Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 05:31 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Sometimes, you just need to hope to meet a nice woman with poor vision.

http://youtu.be/MCkwjSWe8B8
Contrary to what some believe we don't all have eyes in the back of our head. Case in point... I once walked up to my mom and told her I'd lost some weight. She looked up from her magazine, smiled and said, no darling it's not lost... It was right behind you all of the time.
If anyone in that video had poor eye sight.. It was her husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 09:19 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Why do these threads stay opened after the OP has been banned?

Old 07-07-2016, 10:53 PM

114 posts, read 92,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I generally agree however........

If you go regularly you will start to see people regular and then it's usually a nod to say hello, then you'll end up complimenting/commenting each other on your workouts and before you know it you are having full blown conversation about anything and everything....

So no it's not wise or smart to try and randomly approach them as you'd get told to sod off! lol, but it's very possible and probable that in time you'll be in a position to ask one out or even get asked out

It solely depends on how you look at it and approach the situation
Exactly, I go to the same class everyday and I know almost everyone in it. Unfortunately ALL the cute guys are taken...

Lol

Old 07-07-2016, 11:50 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGirl144 View Post
Exactly, I go to the same class everyday and I know almost everyone in it. Unfortunately ALL the cute guys are taken...

Lol
Even I'm taken

But I wasn't when I was 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Where were you?

Old 07-08-2016, 03:35 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
If a guy gets a cute girl, he's attached at the hip...i can't tell you how many girls i see in places like starbucks who i say to myself "she's not bad, i'd date her" and then 3 seconds later, some guy appears out of nowhere to give her a hug or hang out with her....every time, no fail, if the girl is attractive, some guy is lurking nearby watching her like a hawk.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:12 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,055,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
If a guy gets a cute girl, he's attached at the hip...i can't tell you how many girls i see in places like starbucks who i say to myself "she's not bad, i'd date her" and then 3 seconds later, some guy appears out of nowhere to give her a hug or hang out with her....every time, no fail, if the girl is attractive, some guy is lurking nearby watching her like a hawk.

Yup Yup.

When you're in love with a beautiful woman
- you watch her eyes
- you look for lies
everybody tempts her
everybody tells her
She's the most beautiful woman they know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gutSCU4-3Q

Old 07-08-2016, 10:28 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I have nothing to add, wouldn't dare even try, but this is one of the funniest threads I've read.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-10-2016, 12:43 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post
which proves my theory that women, especially young American women, do care about looks and have pretty high standards for also everything else, such as personality, intelligence, financial stability, etc. They want the full package. So, yeah maybe the girls that I'm attracted to have even higher standards than I do and they are waiting for a guy who looks and has money like Thor.

I find it hypocritical how if women feel they are entitled to the best men, somehow, that is ok, but if
a regular joe feels like he deserves the best, somehow, he is wrong, and should settle down for less
. This is society for you, women can get away with all these things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post
Even if you have good looks and money, this doesn't guarantee that the woman will be interested in you, let alone, that she is single, but being both attractive, having money and popularity, will massively increase your chances, when you finally meet someone who is both attracted to you and single.

that is the main problem, finding that person

I know for a fact, there are many women out there, who would both be attracted to me and single, and they are a minority, and is basically impossible to find them, i wish i had a radar or something

Wow.

I can't believe I have read through the W H O L E thread, now addressing certain points. I read through these topics sometimes due to the psychological nature of it. I know the OP has left the scene, but just to say how I thought he said he was "above average looking", coming off a certain way and in time, appearing to take on a lesser stance as a "regular joe". How "many women would be attracted to him", but the ones he likes being "in the minority" and are "just unable to locate".

It is amazing how the kinds of statements seen in this topic have been seen commonly on CD. It is interesting how much the same outlook and approach exists. (Or maybe what contributes is having some posters with different accounts, saying the same things). It appears not all men have these issues, having a more balanced, realistic outlook about life and women, yet this other attitude is seemingly too common. Many times, words or phrases such as "getting" or "deserving" the "best ones", "settling for less", "high standards", will surface.

Also, the notion that (all) women have the same outlook or criteria in seeking a man. As far as I know, I think women mostly do not feel "entitled" at all, just seeking men who are compatible with them, who possess positive characteristics they appreciate, and yes, something appealing about them physically, but everyone has their own tastes.

I feel sorry for those who have such a limited point of view, not only being hung up on one aspect of a woman, but not understanding how it won't matter how great looking anyone is - male or female - since if they are heavily flawed on the inside, it won't be any good, anyway. Both attractive people or not can be good people and worth knowing - or not.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:10 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
Relationships don't last if a guy isn't physically attracted to the girl. It would inevitably end badly so he's actually doing them a favor. Plus, women only care about money. How else to explain six figure incomes being the norm for dating requirements on sites like Match.com. Women are just as shallow as men, probably moreso because a guy would date a girl he's physically attracted to even if she worked at McDonalds. He wouldn't care how much money she was making.
All of this is ridiculous ..and juvenile. There may be women who expect a man to have this sort of income, but is only likely from a type of female that (some) men will gravitate to, so it goes with the territory. And a man not caring what income a female is making, even if she works at McDonald's.. well, no - as long as she is a young, hot girl.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
Yup Yup.

- you watch her eyes
- you look for lies
everybody tempts her
everybody tells her
She's the most beautiful woman they know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gutSCU4-3Q
i will counter that with this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfkJCyqCBc

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships