Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 09:31 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Are you a woman?
Asking this again, OP....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 09:33 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,345,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove;44826034[B
]Yes, you have set a condition for dating that is very unpopular, so you should expect the available pool of men that will agree to that condition to be very small[/b]. I understand your choice, but you have to understand that every person has the same rights on this issue. Your choice to abstain from premarital sex may be the correct choice for you, but is incorrect choice to many others. I understand your disappointment, but there are men who are likewise abstaining. I would try to look toward christian groups or other groups that share in resolution against premarital sex. I know that abstention groups exist. Christina Mingle is a dating platform for christians. I am not sure if you are a christian, but if so, or if you would be comfortable dating a christian, this might increase your chances of finding a like minded partner.

I wish you the best of luck. Its a difficult condition to put onto a relationship, but it should not prove impossible to accommodate. I will not get into the private details of what sexual activities you are comfortable with, but that is another area where you and a potential partner might find common ground and still enjoy sexual relations without intercourse.
I agree with all these comments.
Very few men will put up with a condition like that.
It will very likely lead to cheating or ending the relationship.
At least in my area I never met a guy friend who is willing to put up with that.
Good Luck, that a harsh condition even I would fail at.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:34 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
This, and do you work? Live alone or at home?

Old 07-20-2016, 10:12 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
Quote:
bronypride 06/16:
"How many of you live at home with the family, and they tell you even though you have a driver's license they won't allow you to drive? How many of you live at home and do have a driver's license and can drive but you don't work or go to school but are still given permission to drive? Thoughts on this situation."

What is a brony? Boy who likes My Little Pony. The name is a combination of "bro" and "pony," due to the fact that young men in their teens and early 20s make up a high proportion of the online fanbase.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:40 PM

3,052 posts, read 2,922,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
That's good for you but why is that "right". Maybe not you but I have seen/heard quite a few virgins who are saving themselves have a superior attitude…and that is "not" right.

Because in our other relationships, we were not living according to God's word. Intimacy outside of the marriage bond is wrong, according to God's word. We wanted to do it the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's a good answer ..... But unfortunately I can't see a bloke waiting until marriage unless....... He's religious, has no other options or is a virgin as well.
Yeah, we're both religious (though not all religious people wait till then, of course). We were both atheists before though (me for a much longer time than he was), which is why I said we wanted to do something right for once; we believe that intimacy outside of marriage is wrong in the sight of God. My husband though is much older than me, so he's way past that testosterone peak; in fact, I was the one back-sliding and thinking about not waiting. He kept saying to me, "I want to do something right for once!" (He's not one of these holier-than-thou Christians--he'll be the first one to tell you he's had a hard struggle with sin; all of us believers do, if we're honest with ourselves).

Last edited by Basiliximab; 07-20-2016 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-20-2016, 04:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Because in our other relationships, we were not living according to God's word. Intimacy outside of the marriage bond is wrong, according to God's word. We wanted to do it the right way.
Sorry I don't follow.....

" Not living according to gods word " in your previous relationships meaning sex?....

How is that saving yourself for marriage?

Ps I'm not religious so I'm not fully cognisant with the " rules " and don't wish to pry, I genuinely would like to understand it a bit better.

Thank you for your time

Old 07-20-2016, 04:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronypride View Post
Why is it so hard for guys, waiting until marriage to have sex? I am a virgin and I am saving myself until marriage to have sexual intercourse. But most if not all guys, can't wait until marriage to have sexual intercourse. They all need it now, and can't wait it out. Why is this?
Because no guy in his right mind should be willing to promise someone the legal and spiritual ramifications of marriage without knowing what he can expect sexually.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post

Yeah, we're both religious (though not all religious people wait till then, of course). We were both atheists before though (me for a much longer time than he was), which is why I said we wanted to do something right for once; we believe that intimacy outside of marriage is wrong in the sight of God. My husband though is much older than me, so he's way past that testosterone peak; in fact, I was the one back-sliding and thinking about not waiting. He kept saying to me, "I want to do something right for once!" (He's not one of these holier-than-thou Christians--he'll be the first one to tell you he's had a hard struggle with sin; all of us believers do, if we're honest with ourselves).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Sorry I don't follow.....

" Not living according to gods word " in your previous relationships meaning sex?....

How is that saving yourself for marriage?

Ps I'm not religious so I'm not fully cognisant with the " rules " and don't wish to pry, I genuinely would like to understand it a bit better.

Thank you for your time
Edit: Please forget this bottom post of mine as you've answered it above

Thank you for explaining that..... And I'm glad you are happy with your choice

Old 07-20-2016, 05:02 PM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Really? Any type of sex? If someone has masturbated or had oral sex than they are no longer a virgin? What about French kissing, cuddling and making out? Does that disqualify a person from being a virgin?
A virgin is someone that has never had sexual intercourse. Not sure why "virgin" has become such a confusing term.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
A virgin is someone that has never had sexual intercourse. Not sure why "virgin" has become such a confusing term.
Yes but can you please explain what " sexual intercourse " is please?..... Blow by blow account preferred.......

LMFAO!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships