Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 09:48 AM

472 posts, read 438,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Fair enough.

The fact is, you probably aren't going to have any success online anyway.
You said the same thing to another poster about OLD. Is that your blanket statement because you don't believe OLD works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:50 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
How would/do they sense it?
I could list all the reasons, but that would take too long. Basically, they will just see it in everything you do and say.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
You said the same thing to another poster about OLD. Is that your blanket statement because you don't believe OLD works?
OLD works, but only for a certain percentage of the population of guys. You and the other poster I said that about are much the same. You don't fit the profile of the type of guy that is successful with OLD and I really don't think it will work for either of you.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
OLD works, but only for a certain percentage of the population of guys. You and the other poster I said that about are much the same. You don't fit the profile of the type of guy that is successful with OLD and I really don't think it will work for either of you.
Why though? Because you think we're ugly or something else?

Old 07-22-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Why though? Because you think we're ugly or something else?
Women have very little to go by on a dating site, so looks, height, and other external attributes are much more important there. You are not exceptionally good looking, nor are you tall, so you have a disadvantage to start with.

You also don't seem to have interests that would attract women, so it's going to be hard to make up for your lack of exceptional physical attributes by things in your profile.

To tell you the truth, I don't think you are going to have much luck in any realm until you start to make changes in bettering yourself in ways that are also going to be attractive to women.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:00 AM

My parents (my mom specifically) is pushing me to get involved with OLD. My older, married sister as well. They seem to think me joining it would lead to meeting someone and in turn, improve my mood and desire to do things like work out because, their words, I would have someone for whom to care about and improve for.

I have even told my sister that girls don't seem to like me and her response was that that's not true because her friends like me.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Women have very little to go by on a dating site, so looks, height, and other external attributes are much more important there. You are not exceptionally good looking, nor are you tall, so you have a disadvantage to start with.

You also don't seem to have interests that would attract women, so it's going to be hard to make up for your lack of exceptional physical attributes by things in your profile.

To tell you the truth, I don't think you are going to have much luck in any realm until you start to make changes in bettering yourself in ways that are also going to be attractive to women.
What interests would attract women?

Old 07-22-2016, 10:04 AM

I sent you a message about some free podcasts that I think would help anyone in the dating/relationship realm. I'm already pretty successful in relationships and I learned a lot from them. Apparently I can't name them on the forum without them getting deleted. I guess that is against the rules.

I think if you check them out with an open mind, you will learn way more than what anyone here can tell you about what you are trying to accomplish.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I sent you a message about some free podcasts that I think would help anyone in the dating/relationship realm. I'm already pretty successful in relationships and I learned a lot from them. Apparently I can't name them on the forum without them getting deleted. I guess that is against the rules.

I think if you check them out with an open mind, you will learn way more than what anyone here can tell you about what you are trying to accomplish.
Is there a specific order in which I should listen to them?

Old 07-22-2016, 10:07 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,257 times
Quote:

Oh gawd, please don't tell me you sent him some PUA bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships