Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 09:54 PM

86 posts, read 82,234 times

Advertisements

I often avoid saying hello or making eye contact. Sometimes I just feel like being in my own world and don't feel like being friendly. I don't owe strangers anything. Just because you value saying hi to every person you meet doesn't mean other people see it the same way.

Get over yourself. You have issues. Do you think the strangers you said hi to are thinking about you right now? I bet they are living their life and thinking about relevant things. Maybe you should too? How about thinking about people you have relationships with? How are those interactions?

Old 07-08-2016, 10:02 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,458,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmandsea View Post
I often avoid saying hello or making eye contact. Sometimes I just feel like being in my own world and don't feel like being friendly. I don't owe strangers anything. Just because you value saying hi to every person you meet doesn't mean other people see it the same way.

Get over yourself. You have issues. Do you think the strangers you said hi to are thinking about you right now? I bet they are living their life and thinking about relevant things. Maybe you should too? How about thinking about people you have relationships with? How are those interactions?
LMAO!! That's a bit rich coming from you after reading your first paragraph......

Old 07-08-2016, 10:07 PM

11,113 posts, read 7,848,534 times
More of an educated guess... After seeing this same old rhetoric a few hundred times right here in downtown CD.
Some self proclaimed gorgeous, nice, friendly guy who is constantly belittled or rejected by some stuck up, daddy issue havin, gold digging s***. Can't even hold a door open without them kicking him in the crotch and yelling at him. One thread comes to mind ... "Nice guy" (so he says) says that when he approaches a woman her first reaction ( or shortly into the exchange) will often pull the b/f card.... " I was just being nice, not trying to hit on her".
Ok... Once, but for this guy it seemed to happen more often than not. ( sound familiar)?
I suspect that it was really just once, but citing " multiple" events ( in their mind) gives credence to their position. All, many, a lot... Adjectives used to bolster their argument that the female gender is mostly screwed up. I'm still waiting for the cliche... " nice guys finish last". LOL

Old 07-08-2016, 10:34 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,218,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InteriorDesign View Post
lol more assumptions

I say hello to everyone, I'm that kind of person, it is irrelevant if it is a girl or an old fart, I was raised that way. It just shows how they think their stuff don't stink. They weren't particularly hot either. The fact that she said hello to the old guy, yet ignored me, proves my theory, that she thinks she is all that and thinks every young guy that says hello, suddenly wants to get in her pants.

Of course, you as a woman, will always side with another woman and blame me for everything lol
You come across as awfully bitter. Maybe that's why people avoid you. You also make a lot of assumptions about what are people are thinking about you. Fact is, most people are just living their lives with little regard for what you may be thinking. So what if there are only 2 other people in the room. You are not the greetings police!

If people ignore you, move on. If they are stuck up, you're certainly not going to change them. Lastly people would need to know you were ignoring them in the first place, otherwise they ain't thinking about you!

Old 07-08-2016, 10:49 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,335,737 times
They're intimidated by your dashing good looks.

I mean, I'd get shy and nervous around a particularly attractive specimen. I even told my husband that I'd totally get all shy and look, but not look, act nervous, if I saw/met him in person. And not because I'm hideous to look at and fear rejection.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:21 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,672,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Creepy vibe... perhaps...
no, he's not talking about that, he's talking about how women purposely don't make eye contact even though it would be a natural thing to make eye contact given the spacial relationship and circumstances of where the 2 people sit, stand or walk in relation to each other.....which means she's going out of her way to not look. girls do it all the time.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,878,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InteriorDesign View Post
lol more assumptions

I say hello to everyone, I'm that kind of person, it is irrelevant if it is a girl or an old fart, I was raised that way. It just shows how they think their stuff don't stink. They weren't particularly hot either. The fact that she said hello to the old guy, yet ignored me, proves my theory, that she thinks she is all that and thinks every young guy that says hello, suddenly wants to get in her pants.

Of course, you as a woman, will always side with another woman and blame me for everything lol
You are the problem.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:29 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,672,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You are the problem.
he's not the one being unsocial.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:34 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,800,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
There's no need to be social with strangers in random public places.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:34 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,458,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
It stands to reason mate.... If people are avoiding him then it MUST be something hes doing or most probably not doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.