Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 08:07 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
See, I just don't know. It is an island in the sense that we are separated from the mainland by a narrow body of water, and the only way out is by bridge or ferry... but the reasons for calling it a peninsula are largely so NY State can have jurisdiction over it, which is driven by the economic reality that LI property taxes serve as an ATM machine for the rest of the state.

What fascinates me about LA (although I've never been) is how there is so much outdoorsy stuff to do! Like being able to go hiking and stuff right there. Our highest elevation are speed bumps, so in order to do any kind of hiking we need to endure traffic and drive upstate.

Yeah, a while back we hiked around the Hollywood hills near the Hollywood sign and Griffith park observatory, all of the stuff you see in movies.

Were physically only about 20 miles or so from that stuff, but the LA traffic is brutal so we stay away as far away as much as we can from those "LA" areas that are typically popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 10:45 PM

A few days ago I was at the grocery store and they have a couple of Redbox kiosks there. So I picked up a movie, well somewhere between the machine and the car in the parking lot I lost the damn DVD. So I waited a couple of days to see if someone would have found the DVD and returned it. Well, I reported the DVD as lost last night and about an hour later I got the usual email saying that Redbox had received the disk. They typically send an email to let you know that they received it. Kinda cool they do that.

I figure someone probably found the disk, took it home and watched it and waited a few days to return it. LOL, since I reported it missing the day I rented it they only charged me for the one day instead of three. It would have cost us 25 bucks plus taxes for that little mishap.

LOL, sometimes you do catch a break.

It's also sorta weird in that the movie was "Hello, my Name is Doris" and unbeknownst to me, Netflix had already shipped it and it came to the house the very next day, sort of a weird coincidence.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:46 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Back to work tomorrow. This is the most vacation time I've taken in one swoop. It was really nice. A foretaste of retirement. Been busy with fires. Since getting back from the trip I've been out on fires all but one night.

This wildfire season is getting really busy.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:50 PM

This time that I'd had off has taught me that I'll be fine in retirement, I was sort of worried about going stir crazy, I know now that I'll be fine. I also learned that I need to keep busy, as I've packed on a lot of weight having this time off.

I typically would walk 5 miles day on a jobsite, going back and forth checking things out, probably more than that on some of the larger projects I've worked on. That helps to keep the chub from setting in. Plus I suppose the extra wine consumption didn't help. LOL....

Old 06-25-2016, 10:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
I was busy the whole time. I still have things I wanted to get done. Oh well. I'll keep on it.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:37 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,010,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
YAY!!!!! UK has officially left the EU!!

Rule Britannia 🇬🇧
Heh seems you are happy

Old 06-26-2016, 12:18 AM

"No one puts Baby in the corner!!!"

LOL, one of the songs for Dirty Dancing soundtrack is playing right now. "Hungry Eyes"

Ah... the nostalgia. I was just a kid when that movie came out. I still think about the unfortunate passing of Patrick Swayze, he was on the young side passing at on 57 or so, I forget his exact age. Sad stuff.

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-26-2016 at 12:31 AM..

Old 06-26-2016, 04:18 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Isn't it odd that I'm so lazy to wake up on time during the weekdays to go to work, but on weekends I get up at the exact same time without any alarms ? Anyone else go through this.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:05 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,104,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A few days ago I was at the grocery store and they have a couple of Redbox kiosks there. So I picked up a movie, well somewhere between the machine and the car in the parking lot I lost the damn DVD. So I waited a couple of days to see if someone would have found the DVD and returned it. Well, I reported the DVD as lost last night and about an hour later I got the usual email saying that Redbox had received the disk. They typically send an email to let you know that they received it. Kinda cool they do that.

I figure someone probably found the disk, took it home and watched it and waited a few days to return it. LOL, since I reported it missing the day I rented it they only charged me for the one day instead of three. It would have cost us 25 bucks plus taxes for that little mishap.

LOL, sometimes you do catch a break.

It's also sorta weird in that the movie was "Hello, my Name is Doris" and unbeknownst to me, Netflix had already shipped it and it came to the house the very next day, sort of a weird coincidence.
A few weeks ago, I signed up at s video store. The very first movie I rented wasn't taken back for a week. It was a one-day rental, but MG ended up in the hospital. I was SO embarrassed to be returning it late! I was standing there thinking how much it was going to cost for a movie we didn't see. And I thought of the example I was setting: My first movie rental being days and days late. Anyway, I felt the need to at least mention why it was late, since I didn't want to seem like a loser. * sigh * The young woman had me sign a form and didn't charge me for the rental. There really ARE good people left.

Adi: I wake up at least half an hour before the alarm goes off - during the week AND on weekend. I drive myself crazy with it! LOL. And now I do the same at MG's medicine time (3:00am, 5:00 am and 7:00am) to be sure he doesn't sleep through those times.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:38 PM

I contacted an old gf via FB. We chatted briefly, she indicated that she always thinks of me when she hears a certain song. I told her that I too, I too think of her whenever I hear that song. She wrote back that she felt bad about how things ended and she worried that she hurt me.

I told her that it's fine, we were young, we were really young and things happen and that I don't want her to think even twice about it in a bad way. I want her to be happy about our time together. She wrote back that every time she hears a certain GnR song that she thinks about me. I told her the same.. LOL.. Every time I hear a certain song be them I always harken back to that time period... 25 plus yrs ago. LOL.. It was a sweet moment we had. I can look back at the GF's that I've had and they've all been good women. I don't have any real regrets about the ladies in my life. They've been champs and no reason to be nasty. I guess I'm lucky that things ended pretty well with most of them. I'm a lucky lucky man. I've been blessed with many things in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships