Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 08:08 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,833,960 times

Advertisements

It's been 5 hours now, did you do it? Do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 08:10 AM

24 posts, read 14,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
It's been 5 hours now, did you do it? Do it.
Still unsure. I mean what the hell would I even write??

Also I want to be 110% sure she's actually left the company, would be awkward if I messaged her and it went horribly and then turns out she was with the company the whole time lol.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:16 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,502,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americana89 View Post
So this is where it gets tricky. I've come across her Facebook...
Let me fix this for you...

So this is where it gets tricky. I've Google stalked her and found her Facebook account...

Some people (and companies) take a dim view on this sort of stuff. If you have a little woody for this chick, go and talk to her like a man. Otherwise, maybe leave her the hell alone.

I swear, we deal with children and sicko's around here.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:36 AM

29,457 posts, read 22,419,950 times
Do it.

Indecisiveness is a weakness. Chicks dig alpha guys who are not timid and afraid of their own shadows, guys that seem to be rare around these forum parts.

Keep it simple

Introduce yourself as a guy that used to work in same company as her. Say you happened to come across her profile on Facebook and wanted to see what's up (try to minimize the creep vibe even though it's creepy how you found her).

Do NOT ask her out via FB on your first post. Feel her out first before making wedding plans.

Whatever you decide, please do not stretch this thread out to 6 pages of never ending apprehension and indecisiveness on your part. Either do it or don't do it.

Easy.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:45 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,833,960 times
Quote:
Still unsure. I mean what the hell would I even write??

Also I want to be 110% sure she's actually left the company, would be awkward if I messaged her and it went horribly and then turns out she was with the company the whole time lol.
Yes that would ruin everything to FB with "I see you've left, that's too bad,..." if she hasn't.
Check the company directory. Bigger companies/Govt /Corp sometimes have name recognition if you call the automated type and don't have an extension.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:46 AM

136 posts, read 80,084 times
Just say this: Hey! Someone told me you left the company, and I wanted to find out if it's true or if you are just taking a really long vacation. I always enjoyed seeing you in the break room and will miss your smile.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:18 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,896,359 times
I would!

OP, you only live once. You'll never know unless you reach out.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:25 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,011,888 times
Quote:
I work in the head office of a fairly large company. Over the past several months there was this girl who worked on the other side of the floor who i thought was incredibly attractive. We would always seem to lock eye contact in the kitchen or around the floor, would get a smile from her usually and I could just sense that there was some sort of attraction there. It sounds stupid but I definitely felt a connection with her that I haven't got from other women I've been with (including my ex).

Anyway I had a few opportunities to strike up a conversation with her, but I pussied out and told myself I would do it next time, but I never really got an opportunity like that again.. And now I found out from someone else that she's left the company

So this is where it gets tricky. I've come across her Facebook, and keep debating whether I should just say **** it and send her a message. On one hand I've got nothing to lose really since I'll never see her again if it doesn't go my way, but at the same time it feels dirty/creepy in a way to do that out of the blue. But I don't want this to be the one that got away
Courage is the foundation of all happiness. Just try it without sounding creepy. As in, "I don't know why we never really got to talk, but I wanted to reach out to you on Facebook anyway."

Here's an additional hint. If you connect with someone like that again, just talk to her. Not like she's a freaking fertility goddess or something, but as if she's a real flesh-and-blood person. She'll like you a lot more for being that way than being some moonstruck tongue-tied schlub. Trust me on this.

I need to start charging for this advice.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:51 AM

19,617 posts, read 20,094,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post

So this is where it gets tricky. I've Google stalked her and found her Facebook account...

Some people (and companies) take a dim view on this sort of stuff. If you have a little woody for this chick, go and talk to her like a man. Otherwise, maybe leave her the hell alone.

^ All of this, yes lol

Old 07-14-2016, 11:14 AM

951 posts, read 1,136,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post

Oh please. People here make it sound like they've never googled a person in their lives and that it's a crime if someone else does it. What the OP did is not even stalking (yet ). I use the internet to my advantage all the time like finding out if they're really single, what their facebook posts are like vs. who they are in person, etc. I feel that it gives me the upper hand to see if I want to go ahead with someone or not.

It may feel a little creepy if you message her, but if she is really into you, she wouldn't mind seeing a message from you. Just keep it short and simple. No need to blurt out your dying love for her and that she's the one that got away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships