Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 03:32 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Thank you all for yesterday I'm feeling a bit daft now lol.

Cheers
I think we've all gotten them. I wouldn't worry about it.

The ones I've gotten are never signed, though. Have no idea who they are. I don't get upset about them because it's such a lame thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Camping is great in a cabin with running water.
I understand you!
lol Me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 03:42 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
When we used to live in the same city as mrs. Chow's mom we would get food delivered from this little mom and pop pizza joint. We'd get a small pizza and a couple of sub sandwiches and it was really good. Good for a lot of years. We rarely go there now because we've moved away. We went and visited with her mom a day or so ago and we decided to have that place deliver some food.

We got it and it was just blah... I mean nothing like it used to be. We're thinking maybe the owners sold it to new people, something. I don't know, it's weird, I was just eating a left over slice of pizza and it was literally flavorless. I mean just like eating cardboard. LOL.

Sucks. I know it's a first world problem, but it still sorta sucks when one of your favs just changes like that on ya.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM

17,608 posts, read 22,516,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When we used to live in the same city as mrs. Chow's mom we would get food delivered from this little mom and pop pizza joint. We'd get a small pizza and a couple of sub sandwiches and it was really good. Good for a lot of years. We rarely go there now because we've moved away. We went and visited with her mom a day or so ago and we decided to have that place deliver some food.

We got it and it was just blah... I mean nothing like it used to be. We're thinking maybe the owners sold it to new people, something. I don't know, it's weird, I was just eating a left over slice of pizza and it was literally flavorless. I mean just like eating cardboard. LOL.

Sucks. I know it's a first world problem, but it still sorta sucks when one of your favs just changes like that on ya.
DiGiorno rising crust Supreme, is pretty fair for a frozen pizza, imo.....

When we lived in Monterey, there was "Carlo's Pizzaria", (square pizza). It was a really good tasty pizza...

Old 04-25-2017, 03:57 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,087,515 times
There's this little Mexican place in my neighborhood that was a sensation when it first opened, but then the owners overextended themselves (they tried to open a new location that flopped) and now it's going downhill. I know running a small business is hard, but being randomly closed and hit-or-miss food quality is no good. It's sad to watch someone's American Dream fail.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There's this little Mexican place in my neighborhood that was a sensation when it first opened, but then the owners overextended themselves (they tried to open a new location that flopped) and now it's going downhill. I know running a small business is hard, but being randomly closed and hit-or-miss food quality is no good. It's sad to watch someone's American Dream fail.
When we used to go out of state to go visit my dad we'd stop a little small Mexican food joint and it was really good. I did notice that it wasn't ran very well. I don't know if the owner wasn't around as much or whatever but they wouldn't open the place on time, a couple of times I wanted to go there it was supposed to be open but it was closed. One time for some reason there was a long-ish wait in the drive thru and when I got to the window the guy just handed me my food and said don't worry about paying because of the wait. I was like WTH, you can't be running a business like that. It was like the employees there didn't give a rip about running things properly. It was nice that I got a free order, but I didn't wait that long and again, I think the employees just didn't give a rip about things.

I actually drove away feeling a bit guilty. LOL, it was only a 9 or 10 dollar order, but whatever.

I might have to have some tacos for dinner tonight the more I think about it.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:05 PM

4,000 posts, read 4,067,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Camping is great in a cabin with running water.
I understand you!
Yep. It has to be clean and have a REAL restroom. (And a porta-john does not count. No way. No how. EEEWWW)

Old 04-25-2017, 06:59 PM

17,608 posts, read 22,516,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Yep. It has to be clean and have a REAL restroom. (And a porta-john does not count. No way. No how. EEEWWW)
I have a porta-potty on my boat. It has come in very handy, at times...

For many years we have camped/fished with our used class c & class a motor homes. The bathrooms & toilets/shower/bath tub, in them have been fine. They also have A/C & a generator, etc....

Old 04-25-2017, 07:07 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,450,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Unfortunately I've had the " pleasure " of using them depending on the size of the building site I'm on! lol

Ps thank you sea yeah for once it riled me ... I still don't know why I got the arse about it LMAO but over and done with and back to my " normal " self

Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I have a porta-potty on my boat. It has come in very handy, at times...

For many years we have camped/fished with our used class c & class a motor homes. The bathrooms & toilets/shower/bath tub, in them have been fine. They also have A/C & a generator, etc....
Yeah, that's my idear of camping out. Better yet having a RV and going to a camp ground with electrical and plumbing hook ups for the RV. Good stuff Maynard. Set up camp, have a fire have a couple of drinky poos in the evening. Oh yeah, now we're talking LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Unfortunately I've had the " pleasure " of using them depending on the size of the building site I'm on! lol

Ps thank you sea yeah for once it riled me ... I still don't know why I got the arse about it LMAO but over and done with and back to my " normal " self
Yeah, my work is part desk job and part construction site. Some of those porta johns can get quite fragrant on a hot summer afternoon.

Half the time they either reek of human stuff or it's smoke, MJ or cigarettes. With all the drug testing that goes on these days I'm surprised people are still smoking pot in porta-johns.

Construction jobsites tend to be dangerous places, I couldn't imagine for my own safety getting loaded in the bathroom and then going out and being around all of the potential accidents waiting to happen.

Scary stuff and some people are just stupider than hell.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,450,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, that's my idear of camping out. Better yet having a RV and going to a camp ground with electrical and plumbing hook ups for the RV. Good stuff Maynard. Set up camp, have a fire have a couple of drinky poos in the evening. Oh yeah, now we're talking LOL

Yeah, my work is part desk job and part construction site. Some of those porta johns can get quite fragrant on a hot summer afternoon.

Half the time they either reek of human stuff or it's smoke, MJ or cigarettes. With all the drug testing that goes on these days I'm surprised people are still smoking pot in porta-johns.

Construction jobsites tend to be dangerous places, I couldn't imagine for my own safety getting loaded in the bathroom and then going out and being around all of the potential accidents waiting to happen.

Scary stuff and some people are just stupider than hell.
Yeah luckily we don't get a summer here so we avoid that issue

No but seriously you're right it is dangerous and I'll admit I've had many a pub lunch and come in in some right states from the night before but never where one is at risk especially in scaffolding.

Ive heard it's pretty much ALL D&A tests for a lot of jobs around your way? ... Here it's only a few specific jobs ( mainly high profile construction sites )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships