Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 11:54 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Usually if a guy gets to date 3 and there isn't even a serious attempt to kiss, the girl will clearly think there is an issue and it's time to move on. It's one thing to take it slow, but it's something else entirely to be stuck moving at a glacial pace. She doesn't want another friend, she wants to date the guy. If the kiss is a dud and it doesn't work out, fine, but why waste weeks or months trying to figure out if there is any chemistry at all? There is a huge gulf between sex and a kiss.

I also agree that there needs to be some effort to personalize the dates beyond the generic date activities. If the OP likes to do X and Y activities, then see if the date enjoys them. That's essential to figuring out whether there is a spark. If the woman doesn't like any activities the OP enjoys, it may be time to move on.
There are some women that actually enjoy these types of 'soft' guys who are too afraid to make any real moves.

These women are bored and looking to have fun on some guy's dime without having to worry about a relationship. These types are more than happy to keep the guy guessing.

I wonder if the OP is continuing to pay for these activities all by himself. These activities aren't exactly cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 12:26 PM

50 posts, read 55,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
There are some women that actually enjoy these types of 'soft' guys who are too afraid to make any real moves.

These women are bored and looking to have fun on some guy's dime without having to worry about a relationship. These types are more than happy to keep the guy guessing.

I wonder if the OP is continuing to pay for these activities all by himself. These activities aren't exactly cheap.

I am. On the first date she offered to help out for the dinner, which I found odd. I'm going to make my move as far as kissing her on the next date.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:33 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangroush View Post
I am. On the first date she offered to help out for the dinner, which I found odd. I'm going to make my move as far as kissing her on the next date.
It's good you paid and am paying for the dates mate...... It goes along way

Only when you are 1000% sure go for the kiss..... It sounds obvious I know but most don't realise how the timing is crucial

Old 07-04-2016, 12:38 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangroush View Post
How to Kiss a Girl for the First Time and Not Screw Up

Old 07-04-2016, 01:25 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
On a first date?
And why not? Because it isn't a way to date? according to who? is there some standard operating procedure when it comes to dating?

Ive had women throughout my dating years 'insist' on staying in, making a meal and watching Netflix. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It amazes me that people cant figure out what to do when it comes to dating. I mean, whats next.... coming on here to ask what to do on the fourth, fifth, 8th date? c'mon people, Lol.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
And why not? Because it isn't a way to date? according to who?

Ive had women throughout my dating years 'insist' on staying in, making a meal and watching Netflix. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It amazes me that people cant figure out what to do when it comes to dating. I mean, whats next.... coming on here to ask what to do on the fourth, fifth, 8th date? c'mon people, Lol.
Mate can you clarify please when you mentioned Netflix and chill was that sex or actually watching Netflix and chilling?

Old 07-04-2016, 01:39 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
And why not? Because it isn't a way to date? according to who? is there some standard operating procedure when it comes to dating?

I'm with you on that. And the no sex on the first, second or third date? Bahahaha. And if there was honest to goodness chemistry, it started with a kiss, but that was after having built a rapport and developed a sense of the person.

My husband and I kissed at the beginning of our first date. Like when we hugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mate can you clarify please when you mentioned Netflix and chill was that sex or actually watching Netflix and chilling?
It means sex.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:49 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'm with you on that. And the no sex on the first, second or third date? Bahahaha. And if there was honest to goodness chemistry, it started with a kiss, but that was after having built a rapport and developed a sense of the person.

My husband and I kissed at the beginning of our first date. Like when we hugged.

It means sex.
Yeah, that's funny, Lol.

I absolutely put no pressure to have sex on any date, but like you said about 'honest to goodness chemistry' (if its there) difficult to avoid what happens next.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:

It means sex.
Read a couple of pages back.... LOL

I knew so but someone who doesn't know what it means owes me an apologie!

But as ever thanking you love

Old 07-04-2016, 02:14 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:

This is all well and good but has no bearing on the OP's question. He has been quite clear that he's not looking for sex by date 3. What any of us has done in our relationships doesn't answer his questions about date ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships