Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:34 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Only in Timberline's eyes. I think the other regulars would not take issue with your course of action provided you did it respectfully.
You cannot do that respectfully.

I think the only people that think it is ok are the two virgins that don't know a damn thing about relationships. The two that have deal breakers so they can rationalize their screwed up life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 01:36 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Naw, now you're just changing the story.
I doubt if it is true.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Um...no? There are vast numbers of divorced women with school-aged or older children and responsible fathers who pay child support and have shared custody. It's the NORM. Just about every single mother I know falls into this category. Not a baby mama among them.

Are you not meeting educated, professional women at all?
I was talking a rare situation where the variables are there and I like the person. That is all.

I'm meeting educated professional women who: are taken, I'm turned off by otherwise, or want nothing to do with me romantically. This particular woman is educated and intelligent and I know already she embraces a big part of my life which is music and a particular artist.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Didn't you say this the last time you left a single mom in the middle of a meal?
Thanks for reminding me of that because I had forgotten about it. You are indeed correct and because I handled that situation poorly I apologized to her.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:56 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Thanks for reminding me of that because I had forgotten about it. You are indeed correct and because I handled that situation poorly I apologized to her.
You apologized to her just now?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
You apologized to her just now?
No, this happened a while back. Like a day after it happened I apologized.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I'm with the others. Walking out of a date twenty minutes in is in no world respectful.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:13 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Didn't you say this the last time you left a single mom in the middle of a meal?
Yes, as soon as he found out she had a child he walked out without a word I believe.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:21 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I was talking a rare situation where the variables are there and I like the person. That is all.

I'm meeting educated professional women who: are taken, I'm turned off by otherwise, or want nothing to do with me romantically. This particular woman is educated and intelligent and I know already she embraces a big part of my life which is music and a particular artist.
I am sorry to keep harping, but I am trying to understand you here, and to get you to understand yourself better. You flat out stated that you wanted nothing to do with single moms, period. It had nothing to do with the age of their child, the involvement of the father or the attractiveness of the woman. Just no, no kids.

I understand that your mind has changed because of a particular woman (and that is GREAT!) but doesn't that make your earlier pronouncement exceedingly prejudicial? You painted every single mother you have never met with the same brush--the stereotype of bad-boy-dating babymamas with drama.

I think it would be good for you to really examine your biases and bigotry more closely in other areas of your life. Being more open to people and their particularities could be a good step to help you heal from your past.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:21 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
If you like her enough you wouldn't be able to help it. You'll find yourself drawn to her without logical explanation. Only time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships