Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 10:29 AM

60 posts, read 48,927 times

Advertisements

Have any of your ladies heard of a guy named Matthew Hussey, he's an author, public speaker, supposedly helps man and women, date each other, and others who are already in relationships stay in them and has books on these topics too etc. I saw one of his videos on YouTube and it lead me to a website called 9 Texts to Get The Guy by Matthew Hussey | Get The Guy where he discussed these techniques. Some of the emails I've received came along these lines -

"How To Get A Guy To Notice You At A Party – 5 Simple Techniques..

Why do guys overlook some women and give ALL the attention to others?

If you’re like most women, you probably think that it all comes down to physical beauty. Of course, our looks are always a factor in attraction, but that’s actually just one part of what gets him intrigued by you.

Mod cut: copyright violation. Only post first few sentences.

Click to Watch: How To Get A Guy To Notice You At A Party – 5 Simple Techniques - http://www.gettheguy.co.uk/blog/how-to-get-a-guy-to-notice-you/"

What do you think of this guy? Is he just a scam artist or is he legit?

Last edited by Mikala43; 07-10-2016 at 10:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Is that you Matthew?

Anyways, it isn't a matter of whether these guys are scam artists or legit.

It's whether suckers are willing to fork over money to get tips and ideas on how to attract/date men/women, information that is easily found online for free (or experienced through common sense).

It's not a scam because these people are being upfront about the information they are presenting. Whether it works for people is up to each individual.

Relationship 'experts' are a dime a dozen, especially online where there's no shortage of self anointed experts on how women and men can attract each other. And I'm sure plenty of people pay for this info because they continue to exist.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:10 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Well, certainly it's bound to be baloney. If there really were one set of rules that would invariably "get" the guy or girl it would have been discovered way before now and everybody would already be using it.

I didn't click the link but the fact that it refers to texts doesn't mean it's some entirely new idea either; texting has been around for some time now, and abbreviated or not, communication is communication.

People are all different. There's no "secret formula." Be engaging. Be interesting. Try to look nice. Have a means of support. These things don't change. Beyond that "the guy" will be an individual and there is NO skeleton key that will open him, plus every other guy.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:21 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
I've seen some of his YouTube videos and to me it just seemed like common sense.

I did however like the one video where he was at a speaking event and discussed who should pay for the date(s). Again, it made a lot of sense.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:48 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Blah blah blah....yeah more crud that only serves to cause more issues than it "fixes."

I think people should just figure relationships out on their own....there is less hindrance and confusion.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:34 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
In both of the links referenced in the op, there was good, solid, practical, and actionable advice.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:24 PM

60 posts, read 48,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I've seen some of his YouTube videos and to me it just seemed like common sense.

I did however like the one video where he was at a speaking event and discussed who should pay for the date(s). Again, it made a lot of sense.
And who should pay for the dates? Males or females?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Those guys are scam artists. I get out of bed, I wipe my own butt (TMI I know), I brush my teeth, and I will attempt to get my own dates. These men will set you up for failure.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
He is so cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPK4lqMq0Y

Old 07-11-2016, 08:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
I haven't really watched his videos but it seems like good advice that your mom or dad would give.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBnas-LcG4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships