Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 12:03 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by free.spirit View Post
God, haven't we answered this yet???? Sorry OP, having a hard time believing this is sincere!
This like most stuff on CD isn't real life... Do you really know this many man wimps in real life???? LOL....
I don't... most men I know are men.... not little boys......

Old 07-04-2016, 12:08 AM

302 posts, read 230,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This like most stuff on CD isn't real life... Do you really know this many man wimps in real life???? LOL....
I don't... most men I know are men.... not little boys......
True so true!

Old 07-04-2016, 12:12 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.spirit View Post
True so true!
I have a buddy, he's a fire marshal captain, another guy is a truck driver, I'm a techie type......

None of us hate women, none of us abuse women, none of us abuse anything, none of us make fun of anyone that has young love.

Young love... it's a beautiful thing, it's a young thing......

Last edited by Chowhound; 07-04-2016 at 12:32 AM..

Old 07-04-2016, 12:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have a buddy, he's a fire marshal captain, another guy is a truck driver, I'm a techie type......

None of us hate women, none of us abuse women, none of use abuse anything, none of use make fun of anyone that has young love.

Young love... it's a beautiful thing, it's a young thing......
It's a time wasting obsession after it has passed......

Old 07-04-2016, 12:19 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic2 View Post
Its commonly said you always have a sweet spot for your first love/teen love. And it hurts to think she got to experience her youth and innocence with this boy and that she will always have an unconditional soft spot for him, no matter how old whe gets, she will always think those memories were sweet. Because they were just kids and they got to experience their youth with each other and live out their fantasies with each other.

However, we met as adults, so I dont have that unconditional special place in her heart. And she is my first love. If I screw things up, she will look back in either bitterness or indifference. However, with him, it is "bittersweet"
You are romanticizing first love a bit here. Past is the past, live in the present - she is with you now,
if she were still in love with him, she would be with him - not you....so don't torture yourself. There is no reason!

Old 07-04-2016, 12:49 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
You are romanticizing first love a bit here. Past is the past, live in the present - she is with you now,
if she were still in love with him, she would be with him - not you....so don't torture yourself. There is no reason!
I don't know why anyone would want to be their partner's first for anything. When I think of my man, I want to be his last, not his first. Isn't that what anyone wishes for when they build a new life entwined with someone they love - for that commitment to last for the rest of their lives?

Old 07-04-2016, 06:30 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I recommend talking to a professional before seriously getting involved with someone

Old 07-04-2016, 07:55 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic2 View Post
So you agree that young love is sweeter then? And you look at teen romance more fondly than past adult romances?

That pretty much confirms it.

That is why i cant overlook the fact she has had a teen love in her past. Because she will always look back in some fondness, especially because she was innocent and "jaded" as you said.
Hahaha - out of ALL these responses you managed to find one that is lukewarm to your hypothesis and that's what you jump on.

Look - it is painfully obvious that you are still heavily impacted by your parents supposedly running off with their "first loves". I say supposedly because children rarely get the full story of their parents' past as it is the parents who get to tell it as whatever they want. You've been damaged however...so, why did you marry someone who had an early "experience" that you feel you can never get past?

You're crazy...and you're going to ruin your marriage with your crazy notions that she can do nothing to refute because you won't listen to logic. REPEAT - your marriage is doomed if you keep believing this.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Hahaha - out of ALL these responses you managed to find one that is lukewarm to your hypothesis and that's what you jump on.

Look - it is painfully obvious that you are still heavily impacted by your parents supposedly running off with their "first loves". I say supposedly because children rarely get the full story of their parents' past as it is the parents who get to tell it as whatever they want. You've been damaged however...so, why did you marry someone who had an early "experience" that you feel you can never get past?

You're crazy...and you're going to ruin your marriage with your crazy notions that she can do nothing to refute because you won't listen to logic. REPEAT - your marriage is doomed if you keep believing this.

I asked a question on another forum site.

I asked
"Is teen romance/young love the sweetest?"

One guy replied,

"Lol at these people saying no. Being 15 16 17 and ****ing like jackrabbits. Dat dere lust. Some of the best years of my life. We in our 20s Joe time to be a big man make money get a job. Back then nothing mattered. Dat dere innocence"

--

That is the perspective I see it. So I was trying to see if others saw it the same way. I am basically probing to see if others have the same mindset.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:53 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboyy21 View Post
I asked a question on another forum site.

I asked
"Is teen romance/young love the sweetest?"

One guy replied,

"Lol at these people saying no. Being 15 16 17 and ****ing like jackrabbits. Dat dere lust. Some of the best years of my life. We in our 20s Joe time to be a big man make money get a job. Back then nothing mattered. Dat dere innocence"

--

That is the perspective I see it. So I was trying to see if others saw it the same way. I am basically probing to see if others have the same mindset.
I'm sure plenty of people look back on their teens with rose-colored glasses, but come on. Not everyone thinks this way. Go find a woman who hated her high school bf after they split and quit obsessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships