Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 10:39 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some of the locals here like DonthateMe can relate to these fires. The sky is eerie and has a weird yellow brown.

Took this pic when leaving the grocery store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yeah, I thought of her, too.
Thanks you two - i hope you were able to stay indoors aside from the grocery trip. I had class at CSULB today - before I even left the 405 I could see something was up. The hue was weird, saw smoke blanketing the sky straight ahead. When I parked my car and started walking outside the parking structure, I noticed the ash falling all around and onto me. By the time I got to the College of Ed at the top of campus (by Seventh St), I was wheezing and sneezing. Clumps of black ash all over campus.

We didn't get an alert from the school until 3:45 pm, too late for me to pack a face mask. I hope the fires are contained soon and that more people won't be displaced - I have been so slammed with life lately that I haven't even seen what caused the fire and where it's actually burning. I never forget, no matter how bad things get for me, they could always be infinitely worse by a mere stroke of bad luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 11:00 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Thanks you two - i hope you were able to stay indoors aside from the grocery trip. I had class at CSULB today - before I even left the 405 I could see something was up. The hue was weird, saw smoke blanketing the sky straight ahead. When I parked my car and started walking outside the parking structure, I noticed the ash falling all around and onto me. By the time I got to the College of Ed at the top of campus (by Seventh St), I was wheezing and sneezing. Clumps of black ash all over campus.

We didn't get an alert from the school until 3:45 pm, too late for me to pack a face mask. I hope the fires are contained soon and that more people won't be displaced - I have been so slammed with life lately that I haven't even seen what caused the fire and where it's actually burning. I never forget, no matter how bad things get for me, they could always be infinitely worse by a mere stroke of bad luck.
So true. If there's one thing we learn in life, it's that. Take care, DontH8.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 PM

By the way, DontH8Me, since you're at the college, have you eaten at Thiptara (Thai food) yet? It's really good. Fresh, really flavorful dishes, great ambience and service. Reasonably priced for the quality. We think you'd like it.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
By the way, DontH8Me, since you're at the college, have you eaten at Thiptara (Thai food) yet? It's really good. Fresh, really flavorful dishes, great ambience and service. Reasonably priced for the quality. We think you'd like it.
Will definitely check them out. Have been looking for a good Thai place local, the last one I went to was in Claremont! I wish I lived closer to campus so I could do more socializing - I'm only there 'on business' most of the time. I was just sent an invite for drinks and bowling at the campus bowling alley but for a night I'm not there. Another invite for the Country Club in Seal Beach for next week, but it's midterms. I was there last semester, that place is very scenic

Old 10-21-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Will definitely check them out. Have been looking for a good Thai place local, the last one I went to was in Claremont! I wish I lived closer to campus so I could do more socializing - I'm only there 'on business' most of the time. I was just sent an invite for drinks and bowling at the campus bowling alley but for a night I'm not there. Another invite for the Country Club in Seal Beach for next week, but it's midterms. I was there last semester, that place is very scenic
Sorry, it would appear my question killed Chat.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:06 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
I recommend the new series 'The 11' on A&E. For those mesmerized by the macabre, like me.
I wonder if it's too late to become a homicide detective?

Old 10-21-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I recommend the new series 'The 11' on A&E. For those mesmerized by the macabre, like me.
I wonder if it's too late to become a homicide detective?
It's never too late - we could be a crime-fighting, murder-investigating duo like Simon & Simon. Or would it be Cagney & Lacey? Was I the only one who got a lesbionic vibe from that show, btw?

Seriously though, if it wasn't for my liberal studies major, it would have been forensic anthropology or pathology. I don't have cable so I'll have to wait for The 11 to show up on Netflix or Amazon. I'll have to make do with my Dateline and 48 Hours, in the meantime. There's also a new series available on Netflix about two female cold case rape investigators that was a decent watch. I also have Forensic Files in my queue, there's like 1000 episodes of that show so I'm not even halfway through.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:14 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I was going through my emails and I came across an email receipt of an order I placed lol that I forgot, chardonnay shopping much, lol. Anyways I ordered something and when going through the order process there was a field for business name. It wouldn't let me process the order unless the business name was filled out. Never came across that before but anyways so according to my email receipt I put in the business name "Douchebag Enterprises" LOL

Old 10-21-2017, 10:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
It's never too late - we could be a crime-fighting, murder-investigating duo like Simon & Simon. Or would it be Cagney & Lacey? Was I the only one who got a lesbionic vibe from that show, btw?

Seriously though, if it wasn't for my liberal studies major, it would have been forensic anthropology or pathology.
Cagney & Lacey seemed manly to me...so yeah. Maybe.

Netflix? Peaky Blinders please! I have no one to discuss it with, it's amazing, start from the beginning.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Cagney & Lacey seemed manly to me...so yeah. Maybe.

Netflix? Peaky Blinders please! I have no one to discuss it with, it's amazing, start from the beginning.
Thank you for reminding me of that show - I added it to my queue a while ago and everyone groaned when I tried watching it. I added it for that Irish actor alone (from Wind That Shakes the Barley). Dark hair and light eyes makes me weak in the knees. I'll watch it alone - no sweat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships