Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 07:15 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Care to put that in a proper sentence so people can understand you?

Do you mean "That is your opinion. Your opinion has no value to me."?

Well, actually, part of my statement that virginity is a social construct isn't really an opinion really, it isn't a medical or scientific construct,. That virginity as a concept is a malleable one is actually a fact, not an opinion, since the definition of the term has changed greatly over time (this is documented), and actually still means different things to different people.

Or were you referring to my statement that there is nothing immoral about two consenting people having sex? Is that what you disagree with?

Your post is quite unclear.
There is a reason you are single.

My point was clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 07:17 AM

214 posts, read 176,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronypride View Post
Why is it so hard for guys, waiting until marriage to have sex? I am a virgin and I am saving myself until marriage to have sexual intercourse. But most if not all guys, can't wait until marriage to have sexual intercourse. They all need it now, and can't wait it out. Why is this?
Don't give up, most guys are jerks anyway. I think what you are doing is great, your future husband is going to be very lucky to find you. I would suggest that you try dating through a church if you go to one, you would be more likely to find chaste men in such a setting.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:20 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Simply because they dont want to. Not everyone feels the way you do about waiting.
Yup.

"Waiting" is something that a lot of people simply do not assign a value to.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:21 AM

214 posts, read 176,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Care to put that in a proper sentence so people can understand you?

Do you mean "That is your opinion. Your opinion has no value to me."?

Well, actually, part of my statement that virginity is a social construct isn't really an opinion really, it isn't a medical or scientific construct,. That virginity as a concept is a malleable one is actually a fact, not an opinion, since the definition of the term has changed greatly over time (this is documented), and actually still means different things to different people.

Or were you referring to my statement that there is nothing immoral about two consenting people having sex? Is that what you disagree with?

Your post is quite unclear.
The concept of virginity is not malleable. You either have had sex or you have not. All of these modern day alternative definitions are nonsense. Now you're just being silly.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
There is a reason you are single.

My point was clear.
In other words, no, you can't articulate your point at all or discuss it intelligently. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeNSoCal View Post
The concept of virginity is not malleable. You either have had sex or you have not. All of these modern day alternative definitions are nonsense. Now you're just being silly.
It is quite malleable. It has been over time, and is in situations. What "sex" is has different meanings to different people, and it has changed over the past several hundred years, and is applied differently to different populations as it is generally an incredibly heteronormative definition (there was a definition that a woman is a virgin until penetrated by a male's penis, that is no longer a definitive definition). Indeed, if one looks at the definitions from the 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, etc one will see significant changes in the definition and how it was applied. So yes, it is malleable.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
There are physical differences involved at times as well, but it is not always an indicator of virginity. I think virginity can be a great thing to save for a partner, most people are too weak to wait until marriage. I would say her future husband would most certainly disagree with your sentiment.
Virginity is a great thing to save for marriage.

Don't worry many people disagree with that virgin.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
ROTFL!!!

The virgin was OWNED!!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:29 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
The concept of virginity is not malleable. You either have had sex or you have not.

Really? Any type of sex? If someone has masturbated or had oral sex than they are no longer a virgin? What about French kissing, cuddling and making out? Does that disqualify a person from being a virgin?

Old 07-18-2016, 07:30 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
What if a person has no interest in marriage? Even if I wanted to get married, I would never have waited. Compatability here is pretty important. A lot of divorces are the result of totally diverging sex drives. As with most things, it's your decision but be prepared for the consequences.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:31 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Is the OP a woman? And is this down to religious beliefs?

Either way it's not important man or woman and again OP I respect your beliefs... However if you are waiting for marriage am I right in thinking that the person you marry has to be a Virgin as well?

Forgive my ignorance but genuinely all ^^^^ is new to me

Cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships