Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 09:44 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Oh.
My.
God.

I always knew the poc forum was a cesspool, but jeez, I've got to get out of that pit, some of the stuff some people say is downright sickening at times. Relationships is no where near the same level of slime and that is saying something. Jeez......
I liken it to a cross between the Mos Eisley Cantina and Stormfront. You never know what kind of crazed hostility is blowing around over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 12:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Well, big test. Four day camping trip with main person I'm seeing now starting tomorrow. If we can survive this, we're in good shape. Haha.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:06 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
What with my most recent OLD scammer, I thought about this but I doubt if it would make a thread so just bringing it up here for possible amusing speculation ( Or not...that's OK, I'm used to it
What if, or how likely is it, that one scammer messages another one?
Do they recognize what each other is or even respond??

Old 08-23-2018, 04:36 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, big test. Four day camping trip with main person I'm seeing now starting tomorrow. If we can survive this, we're in good shape. Haha.
I hope it goes well.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:42 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Tent? Camper? Motorhome?
I actually would like to camp in a tent, the last time I went camping this summer it was in a motorhome with recliners and a fake fireplace inside... kind of lame to have an oven and refrigerator. That's not camping!

Old 08-24-2018, 10:52 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbccl View Post
tent? Camper? Motorhome?
I actually would like to camp in a tent, the last time i went camping this summer it was in a motorhome with recliners and a fake fireplace inside... Kind of lame to have an oven and refrigerator. That's not camping!

Old 08-24-2018, 03:31 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Tent? Camper? Motorhome?
I actually would like to camp in a tent, the last time I went camping this summer it was in a motorhome with recliners and a fake fireplace inside... kind of lame to have an oven and refrigerator. That's not camping!

Quote:

When it isn't "Fire Season", sit outside with a campfire located in a safe area with a rock fire ring (keep some Cutter Backwoods mosquito repellent with Deet, handy). Singe some hotdogs & bratwurst. Later have some marshmallows on a stick or smores......enjoy the billions of stars (clouds of stars) in the night sky. Might see some shooting stars or UFO's...

You can do some fishing from the boat or shore. Especially the catfish bite good at night. They love small baitfish called bullheads, or pileworms or nightcrawlers, etc.

Make Wonderful Memories...

Leave only footprints...

Old 08-25-2018, 06:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What with my most recent OLD scammer, I thought about this but I doubt if it would make a thread so just bringing it up here for possible amusing speculation ( Or not...that's OK, I'm used to it
It's hard to tell! Depends how good they are? Scammers have to assume the people they are trying to scam aren't as clever as they are ...so if you were a female scammer and some guy started sending you poetry and shut down his OLD profile and started acting madly in love with you---you may think 'Sheesh what a dope, think I got this guy hooked.' When in reality he's just trying to scam you, and he's not that stupid...

My head hurts now. I've been hit on by a couple of scammers. One of them actually asked me how I figured him out, maybe so he wouldn't make the same mistake next time. One of them used a Photobucket pic of a seemingly 30 y.o. military guy, but was writing that he was 50... I feel sorry for slightly naive people, or inexperienced and lonely who end up losing.

Ok, my question: I just did the (Public Access) records look up. If the guy has a domestic abuse conviction (not just dismissed charge) AND a Facebook page full of politics, do you tell him why you're not interested?

Old 08-26-2018, 06:04 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post

There's probably a code they recognize, although there may be some that enjoy the idea of scamming a scammer too. Just be happy they weren't a rapist or murderer.

I just saw where people are pretending to be military and asking their OL love to send money.

https://taskandpurpose.com/army-civi...online-idiots/

Then there are also people OL scamming soldiers. It's ridiculous.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:14 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
One of them actually asked me how I figured him out, maybe so he wouldn't make the same mistake next time.
I hope you didn't tell him!
I did inform "my guy" that he had made a few mistakes but there was no way I'd tell him what they were.

Quote:
Ok, my question: I just did the (Public Access) records look up. If the guy has a domestic abuse conviction (not just dismissed charge) AND a Facebook page full of politics, do you tell him why you're not interested?
Tell him why? Probably wouldn't waste the time since there doesn't even seem to be to be any fun possible in the abuse part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships