Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 06:17 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. Part of me is surprised, the other part of me isn't.
I'm not, not really. I lived in some of these places. My female friends are wrecks for the most part. The ones with children have no idea what to say with them. All don't know how to react to the country telling them their body's aren't their own... too early for the back in the kitchen and make me a sammich jokes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 06:35 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Both candidates were terrible. I wish Bernie would have earned the nomination, I suspect the outcome would have been different. The divide between the two candidates is very close from a percentage standpoint. Similar to Bush/Kerry in 04 and Obama/Romney in 12.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Both candidates were terrible. I wish Bernie would have earned the nomination, I suspect the outcome would have been different. The divide between the two candidates is very close from a percentage standpoint. Similar to Bush/Kerry in 04 and Obama/Romney in 12.
I love Bernie, I campaigned for him when I lived in VT, but I think he would have been a horrible president. Compromise is not this thing. He's too close to Carter. I man of ideals, and principles, and not willing to do anything that violates those ideals... which is noble, but politics is all about compromise.

I don't see how HC was a terrible candidate. She is not a good campaigner, but there are few people that have the legislative experience of being a U.S. Senator, AND the foreign policy experience of being Secretary of State. There are few people more qualified to be President than she is, based on resume.

Bush/Kerry and Obama/Romney were all candidates with the qualifications to do the job. This person has none. Not one. If it were a hiring committee system, this guy would never have gotten an interview.

It's time for the electoral college to go, but sadly, that won't happen, it is a source of power for smaller state.s

Old 11-09-2016, 07:02 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
The DNC made a yuuuuge mistake by manipulation to elevate Hillary. Bernie would have won by a landslide.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:09 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The DNC made a yuuuuge mistake by manipulation to elevate Hillary. Bernie would have won by a landslide.
I really don't mean to be simplistic, but isn't part of the reason he would've won by a landslide, the fact that he's a man with more experience (and emotional IQ) instead of being a woman in that position? I kept hearing people refer to HC as 'that ol hag', she wasn't older than anyone else worth voting for...the whole thing's just puzzling and surreal.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:13 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Like a lot of people, I'm sad and disappointed. I just truly hope that the responsibility of being President humbles him and causes him to finally grow up.

Yesterday after voting, I stopped off at the store to get a few more cases of food to add to what my family affectionately refers to as "Mom's Armageddon shelf". My son was rolling his eyes at all the beans and Vienna sausages (I know, I know), so I fixed his ass by telling him that each can represents another day prolonging our need to decide which child to eat first

Old 11-09-2016, 07:13 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I love Bernie, I campaigned for him when I lived in VT, but I think he would have been a horrible president. Compromise is not this thing.

I don't see how HC was a terrible candidate. She is not a good campaigner, but there are few people that have the legislative experience of being a U.S. Senator, AND the foreign policy experience of being Secretary of State. There are few people more qualified to be President than she is, based on resume.

Bush/Kerry and Obama/Romney were all candidates with the qualifications to do the job. This person has none. Not one. If it were a hiring committee system, this guy would never have gotten an interview.

It's time for the electoral college to go, but sadly, that won't happen, it is a source of power for smaller state.s
I agree that Trump has no legistlative experience or foreign policy knowledge. It is a culmination of people's frustration with politicians.

I live in a state the benefits from the electoral collage system. Our three little votes are hardly a game changer.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I really don't mean to be simplistic, but isn't part of the reason he would've won by a landslide, the fact that he's a man with more experience (and emotional IQ) instead of being a woman in that position? I kept hearing people refer to HC as 'that ol hag', she wasn't older than anyone else worth voting for...the whole thing's just puzzling and surreal.
Surreal, yes, puzzling, meh. The country voted for the hate in their heart, with ignorance in their head.

Now everyone gets to tell their children that being rude, xenophobic, sexist, vulgar is ok, and that women are second class citizens, the President does it, it got him elected.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:24 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Surreal, yes, puzzling, meh. The country voted for the hate in their heart, with ignorance in their head.

Now everyone gets to tell their children that being rude, xenophobic, sexist, vulgar is ok, and that women are second class citizens, the President does it, it got him elected.
Yep. I can't say I'd feel any worse if a Kardashian were just elected. I went to bed and woke up to a one word text from my daughter: "No..."
I didn't have to turn on the news.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yep. I can't say I'd feel any worse if a Kardashian were just elected. I went to bed and woke up to a one word text from my daughter: "No..."
I didn't have to turn on the news.
I found out through text barrages at around 2am. So many of my friends went, a couple with their daughters, to PA and NH to do what they could. They're just crushed being told they don't matter. The women that I know were sexually assaulted (I'm sure more were than I know) and are open about it are besides themselves, we just elected a person who bragged about sexually assaulting women.

Well, I guess we deserve this, thankfully I live in a sane state, but I'm bummed about what happened to my second love, Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships