Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 04:09 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Haha, that's really sweet.
It is! I'm not really into Valentines Day, but that was pretty sweet. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 04:13 PM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What I don't get is how some many grocery stores here allow them to basically take money from them, at least in terms of cookie sales. I guess maybe they look the other way because it's for a good cause??? Can't think of any other reason than that.
I learned from a true crime podcast that Girl Scouts don't go door to door anymore for safety reasons. Since you can't buy GS cookies in the store, maybe the managers just see it as community service?

Old 02-13-2017, 04:24 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Wow, I wasn't aware they had added more to their line:

Meet the Cookies - Girl Scout Cookies

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that availability varies by region.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:32 PM

52,196 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I learned from a true crime podcast that Girl Scouts don't go door to door anymore for safety reasons. Since you can't buy GS cookies in the store, maybe the managers just see it as community service?
Must be how they view it, I can't imagine them letting a group on their property selling a competing product. That just doesn't make any kind of business sense other than like you mentioned it being a community service.

Speaking of property, as much as I'm sympathetic to homeless people and feel bad about their plight. I sometimes get a little annoyed of having to run the gauntlet of homeless people that are in the parking lot of the grocery store. There are two or three regulars panhandling. So.... with the cookie sellers, the homeless, the petition signer crowd you have to be stealthy to make it into the actual store.

We usually donate pretty often to a rescue mission in our city because they do a lot of good. I'm hearing now that the LA county is proposing some new measure to increase the sales tax to help address the homeless problem. I'm wondering where all the money goes here, we're always voting in some measure to fix things like roads and schools and now the homeless deal. Can't figure out why the people running things here can't seem to be able to get anything done without always jumping into your wallet. LOL.

I'll probably end up voting it in just to see if it helps a bit, but man, the track history in this state for getting things fixed or right is pretty low.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:05 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
The ground hogs may say that there are 6 more weeks of winter, but I saw a robin and a guy on his Harley.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:47 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
The ground hogs may say that there are 6 more weeks of winter, but I saw a robin and a guy on his Harley.
Speaking of Harley's, we've had the warmest winter in the 4 years I've been here. Average highs have been in the 70's for the most part. Yet I haven't even started my bike since like November or early December. 😥

Despite paying $354 bucks a month for it and still having a year left on it, unless I pay the $4100 or whatever is owed on it off, which I need for a down payment on another vehicle soon and quite a few other things.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:08 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Speaking of Harley's, we've had the warmest winter in the 4 years I've been here. Average highs have been in the 70's for the most part. Yet I haven't even started my bike since like November or early December. 😥

Despite paying $354 bucks a month for it and still having a year left on it, unless I pay the $4100 or whatever is owed on it off, which I need for a down payment on another vehicle soon and quite a few other things.
It's never too cold to ride a bike mate...... That's what clothes are for

Old 02-14-2017, 07:33 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I have zero willpower when it comes to those cookies. I'll snarf down an entire sleeve of Thin Mints and then look at the box and realize that I was only supposed to eat two cookies at a time.
I remember polishing off an entire box of Thin Mints at my desk one year. It happened to be the year that I was wearing braces. My coworker walked by and caught me with an empty box and about half of it stuck in my teeth. But they were so goooood!

Old 02-14-2017, 07:49 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Maybe he rides nekkid.

Oh, boy . . .

Old 02-14-2017, 07:51 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Definitely not too cold!

I just struggle to find time to ride right now. I do most of my riding on weeknights after work or on weekend nights too. During hockey season, I usually watch so many hockey, that I don't cruise around at night. So I do most of it from June-September, even though it's warm enough to ride here from March-early December. This winter, it seems like it's at least 70 degrees for at least 20 days of every month, even though the average high is 64 or 65 for this time of year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships