl with him. Our initial interaction consisted of mostly stammering and nervous laughing, and the girl he was with could not have looked more uncomfortable. We started chatting awkwardly about his new job and stuff and I just asked how his summer was going, but the 3 of them seemed so freaked out that they "had to go." This guy and I aren't friends, but we have a ton of mutual friends, and our moms talk to each other quite a bit. I am thinking now that this guy will tell all of our mutual friends and his mother what my girlfriend and I were doing, and his friends will all be laughing and ripping me apart, and my mother will be confronting me and questioning me. Do you think that I have a rational concern here, or do you not think that this guy will start telling everybody what he caught us doing? When we worked together, I was single the whole time and he never saw me talk to a girl, so I feel like it's so unusual for him that he will have to preach it to everyone. Additionally, if you were the guy that caught us, what would you think and what would you do?
Absolutely he is going to tell. He already called me and told me this story. In fact, I was just going to start a thread about it here on C-D Relationships, but you beat me to it.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:52 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
So if you saw someone you knew lying down like that, you would go and tell the whole world? Even if I was disturbed, if I saw that I'd keep my mouth shut because it's none of my business.

Uh huh.
So why did you just tell the whole world?
God....

Old 06-14-2016, 11:52 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
1) A public park is NOT for "making out"
2) What do you care what an ex-coworker says to others?
3) Refer to #1 and get a motel room if you can't go to her place, or she to yours.

End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships