Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 10:50 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,143,314 times

Advertisements

For me, since I'm only really looking for hookups and casual flings. There are only three things that really matter when I look at a profile:

1. Pics of course
2. Location. I'd prefer they are within 25 miles or so of me
3. Transportation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 11:28 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,647,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
For me, since I'm only really looking for hookups and casual flings. There are only three things that really matter when I look at a profile:

1. Pics of course
2. Location. I'd prefer they are within 25 miles or so of me
3. Transportation
So, it's not online dating, but online hookups, right? Do women also state they are seeking exactly that, too? What do you say when contacting them? I guess this is less expensive than seeing a hooker, which sounds like it would work as well for you.. or maybe just a blowup doll.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:36 PM

477 posts, read 313,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
So, it's not online dating, but online hookups, right? Do women also state they are seeking exactly that, too? What do you say when contacting them? I guess this is less expensive than seeing a hooker, which sounds like it would work as well for you.. or maybe just a blowup doll.
Oh, please. A lot of people go online for hook ups even those who are also looking to date. Hell, that's pretty all that tinder is about. Just because they do that doesn't mean they want to engage in prostitution or bang sex dolls. Step off your moral high horse.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:34 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,918,756 times
Online dating never worked for me, I got fed up with it after a few tries about a half a decade ago.

Maybe even 6 or 7 years ago by now.

I seemed to actually get more messages on a profile in which I had no picture than on the profile that I had actual pictures on, which started to mess with my confidence. Although I did eventually show real pictures through facebook to one of those girls, but I wasn't attracted to her. She wound up getting upset that I wasn't into her, then sending me nudes, not sure if to bribe me or get me to change my mind or what. And then her randomly texting me that she would leave her door unlocked (she had small children too) if I had changed my mind and wanted to come spend the night with her. Not sure if she would have let me in or not, but I almost regret not doing it, just to see what she would have really done. Her inviting a guy into her home with her children present at 1:30 in the morning, that she had never even met before, that didn't say a lot about her character or self esteem. I've told this story on here before. Then she went on a tirade of texting me how she was going to do what she does best to get over guys, find a guy to randomly hook up with. The whole ordeal was beyond weird. Not sure why she needed to get over me, we never even met and only texted for like a day up to this point!

I had MUCH more luck with messaging women through friendster back in 2003, women who were not even on there for dating. I literally at least got 3 dates/meet ups out of that site. Actually I got 4 dates/meet ups. I'm assuming the one knew I was trying to date her.

The first one I met did not look like she did in pics online. Looked 5-7 years older and almost 100 pounds heavier than her pictures when I met her. Not sure if it was some houdini act pictures, or if they really were from 5 years and 100 pounds earlier. She stopped talking to me after this. Made up a BS excuse that her and her ex were trying to make it work for their kid or something crap, but that I was very nice. Seeing her turned me off probably worse than I turned her off, I can guarantee you that.

Second one, I met and hung out with one time. Then she stopped talking to me after that, except for when I came into her work a few times. Not sure if she just never really liked me, or if I turned her off by not making a move. Which I had no comprehension of at the time that this might indeed turn a girl off.

Third one, I went out with two times. Once to McDonald's (because it was a public place) with her friend and another time to a movie. Gave her a wet fish hug, didn't like her much in person either. I was really pick at the time. She was not as good looking in pictures.

Fourth one was the charm. Dated her for over 5 years and my longest relationship to date.

I got more messages back from using non-dating social media sites than the dating websites.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:24 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,801,517 times
Quote:
Yes, some women do state that upfront. And they're not sex workers. It's just having a casual date and some fun.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:52 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,143,314 times
Quote:
LOL. There's a good chunk of women looking for casual relationships. I approach whoever I find attractive. Send a very appealing and charming message and go from there. It's fun. Just go in and have a blast.

Online dating is only a charade if you suck at it or don't know how to properly message women. For me, online dating is amazing. If you could see the amount of numbers I've accumulated on my phone. You'd lose your mind.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:57 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,918,756 times
Quote:
LOL. There's a good chunk of women looking for casual relationships. I approach whoever I find attractive. Send a very appealing and charming message and go from there. It's fun. Just go in and have a blast.

Online dating is only a charade if you suck at it or don't know how to properly message women. For me, online dating is amazing. If you could see the amount of numbers I've accumulated on my phone. You'd lose your mind.
But do you actually date these women whose numbers you've collected in your phone?

Old 07-12-2016, 01:57 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,478,228 times
Quote:

First bolded part ..... Without a shadow of a doubt mate

Second bolded part....... I'm not one for online but ^^^^ has been my thoughts EXACTLY when blokes moan about it

Overall great post cheers

Old 07-12-2016, 02:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,366,115 times
Quote:
A number of sites and apps explicitly allow you to have it on your profile upfront that you are looking for casual only...no relationships. I someone is upfront about their end goal, what is the problem? People using the site who have different interests can easily avoid those profiles and filter for them.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:55 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,268,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Online dating never worked for me, I got fed up with it after a few tries about a half a decade ago.

Maybe even 6 or 7 years ago by now.

I seemed to actually get more messages on a profile in which I had no picture than on the profile that I had actual pictures on, which started to mess with my confidence. Although I did eventually show real pictures through facebook to one of those girls, but I wasn't attracted to her. She wound up getting upset that I wasn't into her, then sending me nudes, not sure if to bribe me or get me to change my mind or what. And then her randomly texting me that she would leave her door unlocked (she had small children too) if I had changed my mind and wanted to come spend the night with her. Not sure if she would have let me in or not, but I almost regret not doing it, just to see what she would have really done. Her inviting a guy into her home with her children present at 1:30 in the morning, that she had never even met before, that didn't say a lot about her character or self esteem. I've told this story on here before. Then she went on a tirade of texting me how she was going to do what she does best to get over guys, find a guy to randomly hook up with. The whole ordeal was beyond weird. Not sure why she needed to get over me, we never even met and only texted for like a day up to this point!

I had MUCH more luck with messaging women through friendster back in 2003, women who were not even on there for dating. I literally at least got 3 dates/meet ups out of that site. Actually I got 4 dates/meet ups. I'm assuming the one knew I was trying to date her.

The first one I met did not look like she did in pics online. Looked 5-7 years older and almost 100 pounds heavier than her pictures when I met her. Not sure if it was some houdini act pictures, or if they really were from 5 years and 100 pounds earlier. She stopped talking to me after this. Made up a BS excuse that her and her ex were trying to make it work for their kid or something crap, but that I was very nice. Seeing her turned me off probably worse than I turned her off, I can guarantee you that.

Second one, I met and hung out with one time. Then she stopped talking to me after that, except for when I came into her work a few times. Not sure if she just never really liked me, or if I turned her off by not making a move. Which I had no comprehension of at the time that this might indeed turn a girl off.

Third one, I went out with two times. Once to McDonald's (because it was a public place) with her friend and another time to a movie. Gave her a wet fish hug, didn't like her much in person either. I was really pick at the time. She was not as good looking in pictures.

Fourth one was the charm. Dated her for over 5 years and my longest relationship to date.

I got more messages back from using non-dating social media sites than the dating websites.

I've found that I've had fairly good luck using Facebook as an extension to date. I would have at least met them once in person or knew their really close friend quite well. Where online dating didn't seem to work, I found that facebook did work. Nothing lasted the long-run, but it felt like the transition to setting up a date was much easier and far less stressful.

I've went on one date from online dating this year, actually 2, and we both kinda ghosted each other. I drove 54 miles for the first date, which was in our state's university town. The second date we had it at her place, which was 96 miles away from my driveway. When I left to go home, I realized that 96 miles was too far for me to drive for a date. Even though I thought she was cool and fun, the entire thing just didn't seem feasible between the two of us. I didn't text back and she didn't check in either.

The biggest downside to dating in my location is that there's really nothing going on in my town for dating. I noticed that I could get slightly better luck dating further out, but I was seeing myself drifting outwards of 100 miles to get traction. I had previously 2 dates planned 50 miles away to where they both cancelled. It's much easier to date in your own backyard, when you actually have good candidates in your backyard.

I thought about relocating for a little while, but I really enjoy my current career setting and some of the hobbies and friends that I have here. I just have to continue to be patient and if it works out, it works out. I'm willing to wager my dating life on the current happiness my personal life has had as of late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships