Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 09:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times

Advertisements

That's been the case more often than not in my life. Lingerie is kind of a waste with some guys.

My husband couldn't give a rat's ass whether I wear VS-style panties or cotton Hanes Her Way from Target, they're just an impediment to be dispensed with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 10:00 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
My husband really likes pretty underwear (on me, not on him) and I wear pretty underwear when I'm feeling, well, pretty.

When I feel bloated or PMS-y or angry or am just having a down day, I don't tend to dress up as much, including what I'm wearing underneath.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:05 AM

I wear what's comfortable.

Sometimes, there is overlap between that and stereotypically "sexy" undergarments. More often, not so much.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:12 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
If you'll notice, the OP doesn't just talk about underwear and mentioned that he is trying to do something other than just coming here to complain.
He also said.
" I have tried doing things such as setting a date for a place where you do typically dress a little nicer but she says she doesn't feel like getting ready"

Old 07-11-2016, 10:14 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If you'll notice, the OP doesn't just talk about underwear and mentioned that he is trying to do something other than just coming here to complain.
He also said.
" I have tried doing things such as setting a date for a place where you do typically dress a little nicer but she says she doesn't feel like getting ready"
This is a good hint that she's perhaps a bit (don't everybody jump on this now) depressed, or at least less interested in life in general than she used to be.

But again, it's just a hint. You don't know and I don't know. Obviously, the OP doesn't know. Only his wife knows. The rest of us can only guess, and that won't help the OP any.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:30 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This is a good hint that she's perhaps a bit (don't everybody jump on this now) depressed, or at least less interested in life in general than she used to be.

It certainly is and she is at a menopausal age when her hormones may be starting to screw up.
It might be worth the OP paying attention to what other changes are/what else she is losing interest in.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:56 AM

67 posts, read 63,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
That's been the case more often than not in my life. Lingerie is kind of a waste with some guys.

My husband couldn't give a rat's ass whether I wear VS-style panties or cotton Hanes Her Way from Target, they're just an impediment to be dispensed with.
Well there is a lot more to it than that. Though while indeed some guys feel that way I am quite the opposite, I find it especially sexy and attractive seeing women with them on. But I am not saying thongs or g strings or crotchless panties which I don't like. She has been wearing I think they are called full coverage briefs and even then they are white or some dull color. Kind of unsexy to say the least.

Even her bras are less "fun" and generic. I do tell her she is beautiful and sexy even without expecting sex, and I do help her with whatever she needs help with.

But she also doesn't really wear any of those cute tops or pants and such she liked to do, she doesn't even wear makeup like she used to. Not that I really care about the makeup but just wanted to share a difference, considering before she would barely go out without making sure she is all done up.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra View Post
Well there is a lot more to it than that. Though while indeed some guys feel that way I am quite the opposite, I find it especially sexy and attractive seeing women with them on. But I am not saying thongs or g strings or crotchless panties which I don't like. She has been wearing I think they are called full coverage briefs and even then they are white or some dull color. Kind of unsexy to say the least.

Even her bras are less "fun" and generic. I do tell her she is beautiful and sexy even without expecting sex, and I do help her with whatever she needs help with.

But she also doesn't really wear any of those cute tops or pants and such she liked to do, she doesn't even wear makeup like she used to. Not that I really care about the makeup but just wanted to share a difference, considering before she would barely go out without making sure she is all done up.
She sounds depressed. Do you have any insight on why that might be?

Old 07-11-2016, 11:00 AM

36,521 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
He also said.
I dont understand if she no longer feels like getting all dolled up why is he wanting to take her to places where she has to get all dolled up.

Sometimes as people age their priorities change. Spending time doing hair and make-up and putting on uncomfortable clothes may just not hold priority anymore. Maybe she just wants to be comfortable.

In old pictures of my parents when they were courting and early in their marriage they were always dressed nice. Dad wore dress pants and a tie and Mom wore Morticia Adams tight skirts and stilettos. I remember watching mom dress for church with her pointy bra, garder and stockings, red lip stick and all the trimmings. By the time they reached 50 their wardrobe was casual, jeans, tennis shoes, etc.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:06 AM

On second thought, I disagree that it necessarily sounds like she is depressed.

Along the lines of the previous post by 2mares, I have to say that, definitely, as one grows up, certain things that were priorities become less so, and not because someone has "given up on life" or similar, but because they simply become more confident in their own skin.

There was a time in my life/youth when the idea of leaving the house with natural hair and a makeup free face was unimagineable, and I would have been horribly self-conscious the entire time and mortified if anybody saw me like that. Flash forward to now, as an adult, when natural hair and no makeup is pretty standard. Not because I'm bummed or have given up caring about looking nice, but because I DO think my skin looks nice au naturel, and my hair is pretty without spending all the time fussing with it.

OP, does it seem to you that your wife's behavioral changes have more to do with a pragmatic acceptance of herself, and does she seem generally happy, or does it seem that she's unhappy/depressed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships