Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 06:15 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Was just at the store and saw some people wearing costumes, some customers and some of the employees. I look over and there was a guy dress up in medical scrubs and I thought, meh buddy, kind of a over done costume. I did notice that he had a name stitched on it and I thought, umm... not a bad way to try and sell it and make the costume a little more interesting.

It shortly dawned on me that he probably wasn't wearing a costume and was just stopping in on his way home from work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 06:23 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Was just at the store and saw some people wearing costumes, some customers and some of the employees. I look over and there was a guy dress up in medical scrubs and I thought, meh buddy, kind of a over done costume. I did notice that he had a name stitched on it and I thought, umm... not a bad way to try and sell it and make the costume a little more interesting.

It shortly dawned on me that he probably wasn't wearing a costume and was just stopping in on his way home from work.
Meanwhile he's thinking to himself, What's that dude's problem? lol

Old 10-31-2017, 07:29 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I never get any trick or treaters, so I usually go out after work on Halloween. Stopped by Target on the way home, and they've already got the Halloween stuff cleared out and the Christmas stuff going up.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:44 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Next stop - insanity. Or is it Willoughby? Let's ask Rod Serling.
I LOVE that you made this reference!

Old 11-02-2017, 11:59 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I LOVE that you made this reference!
Fellow Twilight Zone fan?

Old 11-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Fellow Twilight Zone fan?
I'm not a die-hard, but I really do enjoy them. It's one of those shows I always pause on if I'm channel surfing. And I've made a reference during a bad workday to "Willoughby... next stop Willoughby!"

No one laughs or gets it.

I don't care.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I'm not a die-hard, but I really do enjoy them. It's one of those shows I always pause on if I'm channel surfing. And I've made a reference during a bad workday to "Willoughby... next stop Willoughby!"

I don't care.
It's actually one of the first episodes I remember watching - I couldn't have been more than eight or nine years old. Just stuck with me - that, and two others. When Marsha goes to the ninth floor of the department store to return a gift, and the one where the woman gets plastic surgery to fix her face. Watching stuff like that at such a young age kinda twisted me, I think.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:

I don't care.
Lol, I pass a Willoughby Street on the way home from work everyday, and always say "Next stop, Willoughby" when I get stuck at the traffic light there.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
It's actually one of the first episodes I remember watching - I couldn't have been more than eight or nine years old. Just stuck with me - that, and two others. When Marsha goes to the ninth floor of the department store to return a gift, and the one where the woman gets plastic surgery to fix her face. Watching stuff like that at such a young age kinda twisted me, I think.

For me, there's the plastic surgery one (the gorgeous Donna Douglas, of Ellie May Clampett fame), Burgess Meredith dropping his glasses, The Shelter (threat of atomic war, everybody at the party wants in -- that one is a wonderful study of human nature), Willoughby, probably some others. Such conversations invariably contain exclamations of "Oh, yeah -- that one! Awww...!"

Twisted you? Interesting take. I have to say I find your profile answers charming in a quirky sort of way, not twisted at all -- especially "Khal-ee-forn-ee-aah." In my writing I'm prone to putting down accents of various sorts, enjoying the challenge of spelling and emphasis in order to convey something accurately.

Hmm, now I think on it, perhaps "twisted" is best. You poor thing!

Old 11-03-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
For me, there's the plastic surgery one (the gorgeous Donna Douglas, of Ellie May Clampett fame), Burgess Meredith dropping his glasses, The Shelter (threat of atomic war, everybody at the party wants in -- that one is a wonderful study of human nature), Willoughby, probably some others. Such conversations invariably contain exclamations of "Oh, yeah -- that one! Awww...!"

Twisted you? Interesting take. I have to say I find your profile answers charming in a quirky sort of way, not twisted at all -- especially "Khal-ee-forn-ee-aah." In my writing I'm prone to putting down accents of various sorts, enjoying the challenge of spelling and emphasis in order to convey something accurately.

Hmm, now I think on it, perhaps "twisted" is best. You poor thing!
Let's not forget the telepathic one, where the guy flips a coin to stand on its side and afterwards can hear everyone's thoughts. I remember watching that one and trying to flip a coin on its side for some time, trying to see if I could do it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships