Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Chow, SOG, did you see the Maserati that got sliced in half today? The passenger died at the scene - was just watching this on the 11:00 eye witness news. It looked horrific.
That's so weird, I was cooking dinner last night and Chow went out on the balcony because a helicopter kept hovering, and that's usually a bad sign, but we had no idea what it was about. That photo! Omg.

Quote:
I'm officially done with prepping everything for my party tomorrow, all I will need to do is grill the meat and serve. I know it's supposed to rain, but the grill is in a covered area so should be just fine.

I made real, autentico tiramisu for the party and got to lick the cream. Oh it's gonna be great but I might make some lemon squares too, got a craving for them again. Something about tangy/sweet.

I made three kinds of Hungarian salads for the party - one of them is wiener salad. It is a combo of slices of thin wieners, sliced red onions, and a sour cream/mayo based dressing. Leave it to Hungarians to take a mix of processed meat and onions and call it a salad. I ain't eating it though, it's for the guests.
You keep talking about those lemon squares. I'm going to have to make them. I think you posted the recipe here somewhere?

Hope your party is going/went great today! Happy St. Paddy's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 01:53 AM

16,233 posts, read 27,273,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
That's so weird, I was cooking dinner last night and Chow went out on the balcony because a helicopter kept hovering, and that's usually a bad sign, but we had no idea what it was about. That photo! Omg.

You keep talking about those lemon squares. I'm going to have to make them. I think you posted the recipe here somewhere?

Hope your party is going/went great today! Happy St. Paddy's!
The helicopter sound is not just a bad sign, it can also be a sleep inhibitor. Sometimes like 2-3:00 am and whoosh-whoosh. Yeah, miracle that the driver supposedly survived. The passenger didn't.

I saw the one about the boulder. Unbelievable that people can be this cruel just for a thrill. There was a story a while back where some idiots threw a shopping cart and the woman below survived (barely).

The party was great - it was a family affair. The weather was perfect for a backyard boogie-oogie-oogie.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I saw the one about the boulder. Unbelievable that people can be this cruel just for a thrill. There was a story a while back where some idiots threw a shopping cart and the woman below survived (barely).
When I was a kid, my family was coming home from my dad's work picnic and we were driving along the freeway and some dip**** tossed a water balloon that landed on our windshield. Obviously scared the **** out of us, but my dad kept it under control. Bad enough that you're going to freak someone out that way, but a boulder??!!

By the way, if you're going to put security cameras up anywhere, wouldn't bridges be a good first thought for that, at this point?

Quote:
The party was great - it was a family affair. The weather was perfect for a backyard boogie-oogie-oogie.
Lmao!

Have you seen the beautiful clouds the last few days? Incredible. Glad you had a good time. Happy St. Paddy's.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:26 PM

16,233 posts, read 27,273,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
When I was a kid, my family was coming home from my dad's work picnic and we were driving along the freeway and some dip**** tossed a water balloon that landed on our windshield. Obviously scared the **** out of us, but my dad kept it under control. Bad enough that you're going to freak someone out that way, but a boulder??!!

By the way, if you're going to put security cameras up anywhere, wouldn't bridges be a good first thought for that, at this point?

Lmao!

Have you seen the beautiful clouds the last few days? Incredible. Glad you had a good time. Happy St. Paddy's.
The clouds have been breathtaking. When I was driving to Norwalk on the 105 last Thursday morning, I could not get enough of the sky above the horizon line in the distance. It was almost mythical - wish I could have snapped a photo, but I was driving.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:
The clouds have been breathtaking. When I was driving to Norwalk on the 105 last Thursday morning, I could not get enough of the sky above the horizon line in the distance. It was almost mythical - wish I could have snapped a photo, but I was driving.
Exactly! Just so beautiful. Perfect way to describe them.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:49 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
I've loved reading y'all's descriptions of the clouds there. We had severe storms predicted since this weekend, and they even let schools out early today because of the "weather threat" that was supposed to hit today between school pick-up time and rush hour.

But ... no storms! They all swung south into Alabama! In fact it was kinda nice here this evening. False alarm ...

So people can continue to make fun of how we can't handle the weather here.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:41 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,057,710 times
Our local weather report is calling for between 1 and 15 inches of snow. Happy first day of Spring all!

Muhahahahahahaha!

Old 03-23-2018, 11:08 AM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
There is a Starbucks in the plaza of the office building I work in and I sometimes pop in and grab some coffee. This Starbucks is a zoo and jammed most of the time. I get up to order and this guy that works there is probably 25 or so and today he had his hair in pigtails and was wearing makeup. I mean cat eye eyeliner, eye shadow and a touch of lip gloss, don't ask me how I know all that . I'm like we're not in Kansas any more are we Ma....

I remember growing up and it was sorta edgy and garnered a second glance if a guy had an ear ring or long hair.

Funny stuff. I prefer casual to stuffy and proper and all and I was just sorta surprised how lax things are becoming in the service sector. I wonder if it's just here in So Cal or is it everywhere?? I haven't been to small town America, most places I've been to in my life were large to fairly large metros.

My last job I would wear polo shirts and jeans and that was just dandy. Loved it, casual comfortable and it was great too because the polo shirt has a small company logo and I didn't have to pay for them and they were actually decent quality shirts. This new job I have to wear business casual clothes and for pants not just Dockers, I mean nice decent dress slacks, 200 dollar a pop slacks with button down dress shirts and luckily no tie, so I should be thankful for that.

It's costing me a fortune to look like I know WTF I'm doing. I know the ladies always put a lot of dough into their clothes but this is new for me. Don't get me started on how expensive dress shirts and dressy shoes are. LOL

Old 03-23-2018, 11:13 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,087,515 times
I think Starbucks is friendly to a variety of gender nonconforming folks. My mom is constantly sending me Starbucks gift cards, so I have noticed in my travels for free beverages that it definitely does not have a corporate dress code.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:29 AM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think Starbucks is friendly to a variety of gender nonconforming folks. My mom is constantly sending me Starbucks gift cards, so I have noticed in my travels for free beverages that it definitely does not have a corporate dress code.

Yeah, no doubt, I've been in a dozen Starbucks all over So Cal and yeah, they are casual for sure, just never seen that casual, but whatever, I don't care, it just sorta took me back for a split second or so.

I'm sure you see that A LOT more in west Hollywood, I just don't get over that way much in my travels, unless I have a project there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships