Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 06:55 PM

454 posts, read 310,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
In your experience, if you go to a fairly expensive (but high quality) restaurant and end up with a $200 tab, then go to a classical music concert in a VIP box, then go to a high end wine bar all on a first date, would that "set expectations" for future dates?

I treat myself to these things a few times a year, if I happen to invite a date to join me is it probable that she would expect this on the regular? Would it influence the return on investment she would expect from the time and effort she commits to me?
I don't think that's really the best idea for a first date. Try something lower key that's not so intense. It's more about intensity to me than the $$ though I think it would be good to set expectations a wee bit lower to start with as well. I mean, where do you go from there? How about just going for coffee?

BTW, agreed that looking at this from an ROI standpoint is really the biggest problem here. She's a woman with thoughts and feelings, not a client!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 07:00 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
I don't think that's really the best idea for a first date. Try something lower key that's not so intense. It's more about intensity to me than the $$ though I think it would be good to set expectations a wee bit lower to start with as well. I mean, where do you go from there? How about just going for coffee?

BTW, agreed that looking at this from an ROI standpoint is really the biggest problem here. She's a woman with thoughts and feelings, not a client!
I have a first date on saturday at a coffee spot which is across from the park. So if it things go well there could be a little extension of the date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships