Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 09:30 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeNSoCal View Post
Looks are subjective; one persons 10 may be another persons 7.
That's wins hands down mate as it can't be argued or toyed with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 09:34 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Nope, can say I've rated myself higher than below average to so-so average @best.

I'm not delusional. I own quite a few mirrors, thank you.
Please, you are a very handsome dude.

And, nope, I've actually probably underestimated how attractive I am.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:28 AM

302 posts, read 230,430 times
I think people who obsess about a scale are insecure. Honestly I really don't think about it. I am either attracted to someone or not.

The picture posted of the guy upthread is very attractive, however he could open his mouth and be obnoxious, arrogant, rude or unappealing.

For me there has to be substance to back up a handsome guy or I'm really not interested. I don't care how good looking he is.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:51 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I mean, even though I see myself as a 7, once in a while a 9 guy will show interest in me. So yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But generally speaking, I can reasonably get with a 7 rated guy. Generally within the 6-8 range, most of the time.
Well, according to some, most people tend to date people within two points of their own attractiveness "rating." So a "9" can date a "7," and a "7" can date a "5." For those who put a lot of weight on an attractiveness scale this seems to be how it's used.

In any case, I've dated men who most would deem less attractive, but I was attracted to them, and that's what mattered.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:00 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Guess what OP? You don't deserve anything.

You earn it.

x100 because we are talking about people.

I suspect you will be single awhile longer.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-01-2016, 11:17 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how do you "rate" guys on the 1-10 scale? Is this a common standard that you and your peers agree upon?

Would this fellow rate a 9 or 10 in your book?

If you consider yourself a 7 and have no problem bagging other "7" or "8" guys, I fail to see what the issue is, except that you've yet to secure a long-term relationship. In that case, forget about looks and focus on personality and companionship. If that's not your cup of tea, that's perfectly fine too. It's up to you to determine what your priorities are.

Just be glad you're not 49 years old who could stand to lose 20 or 30 pounds...lol.
I think Zac Effron is gorgeous in a very "pretty" sort of way with his bone structure and refined features. I also think Gerard Butler is very handsome in a rugged way with less refined features.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:37 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,151 times
With the advent of tinder, instagram and other social media, the amount of positive attention even the most average woman receives is obnoxious.

Of course it inflates sense of self.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:55 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Regardless, placing a person a numerical scale is ridiculous and trying to justify it is even worse.

That's no way to go about life and just screws everything up.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I mean, even though I see myself as a 7, once in a while a 9 guy will show interest in me. So yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But generally speaking, I can reasonably get with a 7 rated guy. Generally within the 6-8 range, most of the time.
Stop doing this ^^^. For real. Your mirror doesn't have an indicator arrow. It's all in your head, and that's where the problem is.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:10 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Stop doing this ^^^. For real. Your mirror doesn't have an indicator arrow. It's all in your head, and that's where the problem is.
There's a term for it but it escapes me. It's like when a body builder looks in the mirror and sees himself as small but the rest of the world sees him as huge. Or a model seeing herself as fat, but in reality is perfectly fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships