Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 10:25 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,326,223 times

Advertisements

No matter how old you get, OP, there will always be extremely attractive college women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 10:47 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,615,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
Believing you're a loser is a great way to make certain that you actually are a loser.
That was my thoughts as well.

We need to sell ourselves, even if subtlety we need to sell ourselves, dogging on the product doesn't move product.

Need to upsell, that's a good way to get ahead, not telling the world what a piece of crap the widget you're peddling is.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,813,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
When I was in college, there were tons of extremely attractive girls in my school. Many of them were way prettier than Hollywood actresses.

But I didn't date any of them because I couldn't attract them.

And now I'm a middle-age guy who is still single.

Let's face it, there are plenty of attractive women, just like there are plenty of luxury cars. We old single guys remain single because we are unattractive. We drive Honda because we can't afford Lexus.

Even the least attractive people want attractive partners, that's why there are no dearth of 40-year-old virgins who can't get laid.
oh boo hoo, you cant find a girl so you remain single. this sounds like you at this point;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

now put your big boy pants on, and go talk to these lovely ladies. use some self deprecating humor and get them laughing. once you get women laughing, they relax around you, and you can get them to go out with you.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:17 PM

579 posts, read 555,106 times
If someone preserves their looks they should look pretty much the same at 30 as they did at 20. 40 and 20.. Now, that's when you start to notice some changes, but there are still attractive women at 40. I follow a female comedian who is 40-something and she is still gorgeous and actually even prettier than some younger women. I know that's rare but still. i don't like this thread because it seems to alienate the "older" crowd.. Even though 30 isn't even old.. Sigh

Old 07-10-2016, 03:49 AM

733 posts, read 602,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
If someone preserves their looks they should look pretty much the same at 30 as they did at 20. 40 and 20.. Now, that's when you start to notice some changes, but there are still attractive women at 40. I follow a female comedian who is 40-something and she is still gorgeous and actually even prettier than some younger women. I know that's rare but still. i don't like this thread because it seems to alienate the "older" crowd.. Even though 30 isn't even old.. Sigh
I'm pretty old now, so I have no problem with relatively older women. Actually, I don't think I'm compatible with girls in early 20s anymore.

But women over 40? No. I want to get married and have my own kids. A woman's fertility drops dramatically around the age of 35.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:08 AM

579 posts, read 555,106 times
Quote:
I'm pretty old now, so I have no problem with relatively older women. Actually, I don't think I'm compatible with girls in early 20s anymore.

But women over 40? No. I want to get married and have my own kids. A woman's fertility drops dramatically around the age of 35.
To be fair a woman's fertility drops "dramatically" moreso after 40, not 35. It kinda depends on the woman as well. Some women are more fertile than others up until menopause. My mother had me at 35 and another child at 39. She didn't have a problem conceiving and didn't use fertility treatments or anything.I think a woman's hormones and overall health make a difference at that age.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:40 AM

102,179 posts, read 107,754,292 times
Quote:

This type of attitude is probably part of your problem. Women have been having kids well into their 40's for decades, OP. I remember reading about something called the "double baby boom" in the 80's, where 20-something women in that decade were having kids, but baby boomers in their 30's and early 40's also were having kids, so two generations of women were having kids at the same time. The media was reporting the older-mother phenom as a growing trend at that time. And guess what? The trend hasn't stopped.

You're not fooling anyone when you try to justify limiting your choices to a certain demographic by claiming biological limitations.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:45 AM

102,179 posts, read 107,754,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
To be fair a woman's fertility drops "dramatically" moreso after 40, not 35. It kinda depends on the woman as well. Some women are more fertile than others up until menopause. My mother had me at 35 and another child at 39. She didn't have a problem conceiving and didn't use fertility treatments or anything.I think a woman's hormones and overall health make a difference at that age.
Yup. I've known a couple of very youthful women who had kids at 50 and 51, without any treatments or anything. They both looked like incredibly fresh-faced college students, too. Both late-in-life kids were the result of a new marriage at that age, and the guy in each case wanted a child with his new bride, so the women obliged. Both of these women were the type who absolutely thrived on pregnancy, though; the kind who got high off the natural hormonal cocktail that comes with that.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This type of attitude is probably part of your problem. Women have been having kids well into their 40's for decades, OP. I remember reading about something called the "double baby boom" in the 80's, where 20-something women in that decade were having kids, but baby boomers in their 30's and early 40's also were having kids, so two generations of women were having kids at the same time. The media was reporting the older-mother phenom as a growing trend at that time. And guess what? The trend hasn't stopped.

You're not fooling anyone when you try to justify limiting your choices to a certain demographic by claiming biological limitations.
"Most women hit their fertile peak between the ages of 23 and 31, though the rate at which women conceive begins to dip slightly in their late 20s. Around age 31, fertility starts to drop more quickly — by about 3 percent per year — until you hit 35 or so. From there, the decline accelerates."

Fertility 101 - WebMD
Fertility 101

Old 07-10-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I'm about 30, I'm okay with someone slightly older than me, but not someone that old.

My mom is in her early 50s, and I have to consider 40-something woman because I am desperate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships