Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 12:37 PM

10 posts, read 6,340 times

Advertisements

Its commonly said you always have a sweet spot for your first love/teen love. And it hurts to think she got to experience her youth and innocence with this boy and that she will always have an unconditional soft spot for him, no matter how old whe gets, she will always think those memories were sweet. Because they were just kids and they got to experience their youth with each other and live out their fantasies with each other.

However, we met as adults, so I dont have that unconditional special place in her heart. And she is my first love. If I screw things up, she will look back in either bitterness or indifference. However, with him, it is "bittersweet"

Old 07-03-2016, 12:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
I have to disagree. I have no sweet spot for my first love. At all. My sweet spot is for my current honey, because he is everything I want and need. My first love was a mess.

I have never heard of an unconditional soft spot. Do guys really think like this? I'm a woman, and this way of thinking seems very bizarre to me.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
stop torturing yourself about this. what is past is past, what you need to do is look to the future.

the very first thing you have to do is relax and take things as they come. do not push her into anything she doesnt want to do.

as for not having a special place in her heart, that is quite wrong. everyone, male or female, keeps their past loves in special places. they always look back on past loves, and can always find the good in any relationship. so unles you screw things up very badly, like say you beat her for a year before you two break up, or if you do something similarly stupid and sleep with her best friend or sister, then when the relationship ends, as all do, then when she does look back, she will have happy memories to look back on, not bad ones.

so relax and let this relationship flow, and do your best to try to make her happy.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I have to disagree. I have no sweet spot for my first love. At all. My sweet spot is for my current honey, because he is everything I want and need. My first love was a mess.

I have never heard of an unconditional soft spot. Do guys really think like this? I'm a woman, and this way of thinking seems very bizarre to me.
Not in general no .... Well I don't as such

I've got great great great memories of course as well as a few bad ones so..... No particular soft spot

OP you are well overthinking about this and in my opinion worrying about nothing , she's with YOU now and that's for a reason ..... That's ALL you have to think about

Old 07-03-2016, 01:04 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Many people have great memories of past relationships. They are in the past for one reason or another.

She is with you now.... that is all that matters.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:05 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
You didn't have a "young love" also??

Old 07-03-2016, 01:12 PM

10 posts, read 6,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Many people have great memories of past relationships. They are in the past for one reason or another.

She is with you now.... that is all that matters.

But isnt the first love (or the high school sweetheart) the sweetest and most special one?

Old 07-03-2016, 01:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic2 View Post
But isnt the first love (or the high school sweetheart) the sweetest and most special one?
Not for all..... It's only " special " because it's the first mate.

As you get older, wiser and meet more and more that are better looking, better matches, etc etc then more often than not are more special

Old 07-03-2016, 01:16 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Actually, that was my worst one... I prefer not to relive that one.

Fortunately, all of the relationships afterwards were all special to me in my own way. Many of them are still friends of mine today.

I firmly believe that people are in part made up of past experiences. Your partners is who she is right now because of her past experiences.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:16 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
No. Not by a long shot.

Is she your first girlfriend???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships