Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times

Advertisements

Are you really that desperate that you have to FaceStalk some girl than you never even talked to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Let me fix this for you...

So this is where it gets tricky. I've Google stalked her and found her Facebook account...

Some people (and companies) take a dim view on this sort of stuff. If you have a little woody for this chick, go and talk to her like a man. Otherwise, maybe leave her the hell alone.

I swear, we deal with children and sicko's around here.
Can't say I disagree.

He knows zero about her except what he's gleaned from his cyberstalking.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:41 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So you have no choice but to make contact then. It's really not a big deal to contact someone on Facebook. Unfortunately if you aren't friends with them, they may never even see your message since it gets filtered. Just the other day, I discovered that I had a message from 2013 from a guy who I had gone on a few dates with in 2007. I did go ahead and respond three years after the fact and maybe he'll see my response in a few years. lol
I remember messaging a girl back in 2009 on Facebook and being crushed that I got no response.

Then I found out a year later that she never even got the message. That was after I had started talking to her regularly. Apparently my message didn't go through because I wasn't friends with her.

So send her a friend request first. But that could also be weird too. I recently had a friend request accepted that I added from two years ago. And that isn't the first time this has happened either. Although I think if she really likes you, she'll add you right away and won't somehow miss your friend request when it first shows up.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:46 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americana89 View Post
Still unsure. I mean what the hell would I even write??

Also I want to be 110% sure she's actually left the company, would be awkward if I messaged her and it went horribly and then turns out she was with the company the whole time lol.
I said "do it", but I figure if you couldn't even say a simple 'hi' to her in person, there's no way you would send her a message.

Just forget about, guy, you ain't going to do jack, and you know it.

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 07-14-2016 at 01:23 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 01:11 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
"Eye contact"

Old 07-14-2016, 01:14 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I remember messaging a girl back in 2009 on Facebook and being crushed that I got no response.

Then I found out a year later that she never even got the message. That was after I had started talking to her regularly. Apparently my message didn't go through because I wasn't friends with her.

So send her a friend request first. But that could also be weird too. I recently had a friend request accepted that I added from two years ago. And that isn't the first time this has happened either. Although I think if she really likes you, she'll add you right away and won't somehow miss your friend request when it first shows up.
Yeah, we should have the option to turn off that message filter thing because I'm sure it's causing quite a few missed connections. A few months ago, I contacted a guy on Facebook who I had an interest in, but I sent him a friend request first (he accepted) and then I messaged him. We went on a few dates after that but we might not have if my message had gotten filtered. Stupid Facebook!

Old 07-14-2016, 01:17 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I said "do it", but I figure if you couldn't even say a simple 'hi' to her in person, there's no way you would send her a message.

Just forget about, guy, you ain't going to jack, and you know it.
Good job! Now he'll have to prove you wrong. Do it, OP. Do it!!

Old 07-14-2016, 01:28 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Good job! Now he'll have to prove you wrong. Do it, OP. Do it!!
Yes, prove me wrong, OP

The worse that can happen is a response calling him a creepy cyber stalker. But since he had 'eye contact' and established a deep connection (deeper than any other woman) she should be receptive.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
You'll always regret not trying more than trying.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You'll always regret not trying more than trying.
Yep. Not that I have any regrets in that department. But in my salad days there were a few times when I did this and thought to myself, "You idiot! She was dropping major hints!"

And this way, you'll know whether or not it was your imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships