Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 07:53 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,361 times

Advertisements

Taco Bell Bill wasn't showing off his undies. He was just . . . MMM . . . standing there . . . and then . . . he leaned over the counter a bit to grab the multiple bags of tacos . . . Probably for his 4 kids at home. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times
I think this generation has a number of qualities contributing to their slow pace. They are in no hurry because they have no job, and they don't take their education/getting to class on time regularly, too seriously either. As a full time student at a university, this is what I have observed. Also, they are oblivious to others' needs or concerns, they are barely into meeting their own needs and concerns. Apathy. Information overload, from a wide array of sources, causes 'paralysis by analysis.' I notice things like mismatched socks, clothes worn turned inside out, stained, ripped, just unkempt in general. This goes beyond pseudo-punk look, these kids look like they rolled around on the floor of their bedrooms and whatever adhered is what they showed up to school in.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I think this generation has a number of qualities contributing to their slow pace. They are in no hurry because they have no job, and they don't take their education/getting to class on time regularly, too seriously either. As a full time student at a university, this is what I have observed. Also, they are oblivious to others' needs or concerns, they are barely into meeting their own needs and concerns. Apathy. Information overload, from a wide array of sources, causes 'paralysis by analysis.' I notice things like mismatched socks, clothes worn turned inside out, stained, ripped, just unkempt in general. This goes beyond pseudo-punk look, these kids look like they rolled around on the floor of their bedrooms and whatever adhered is what they showed up to school in.
You forgot wearing PJs in public. Now THAT makes a statement.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:01 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe I'm getting old and cranky but I've been noticing this thing lately with teenagers, not all but enough to where I'm starting to notice a pattern

What is it with them and their slow slow walking. Especially when crossing through light controlled intersections. I mean they walk so slow that they are barely making forward progress it would appear. I was out early today and it happened again I was trying to make a left turn at a light and it was wide open, no on coming traffic and these two kids were just limping along.

I almost yelled out the window "MOVE YOUR DAMN ASSES ALREADY" LOL turning into the get off my lawn guy. I notice it too when you're in a shopping center looking for a parking spot, they walk right in front of you in such a way that you can't get around them, but have to wait til they are completely out of the way, and again, this slow zombie like walk. I mean the zombies in walking dead move faster than these kids do.

I'm starting to wonder if it's some kind of passive aggressive on purpose type thing.

I know when I'm walking through parking lots and I see a car waiting for me, I usually try and put a little giddy up to it so I don't hold people up.
I don't notice it with just teenagers, because almost EVERYONE walks too slow for me. Hey, I got stuff to do! Too many people walking around with their noses in their phone wherever you go; work, the grocery store, you name it.

I do live right by a high school and I notice that no matter what day or what time, there are always kids walking down the street by the school. Maybe I am old, but when we were in school, we were in the building from when school started until it ended. Sometimes I will see the kids and the buses not show up until 10am. I haven't the faintest idea what is going on. These kids seem like they are out of school more than they are in. No wonder the US is lagging behind other developed nations in test scores.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
I hope our New England contingent has battened down the hatches. When I went to bed last night the weather people said we could get up to 6 inches of snow. Guess how many inches of snow we got? Zero inches. I had that little kid disappointment that there was absolutely no excuse for me to come into work late because the roads were so bad. Though I did come late to work, anyway.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:25 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,862,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I hope our New England contingent has battened down the hatches. When I went to bed last night the weather people said we could get up to 6 inches of snow. Guess how many inches of snow we got? Zero inches. I had that little kid disappointment that there was absolutely no excuse for me to come into work late because the roads were so bad. Though I did come late to work, anyway.
We got the 6 inches. Not in a good way either...
I was stuck in my driveway yesterday morning and tried to call in to say I wouldn't make a meeting, I have a 35 Mile drive on a 2 lane hwy that has sporadic plowing. I was told: "It's mandatory you be here, you'll be late then, that's all, drive safe."
Shoulda just said I was sick, that was awful.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,599 times
We ended up only getting 3 inches of snow and a ton of freezing rain. The whole damn island was shut down in anticipation of 12-18 inches, so it was oddly disappointing.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:21 PM

The news people tend to be overly dramatic about the weather sometimes. The national news showed the "terrible" roads developing in the East. They looked like normal-winter roads in these parts. Maybe folks just like days off work. I know I'd consider a couple days off a treat. LOL

Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
I see that the Sleeping With the Enemy wedding thread from yesterday went away. Did the OP come out from under the bridge, or did the whole thread go down in flames?

<edit> He's back with a new thread, but he's not even trying to make it interesting this time.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-16-2017 at 10:42 AM..

Old 03-16-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I see that the Sleeping With the Enemy wedding thread from yesterday went away. Did the OP come out from under the bridge, or did the whole thread go down in flames?

<edit> He's back with a new thread, but he's not even trying to make it interesting this time.
I miss all the good stuff. I blame work. Work interferes with an afternoon nap, too. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships