Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 09:48 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Drugs? Mentally ill? Refusing to take meds? It's the antecedent to the "new arrival" where I work, usually with a 72 hour hold in the psych ward in between. Their parents can no longer deal with being chased around the house with a knife, stolen from, siblings beaten up, self injurious behavior, other anti-social outbursts and abuse. One never can tell what's going on at their neighbor's house.

I think I'll call my daughter again and thank her, some of us don't appreciate how lucky we are/were
Yeah, it can be tough. The dad/father figure, not sure the dynamics, but he didn't look pleased. Gotta be rough. I was a pretty mellow kid and didn't give my parents too much grief, enough, but nothing on that order where the authorities need to be involved. It's really sad actually.

The mental health issues in this country need to be addressed, was just talking about that in another thread. Still a lot of stigma around it. Budget cuts have closed down a lot of mental health facilities and you see lots and lots of homeless people, at least here anyway,and you know that they all aren't drug addicts, I mean the ones that are walking down the street screaming and carrying on. Sorta scary, but again, sad stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 10:49 PM

10,337 posts, read 5,817,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, it can be tough. The dad/father figure, not sure the dynamics, but he didn't look pleased. Gotta be rough. I was a pretty mellow kid and didn't give my parents too much grief, enough, but nothing on that order where the authorities need to be involved. It's really sad actually.
I was pretty wild. BUT I was all over the place, and so were my friends, none of which were on medications. I only saw my mom if she was up when I was sneaking in. I had absolutely no reason to hang around the house, no internet, no cell phone, no video games...one tv and I didn't pick the channel. I called a friend and met them somewhere and possibly got into minor trouble or running from the police, or drinking in an alley... or walking in a snowstorm bc I had to get home and my driver was drinking...small town stuff, luckily there wasn't anyway for us to contact strange men across the country to come pick us up, or who knows!

It's a different world, that's for sure.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:16 AM

41,940 posts, read 36,711,281 times
Reviewing condo docs makes me want to icepick my eyes. Not pets of any kind? Well, funny, when I looked at the unit there was a cat and a dog...

Old 11-07-2016, 02:06 PM

4,000 posts, read 4,067,786 times
I feel as though I'm in a time warp. First, the clocks got turned back. Then, when I came to work, I saw roses. Outside. In Michigan. In November!

Old 11-07-2016, 02:20 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,584,578 times
I was changing oil in my pickup wearing a tee shirt. I like the warm weather.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Reviewing condo docs makes me want to icepick my eyes. Not pets of any kind? Well, funny, when I looked at the unit there was a cat and a dog...
The CC&R's I believe is what they are called and the ones for our place is so thick that if someone threw it at you you'd know it. Some condo boards are reasonable about things and others are pretty hard nosed and dot every I and cross the t's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I feel as though I'm in a time warp. First, the clocks got turned back. Then, when I came to work, I saw roses. Outside. In Michigan. In November!
LOL, yeah, the first couple of weeks it getting dark so much earlier is pretty depressing, but what can you do, other than move closer to the equator. LOL

Old 11-07-2016, 02:26 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,087,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, yeah, the first couple of weeks it getting dark so much earlier is pretty depressing, but what can you do, other than move closer to the equator. LOL
The thing about the time change that's getting me today is that right now it feels like it's time to start wrapping things up and heading out, but the clock doesn't agree with my feelings.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:31 PM

4,000 posts, read 4,067,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I was changing oil in my pickup wearing a tee shirt. I like the warm weather.
I'm not complaining. I love the mid-60s. I hate heat & humidity.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The thing about the time change that's getting me today is that right now it feels like it's time to start wrapping things up and heading out, but the clock doesn't agree with my feelings.
Yeah, that too. Also it's the days when I go to work early and have to stay a bit later, it's basically dark driving to work and it's dark driving home. I hate that, I feel like some kind of rodent on a treadmill with no life.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I'm not complaining. I love the mid-60s. I hate heat & humidity.
LOL, the not liking heat thing reminds me of Mrs. Chow's mom. She should have been born and raised in Alaska or something. This woman complains about it being hot when it's 74 degree and under 40% RH. Love the woman, but damn, I feel like telling her to shut up j/k. 74 with low humidity isn't hot. I'm in the HVAC field and they've studied the hell out of where the majority of people feel comfortable temp wise and it's right near those numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships