Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 09:48 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,926,678 times

Advertisements

I actually like what this guy is doing, provided I'm not reading him wrong.

Maybe he doesn't want to come off too needy himself, so he'd rather just see you in person and avoid useless chit chat through text and phone conversations. That way, there's more to talk about when you see him and are together in person.

I know when I first would start dating a girl, I would try to keep the texting and phone communication to a minimum and only to set dates. Now when I was younger, I would text non-stop and call non-stop and therefore I would usually turn all of them off in no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 10:49 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,751,294 times
When you are with him, is he ever on his phone? Does it seem like his responses could be quicker? I was with someone I hardly heard from, but when I was with her in person she was on her phone! She clearly had time to text others, but not me. I was done.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:54 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,751,294 times
Maybe he's one of the few that doesn't have unlimited texting? I would just ask.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:24 AM

10 posts, read 6,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Do you initiate any texts or just wait to hear from him?
Sometimes I initiate texts, sometimes he does. I'm not the type of woman that believes men should make all the effort, while I put in very little.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:27 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,661,469 times
You work together. Is there really any reason to be texting all that often? It just seems like it could get too awkward/obvious if you're texting back and forth with a coworker all day. I was just talking to a former coworker who mentioned that a male coworker thought I asked another male coworker out (I did not) around 5 years ago merely because we were friendly in the workplace. This male coworker had a girlfriend in our department. It doesn't take a whole lot for gossip and rumors to start just because a male and female coworker have an office friendship.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:29 AM

10 posts, read 6,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
When you are with him, is he ever on his phone? Does it seem like his responses could be quicker? I was with someone I hardly heard from, but when I was with her in person she was on her phone! She clearly had time to text others, but not me. I was done.
Nope, we went out for drinks a few days ago and the date lasted from about 5:30 - 11:30 and he didn't check his phone at all. The only time he really picked it up was when he was showing me pictures of a trip he recently took to Asia. Not to say he didn't check his phone at all, I did go to the restroom a couple of times and he did go outside to smoke twice.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:16 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,902,411 times
Another issue that can be solved by a simple conversation.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:33 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,232,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityliving0218 View Post
Is it possible that a man is very interested in a woman but doesn't text her often (1-2 times a week)?

I am currently seeing someone I work with. We work on opposite sides of the building and our jobs are very different and we never have work related communication. We've been out three times and he seems interested when we are together, however, when we aren't together I hardly hear from him and when I do it's usually him asking me to go out with him. When I respond it usually takes him 1-2 hours to reply with a text.

I don't want to come off as needy, so I'm attempting to just go with the flow and not text him. He's 30 and I'm 24, he's very hard to read but if/when I've asked him out in the past he was very receptive and has never turned down an offer from me to spend time together.

Am I reading too far into this or is hearing from someone you're seeing only once-twice a week normal? We've been out three times together but it's only once a week that we spend time together.
Doesnt sound like very interested to me. Maybe slightly interested.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:05 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,523,717 times
I don't think he's looking for FWB or FB, but it does sound like you might be his Plan B. I bet he's dating another woman, too, and he's reaching out to you when she's unavailable or he's bored.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:13 PM

19,693 posts, read 20,213,201 times
You've already been out 3 whole times and he hasn't told you he loves you yet? Jeez, what gives?!?!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships