Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 05:34 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

I swear; all the "It's not good for the kids to see you fight so a divorce would be better" crap is wearing on me.

I'm not even convinced that it's NOT good for kids to see their parents fight. Life is not all "Happy Happy Joy Joy"

all the time like some creepy "Barney" show.

Can't you just decide that you will have a fight every now & then (OP did say they don't fight all the time!) but that you

will refrain from calling her a "dumb b***h" & she will refrain from throwing your cell phone (or whatever it is that

makes the fights "so bad")?

I'm not saying this will be easy but who said marriage was supposed to be easy?

Expect her to try to escalate things initially...As a hot-headed woman myself; I will let you in on a little secret:

We DO push a man's buttons on purpose (many here will find that no big surprise).

We make it hard for you to "just walk away" because we will invade your personal space, get in your face & push you

until you "snap".

We ARE happy when that happens because we have gained control of YOU by causing you to lose control.

Then, you will do something that makes you look like an a****le, make us look like a victim & only then will we

back off.

I'm not presuming to KNOW if the OP's wife is like me but it almost sounds that way...

OP; I'm telling you that I got divorced & it hurt my 3 little boys.

They don't remember our fights (well, except for the one where I was picking ramen noodles out of my hair for 2

days!) & they are grown & STILL to this day are upset about us divorcing.

I got married at 17 & we broke up when I was 22. I was growing up & realized that I married the boy that myself as

a girl wanted to instead of a man that me as a woman would have wanted to.

Still NO EXCUSE; We. Had. Kids.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:02 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
I guess that was the Donald Trump in me.. LOL

Either way, I don't care if you or anyone search all my post to prove me wrong, some of you posters have way too much time on your hands.
It's certainly a risk that OP should be cognizant of when making his decision.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:17 PM

93 posts, read 86,738 times
What's with all this "he is destroying the family and is very weak and selfish" crap? If the same post were made by a woman people would be saying "Oh so sorry you married such a horrible guy, divorce his butt and get what you can (ie alimony, child support, assets etc.).

Old 07-20-2016, 07:27 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garchompa View Post
What's with all this "he is destroying the family and is very weak and selfish" crap? If the same post were made by a woman people would be saying "Oh so sorry you married such a horrible guy, divorce his butt and get what you can (ie alimony, child support, assets etc.).
Is this just your default argument here on CD?

Quote:
No real opinion on the dress but I do find it hilarious that we have women here saying things that if a man said to a woman he would be crucified LMAO!!
Quote:
But a man could do something similar while having some other kind of mental disorder or depression or whatever and still be pretty much burned at the stake.
Quote:
This topic is very hypocritical, if it were the other way around women would be saying "Oh, she has her reasons, you just need to be understanding" and "What does it matter? You have lived together without being married as long as it is" etc. etc.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:44 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Quote:
As a lady, I agree with your summation. Double standards .

The OP simply has lost the desire .
So maybe the best way too rekindle it(with effort) is to regroup and start dating the wife. See her in a new light. Change the attitude, and things turn around.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:56 PM

93 posts, read 86,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Is this just your default argument here on CD?
Well, there is quite a bit of hypocrisy here. No matter how much the woman is at fault the guy's a stupid loser for getting with her in the first place, dealing with it, etc. etc. but if a woman posts about how her husband is being a jerk or a bad person they certainly don't get told how they were just stupid for marrying the guy in the first place, tell her to grow a back bone, etc. etc.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
As a lady, I agree with your summation. Double standards .

The OP simply has lost the desire .
So maybe the best way too rekindle it(with effort) is to regroup and start dating the wife. See her in a new light. Change the attitude, and things turn around.
LOL There is nothing simple about the OP's situation.

Also, double standard? You obviously haven't noticed these threads since you've been here:

I am no longer attracted to my husband

Wife snaps at me over the silliest things

My wife's affair???????

Fiancée and I are going to premarital counseling...

Wife cheated on me 8 months into marriage.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Well, there is quite a bit of hypocrisy here. No matter how much the woman is at fault the guy's a stupid loser for getting with her in the first place, dealing with it, etc. etc. but if a woman posts about how her husband is being a jerk or a bad person they certainly don't get told how they were just stupid for marrying the guy in the first place, tell her to grow a back bone, etc. etc.
Stop. I've already disproven this with the previous post. It's apparently just your favorite issue to look for.

You're new here and are simply wrong about this, besides the fact that you're hijacking the thread.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:27 AM

8 posts, read 6,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
Hi all.

This is going to be long so if you don't have the stomach for it, please don't go any further.

I'm 46. My wife is almost 34. We have two children 2 1/2 and 15 months. I've been unhappy for a long time. My wife is just innately not a person I like as a partner.

She is a great mother. I would give her a 9.5 out of 10 as a mother. But as a person/partner for me I would give her a 3. I'm not saying she is a bad person, she doesn't abuse me, cheat( as far as I know) on me, etc. she just possesses qualities in her that are deal breakers for me.

We've been together for 13 years married for almost 10. Why did I marry her? I admit my fault. I thought she was young and she would change. I take full responsibility for me marrying her.

We don't fight much maybe 1-2 month but when we do fight, for me, it's like ww3. She's just not the person for me and some of her character, I totally despise. I think we I stayed for so long because like I said, we don't fight much but when we do, I see characteristics in her that is a complete deal breaker for me.

I've tried to leave her before but she would not accept it and say I'm just mad.

I'm thinking they are really young now. I was willing to sacrifice my own happiness for their sake but now thinking about it, another almost 18 years of this?

I'm thinking they are so young, it wouldn't affect them at all if I did it now.

I will always be in my boys life no matter what. I will always support them.

Am I being selfish to want to leave?

Please be as blunt as you want.
People don't understand...marriage is not a relationship and not meant to deliver romance film giddy joy experience. Marriage is a family bond.. Your wife/spouse is your family and you have the same responsibility you have as with any close family member, say kids. She's not a good mother for herself, but you and your offspring and that counts a lot, even if they're grown up.

You are disrespectful to the utmost. Staying married and working it out is taking responsibility, especially as she seems to care. Society does turn a blind eye to this, because of people who do this themselves and come up with 'valid' excuses for it. You really should've thought earlier about alleged deal-breakers. If they were truly such, you couldn't have possibly been with her at all. You don't know what a deal-breaker is then, trust me >.> She must have had some desirable qualities right there already, that she retained.

Marriage and family have are a bad joke to many, this is why I plan on never getting married, except in case of emergency for citizenship or something.... Spouse is in fact nothing and no one, even minors who give us nothing anyway (aka children).

Old 07-21-2016, 09:53 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
Passion and affection towards her, sorry, I can't fake that. We'll see how that goes.
Please tell us three things about her that you do like. We know you that you feel that she's a great mother so that can be #1. Now what's 2 more? More if you like but start with that.

Also, I've had another thought--is it possible that you became turned off to her after she had the kids? It happens sometimes and I wonder b/c it sounds like the real trouble in your marriage began with them since you were together for awhile before you had them and she had two of those altercations many years ago.

I know you're looking for someone to tell you it's ok to leave, and it is, but just know that your relationship to those kids will never be the same so it would be worth learning to suck it up and stay if you can bring yourself to do it. You could even learn to do this happily but it will take a huge dose of appreciation and gratitude for what you do have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships