Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:36 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,499 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about my social life lately. I'm not sure how to put this without sounding like I'm putting myself down but here goes...
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I'm not the dullest either. I try to stay abreast of current events but I also find the news depressing so I limit how much I watch. Its almost like if I slip up and say something smart they gasp under their breath a little.
One of my favorite tv shows is still The Golden Girls. Whenever I tell guys this like clockwork the first thing they do is laugh and say "that's who you remind me of...Rose!" Then I'll get upset and they'll say "no your nativity is cute." I'm 32!
Another thing is that these guys want to sleep with me but aren't usually trying to pursue anything serious as we get older. Reading this back is really embarrassing so please don't go to hard on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 07:39 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Is this 1985? Who uses the term "bimbo" anymore?

Old 07-07-2016, 07:42 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Excuse me. What what is the correct / modern term?

Old 07-07-2016, 07:42 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,705 times
Good point by SD, bu the answer is yes. Everyone has their own strengths

Old 07-07-2016, 07:44 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Flashback to the 80s

Is Rose being used as an example of a "Bimbo" in this context.

No.... I want more out of a partner than an attractive sex object. Someone who can hold a conversation about various topics and even disagree with me.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:46 AM

114 posts, read 92,339 times
You're either too smart or too dumb.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:00 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
I've been thinking about my social life lately. I'm not sure how to put this without sounding like I'm putting myself down but here goes...
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I'm not the dullest either. I try to stay abreast of current events but I also find the news depressing so I limit how much I watch. Its almost like if I slip up and say something smart they gasp under their breath a little.
One of my favorite tv shows is still The Golden Girls. Whenever I tell guys this like clockwork the first thing they do is laugh and say "that's who you remind me of...Rose!" Then I'll get upset and they'll say "no your nativity is cute." I'm 32!
Another thing is that these guys want to sleep with me but aren't usually trying to pursue anything serious as we get older. Reading this back is really embarrassing so please don't go to hard on me.
No you're fine if blokes don't want to take you seriously then that's their loss not yours

Honestly we are all our own biggest critics so I'm sure others look at you differently, I know this because I'm my own worst enemy at times and yes I'm not as confident as I once was, getting fatter by the second, hair slightly receding, don't get the chance to get out and about as much as I used to and most certainly not the sharpest knife in the draw! LMAO.......but yeah it's hard to compare it to what I was once at times

However I'm still very able to attract women and above all confident enough to act on it, so as you are still quite able to attract men I'm CERTAIN you've just not met the right one my love that's all

Again youre fine

Old 07-07-2016, 08:09 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
The Betty White character in Golden Girls wasn't a bimbo. Al Bundy's wife Peg in Married With Children was a bimbo. Not very bright, superficial, lots of curves.

There's a difference between "unengaged" and "stupid". Betty White played stupid and easily manipulated. You don't need to be a news/current events junkie. You need to have some things in your life you have passion for that occupy your time beyond passive things like watching television. It can be anything.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:12 AM

733 posts, read 603,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
https://books.google.com/ngrams/grap...BBIMBO%3B%2Cc0

The term "bimbo" was most popular in 1998.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:15 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
https://books.google.com/ngrams/grap...BBIMBO%3B%2Cc0

The term "bimbo" was most popular in 1998.
Valley girl or bimbo, it's all the same.

I now miss the 90s. 98 was a good year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships