Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 12:09 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ohhhh petrol indeed! ( missing Don'tH8Me btw )

My dad has a mate that's an easy 6"4ish probably bigger .... And he scared the crap out of me as a kid.... Just looking at him and LOL he had one in the late 70s....

Apparently it was an elephant getting In a mouse hole!!!!

Just think though soon enough ( apart from the classic car collectors of course ) it will all be electric cars one day.
LC, I missed you too. But as you know I was gone with good reason and had a wonderful time. Didn't make it to Newcastle, maybe next time. Ran into lots of Brits on holiday though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I would too, if I could count on it-- fall is fickle in MN....YOU get to have a fall!
I get like a week, then The Shining starts.
WTH am I doing here?
I'm going to put my POF profile back up and expand my search 1000 miles
By The Shining, are you referring to the Stephen King novel, and getting snowed in and loony tunes (Here's Johnny!) for the winter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I used to really love summer but the last couple of years I just don't care for it anymore. Sweating like a friggin pig all the time gets old. The humidity here in So Cal has gotten worse over the last several years and I just can't tolerate humidity. I know you guys back east get it bad, worse then we do, but I think we're catching up. I started a thread about the humidity in the LA forum and everyone was agreeing with me, at least the locals, people started posting article and links to how the west coast humidity levels are rising something to do with the swamp ass crap coming up from Mexico, whatever it is it sucks. I just got back from the store and I'm a big sloppy wet mess, pissier than a wet hen right about now.

Lookin forward to cooler weather with the fall for sure. I think spring and fall are probably my faves. The dead of winter sucks pretty bad too, not sure yet if winter or summer sucks worse.
It was actually decent here in the South Bay, we always have ocean breezes to cool things down. If you have time to get away, spend a few hours in Hermosa or Manhattan when things feel muggy. South Redondo is also great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The people I was working with said the look on my face was priceless. It was a good travel mug. It kept things good and warm for a long time.

Sigh, now to replace it.
You can replace things but sometimes there's just no real 'replacement'.

I got a nice commuter sipper as a gift a few years ago and I love it. Japanese stainless steel thingy, very easy to handle and clean, locks safe and then springs open with the touch of a trigger. Keeps my coffee warm for a long time as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 04:18 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
By The Shining, are you referring to the Stephen King novel, and getting snowed in and loony tunes (Here's Johnny!) for the winter?
Yes, I get cabin fever
Welcome back! Missed reading your comments

Old 08-19-2016, 05:26 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
And I am awake at 5 AM on my day off. Lovely.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:44 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

It was actually decent here in the South Bay, we always have ocean breezes to cool things down. If you have time to get away, spend a few hours in Hermosa or Manhattan when things feel muggy. South Redondo is also great.

I live 1.5 miles from the beach already. LOL. Just not the South Bay.

Quote:
And I am awake at 5 AM on my day off. Lovely.
Of course you do.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:10 AM

And it is cool and looks rainy here today, too. I am a fan of summertime. It doesn't last long enough.

I beat the rain and been up on top of my camper once. Now it is parts ordering time.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:27 AM

Looking at some homes online and found this one. This is a view from the small deck off of the master bedroom. Nice shot of the NM desert.

Love to get my hot little sweaty hands on a place like this. Kick back on the deck, have a nice glass of vino and enjoy the lack of crowds and open space.

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-11-2016 at 03:29 AM..

Old 08-19-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Looking at some homes online and found this one. This is a view from the small deck off of the master bedroom. Nice shot of the NM desert.

Love to get my hot little sweaty hands on a place like this. Kick back on the deck, have a nice glass of vino and enjoy the lack of crowds and open space.

Yes, sir. That would work. I have a need for mountains.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Yes, sir. That would work. I have a need for mountains.
The metro Albuquerque area sits in a valley and is surrounded by mountain ranges. This is a shot of a place about 20 miles south of ABQ

Old 08-19-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
The metro Albuquerque area sits in a valley and is surrounded by mountain ranges. This is a shot of a place about 20 miles south of ABQ
That works.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:37 PM

One thing I notice about this forum is how so many people are so quick to say "kick that mother to the curb" like they're changing socks. I don't know about most people but when you love someone and have been together for a while you don't just dump someone without some ruminating and some agony. The levels of such may vary but I couldn't imagine being so cavalier about it. I'm not talking about something casual that wasn't very long time here.

Got a forum full of tough guys apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships