Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:36 PM

8 posts, read 5,019 times

Advertisements

I know this guy for more than two years. At the beginning he was in a reletioonship and we were just friends. I was single and I did my own buisness.
One year ago, while he was still engaged, it happened something and we slept together. Very soon he broke up with his girlfriend and it started a fwb relationship between us. At one point I realised that i was feeling something more about him, so I told him. He told me that he likes me a lot and he spends great time with me but he didn't want anything serious. I accepted this. In fact I knew for sure that he was still sleeping sometimes with his ex girlfriend and also other people. I couldn't be angry for this with him, in fact i didn't. I tried only to explain that i wanted something more and if he didn't we had to end it.

He said "I care about you, maybe things can change, I don't know, I don't know what i want." I said "I can understand you, but if you care about me and don't want anything, do it for me and let me go". Everytime we ended it, he always came back with beautiful words and I, stupid I know, fell into him again.
In all this year I never dated someone else or did anyting with anyone. I refused everybody, respecting my feelings for him. I have always been faithful, even if he repeated to me that I had to do my stuff because that's what he was doing. I gave everything to him, I was kind and careful, i always tried to make clear that he was important to me, I stuck my neck out because i felt to be like that. I justified all of his behaviours, when he didn't answer texts, when he lied or avoid the problem, when he disappeared for long time and then came back as if nothing has happened, when he was with someone else. I was stucked in this and I forgot my dignity because I hoped everytime he came back, things could be different, but no, he didn't change his mind. And everytime he came back, I felt used only for sex and that hurted me a lot.

So, 3 weeks ago, i said to him once for all "This is over. If you want me, tell me, If you don't, let me go." He didn't say anything in these weeks so I convinced myself to stop it.
Last weekend I were at a party and there was him too. I was really drunk, at one point he came to me, I couldn't say no and we had sex. After that I was confused, I felt hurt again and i felt stupid and miserable for falling again. The same night, another guy approached me, I had sex with him too. I know I have done something awful, and I feel horrible about this. The first thing I did was calling him and telling "I slept with someone else after you". He didn't say anything except "the important is that you did after me and not before". The next day i contacted him and told him that i felt awful about what I did, I felt guilty because I love him and I realised this even more after that. That I lied to myself, I believed that I could turn page because he didn't want me, but no, I couldn't. I told him that i realised that i can't do my stuff if we don't end it once far all, even if I should because he always said that he don't want anything from me. I apologied to him. He treated me bad, he told me that i am a s**t and all the feelings that i confess to him in all this time were a lie.

Now I feel that it's all my fault and I can't forgive me. I think that if there was one possibility, I ruined it with this single episode. I really don't know what to do.
Does he have the right to believe that, after this episode, all my feelings are lies and treat me like this? Because I tend to justify him once again, and I can't understand if this is only my problem to solve with myself, or if I actually did something bad to him. I am not proud, to me, of what I did, of course, but if he always said to me he didn't want something more, what's the point of being so bad to me now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 05:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,619,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyrude View Post
I know this guy for more than two years. At the beginning he was in a reletioonship and we were just friends. I was single and I did my own buisness.
One year ago, while he was still engaged, it happened something and we slept together. Very soon he broke up with his girlfriend and it started a fwb relationship between us. At one point I realised that i was feeling something more about him, so I told him. He told me that he likes me a lot and he spends great time with me but he didn't want anything serious. I accepted this. In fact I knew for sure that he was still sleeping sometimes with his ex girlfriend and also other people. I couldn't be angry for this with him, in fact i didn't. I tried only to explain that i wanted something more and if he didn't we had to end it.

He said "I care about you, maybe things can change, I don't know, I don't know what i want." I said "I can understand you, but if you care about me and don't want anything, do it for me and let me go". Everytime we ended it, he always came back with beautiful words and I, stupid I know, fell into him again.
In all this year I never dated someone else or did anyting with anyone. I refused everybody, respecting my feelings for him. I have always been faithful, even if he repeated to me that I had to do my stuff because that's what he was doing. I gave everything to him, I was kind and careful, i always tried to make clear that he was important to me, I stuck my neck out because i felt to be like that. I justified all of his behaviours, when he didn't answer texts, when he lied or avoid the problem, when he disappeared for long time and then came back as if nothing has happened, when he was with someone else. I was stucked in this and I forgot my dignity because I hoped everytime he came back, things could be different, but no, he didn't change his mind. And everytime he came back, I felt used only for sex and that hurted me a lot.

So, 3 weeks ago, i said to him once for all "This is over. If you want me, tell me, If you don't, let me go." He didn't say anything in these weeks so I convinced myself to stop it.
Last weekend I were at a party and there was him too. I was really drunk, at one point he came to me, I couldn't say no and we had sex. After that I was confused, I felt hurt again and i felt stupid and miserable for falling again. The same night, another guy approached me, I had sex with him too. I know I have done something awful, and I feel horrible about this. The first thing I did was calling him and telling "I slept with someone else after you". He didn't say anything except "the important is that you did after me and not before". The next day i contacted him and told him that i felt awful about what I did, I felt guilty because I love him and I realised this even more after that. That I lied to myself, I believed that I could turn page because he didn't want me, but no, I couldn't. I told him that i realised that i can't do my stuff if we don't end it once far all, even if I should because he always said that he don't want anything from me. I apologied to him. He treated me bad, he told me that i am a s**t and all the feelings that i confess to him in all this time were a lie.

Now I feel that it's all my fault and I can't forgive me. I think that if there was one possibility, I ruined it with this single episode. I really don't know what to do.
Does he have the right to believe that, after this episode, all my feelings are lies and treat me like this? Because I tend to justify him once again, and I can't understand if this is only my problem to solve with myself, or if I actually did something bad to him. I am not proud, to me, of what I did, of course, but if he always said to me he didn't want something more, what's the point of being so bad to me now?
I don't know what is malfunctioning in your brain to make you think this way about this guy, but yes, you have done this to yourself.

It's always been over between the two of you. There was never anything of substance between you, and he told you that time after time, yet you still had sex with him.

You need to work on figuring out whatever it is that makes you value yourself so little that you will go back to be used time after time. And do whatever you can to stay away from him.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:46 PM

29,440 posts, read 22,361,743 times
Move on and find someone else.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:10 PM

5,290 posts, read 5,201,225 times
When people tell you what they want, believe them.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:19 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,164,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I don't know what is malfunctioning in your brain to make you think this way about this guy, but yes, you have done this to yourself.

It's always been over between the two of you. There was never anything of substance between you, and he told you that time after time, yet you still had sex with him.

You need to work on figuring out whatever it is that makes you value yourself so little that you will go back to be used time after time. And do whatever you can to stay away from him.
This.

The guy does not love you, nor have any respect for you. He says just enough to keep you on the hook. Why? Because he likes sex, not you.You're no different than any other women he may be sleeping with.

In the end, people treat you how you allow yourself to be treated. If there have been tons of red-flags, and a person has made clear they don't want what you want -you have 2 choices. Leave and find a better match. Or stay, but you have no rights to complain because they told you what to expect.

Not to mention this guy cheated on his fiance with you. Why would you think he'd respect you when he disrespects his fiance whom he's been with much longer than you? Naive on your part.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:53 PM

I knew from the beginning, you're right. In fact, this is not actually my point. What I can't understand is why, after this thing I did, he blamed me and treated me really bad. He told me that I am a bad person and a liar, like if this episode is the reason why he didn't want a relationship. I was not ready to be with someone else, and I acted wrong to me and my feelings, but why does he have to tell me all those bad things? He never wanted anything from me, and I know this, so why be so mean to me? I don't think I deserve it. After how much I tried with him, for a single mistake, he makes me feel like it is my fault.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:09 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,029,785 times
You didn't ruin anything, OP; there wasn't anything to ruin.

He's been baiting you; he wanted you to do this so he'd have an excuse for his behavior.

I know, it sucks; it sounds like you love him but I don't think you are capable, right now, for

seeing him for what he is.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:36 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,007,572 times
It sounds like he's not a very good person. That's why he tried to shame you for doing the same thing he did.

There is some very good advice on this thread already. Do yourself an enormous favor-take it.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:11 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,880,448 times
You must have been treated very badly by one or both of your parents when you were growing up.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You must have been treated very badly by one or both of your parents when you were growing up.
Why do you think that? It's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships