Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 05:00 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times

Advertisements

We could really use a good, interesting topic in the forum right now...I'm just saying.

Oddly, I just flashed on Steve Martin dressed in a white suit singing, "Oh the shark bites...with his teeth, dear...and, he keeps them...pearly white!" XD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 10:48 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Happy Friday.

Been off work so long that that saying really has some meaning now. We're supposed to get rain all day today and I know that the drive from downtown LA to home is going to be a bear* today. I'm already doing deep breathing exercises in preparation for the hell that is a comin.........

*Note the use of the term "bear", cause yous all know that PG13 won't allow for the real sayin....

Old 03-05-2018, 04:12 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Speaking of hell coming, Chow, you know what kind of weather we've got here in Colorado Springs right now?

Dry.
Coming off of winter, dry trees...dry grass...dry air...dry, dry, dry...

Sunny.

Windy.

Yeah. You live in the west. You know what I'm worrying about.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:12 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
We're getting more snow - 9 inches.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:39 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Is $175 really too much to pay for a cat tree? It looks like a tree, and has leaves, it's 72". It's like 40% off, it was $300 the first time I saw it

I'll put it next to the sliding glass door on the deck where the bird feeders are, they can pretend they're outside in a tree.

They like to watch the chickadees and cat-chatter at them. I think they may look at them as though they're flying meatballs.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:59 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,476 times
I'd like to buy an "i" for one of the thread titles on here.....

Old 03-07-2018, 12:01 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Is $175 really too much to pay for a cat tree? It looks like a tree, and has leaves, it's 72". It's like 40% off, it was $300 the first time I saw it

I'll put it next to the sliding glass door on the deck where the bird feeders are, they can pretend they're outside in a tree.

They like to watch the chickadees and cat-chatter at them. I think they may look at them as though they're flying meatballs.
Sounds like money well spent to me - have your kitties brought you 'presents' lately? My sixth grade teacher told us about the way her cat would show her affection - it usually involved a dead bird on the back porch. The way my teacher explained it, the cat considers you worthy by bringing tribute.

I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't even know a chickadee is an actual bird. I just remember W.C. Fields using the word and I always assumed it was a diminutive version of chick. I guess I'm not much of a birder, even though I've had my share of them as pets.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:37 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

I've seen those, they are cool. But every time I look at prices for cat furniture (trees, shelves, etc) I think, "Couldn't I just make that? It doesn't look that difficult." But then I'm lazy and I don't.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:57 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I've seen those, they are cool. But every time I look at prices for cat furniture (trees, shelves, etc) I think, "Couldn't I just make that? It doesn't look that difficult." But then I'm lazy and I don't.
Ha! Me too. Just carpet and 2 x 4s...the crazy gray one is about 85 y.o. now, so I might as well break down and let the expert cat furniture makers do it. I'd kinda like to put that on my resume' though: Cat Furniture Maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sounds like money well spent to me - have your kitties brought you 'presents' lately? My sixth grade teacher told us about the way her cat would show her affection - it usually involved a dead bird on the back porch. The way my teacher explained it, the cat considers you worthy by bringing tribute.

I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't even know a chickadee is an actual bird. I just remember W.C. Fields using the word and I always assumed it was a diminutive version of chick. I guess I'm not much of a birder, even though I've had my share of them as pets.
Yes I had one a few years ago who would jump right through the screen on my window and drop entrails on my bed. chipmunks, tasty baby bunnies...all my favorites. She was a killer. This is the chickadee! maybe you don't have those where you live?

Old 03-07-2018, 09:26 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,163,964 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships